Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

Blisters

I started skating in my new skates two days ago and iam getting a little blister on the heel of my left foot. I was wandering if anyone knew what I could do to dull the pain. Also, is this common with new skates? The skates fit and I dont notice and movement of my feet when Iam in them, they arent to big or anything. Is this just something that comes along with getting new skates?

Dr. Schols little blister packs' work good, and also, those things that u use for corn's or whatever the things that have a little padding around them and are empty in the middle seem to work good. Your skates will be fine soon enough, as long as their the right size.

you will get blisters in most new skates. You can try using neoprene socks or vaseline even works pretty well.

Hmm...I have never had a blister in my life.

Then again I always got skates that fit...

When ever I break in skates my feet hurt and I feel like Im gonna get blisters. But I don't remember getting a blister for about 2 years. I know a friend that just got new skates and he has about 7 blisters on his feet after skating on them for only 2 practices. His skates also fit right, because there the exact same pair as he had before just bigger.

For me, I am having a lot of trouble breaking in my news grafs. My feet hurt a lot and I couldn't get used to the tuuks so I went back to my old grafs last practice. Im gonna get lightspeeds on them now, just like my old ones and maybe that will make it so my feet don't feel as weird and aint ajusting to new holders.

Anyways when ever you get new skates your feet will hurt while your breaking them in. I hope in the future this changes. After last practice I don't feel like ever getting new skates again.

Only time I ever got a blister was with my 727s and that was because the heel was too wide for me. A properly fitted skate should not give you a blister. I also wear thin socks to reduce the friction.

I always have the annoying problem of having the stitching where the toecap meets the boot material rubbing the inside of my big toe. Even on a properly fitted skate, it's annoying (and painful) as heck and I haven't figured out anything to fix it. I have huge caluses on my big toes and it STILL hurts bad. The only skates that I don't have that problem on are the prostock pureflys I'm using, but in inline I haven't found any that work.. even missions (which you would think would be the same ice/inline, but they use different caps).

Your going to thank me for this... No.. none of the blister pads work to stop from pain in your skate. Go to your local pharamacy, like CVS, and pick up some second skin. It is ment for burns. DO NOT pick up the blister pads (they may help heal blisters, but they wont cure any pain. Pick up the moist burn pads. Put them on the blister, and you wont feel a thing. You may have to wrap it in ace to keep it secure, and some tape, but its worth it.

Try the Band-Aid brand Blister Block shown HERE. I have used these many times and they work great.

My skates don't normally cause me many blisters except when I have been skating all day and the moisture that still gets trapped in the boot allows my heels to slip. I can usually fix this problem by taking a break, drying out the inside of the skate, and changing socks.

I always have the annoying problem of having the stitching where the toecap meets the boot material rubbing the inside of my big toe. Even on a properly fitted skate, it's annoying (and painful) as heck and I haven't figured out anything to fix it. I have huge caluses on my big toes and it STILL hurts bad. The only skates that I don't have that problem on are the prostock pureflys I'm using, but in inline I haven't found any that work.. even missions (which you would think would be the same ice/inline, but they use different caps).

I have the exact same problem with my 705s.

you will get blisters in most new skates. You can try using neoprene socks or vaseline even works pretty well.

Hmm...I have never had a blister in my life.

Then again I always got skates that fit...

I hear ya' JR. I've never had blisters on my feet. I really crank down my laces tight so that could be part of the reason. There's no way that my feet could slide or move without the skate going with it.