Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karly14

reebok helmet

A guy on my team got the 8000 and i got to see it yesterday at my first practiceand i gotta say its not as bad as it looks in the pictures. But it does look WAY better with a cage on.

I was at a SOurce for Sports location today and they had a Bauer 8000 with Hamilton Bulldgos logos on it. It was in a display case, so I figured it was just a Bauer display done up for the store, but they also had one on the shelf, in the Bauer box that had logos on it.

Does Bauer supply them to stores with logos of local pro teams, or would that have been an SMU thing?

It looked pretty cool...

I was at a SOurce for Sports location today and they had a Bauer 8000 with Hamilton Bulldgos logos on it. It was in a display case, so I figured it was just a Bauer display done up for the store, but they also had one on the shelf, in the Bauer box that had logos on it.

Does Bauer supply them to stores with logos of local pro teams, or would that have been an SMU thing?

It looked pretty cool...

May be from the end of last season, most of the AHL stuff has to be THC for next season. Only three exceptions or something like that.

iginla looks pretty good in it, jovo looks just as bad in the reebok as he did with that ccm. Although he looked decent with the ht2 he used to wear with the panthers.

But really its not judging guys in that way... its just a certain look... and it sounds materialistic and ridiculous but its true, you can tell a scrub from a hotshot by their look on the ice.

and it sounds materialistic and ridiculous but its true, you can tell a scrub from a hotshot by their look on the ice.

That's not really true though. Gretz and Mario both kind've look crappy walking around. Not really "hot shots" by any means, however I'd hate to play against them.

The Reebok helmet is ugly in my opinion.

I took my 8000 to practicece today and everyone loved the look of it.

I think the helmet is. It keeps your head cool with all the venting and its really comforable. The chin cup is really nice too.

Off the subject... "you can tell a scrub from a hotshot by their look on the ice. " Scrubs and hotshots. Hmmm... are the hotshots bad? Oh yeah, and who is Mr.Blackstone?

On the subject... Hockey players seem to be a traditional bunch stuck in their ways, (not necessarily a bad thing) and don't take to the new equipment with the most enthusiasm. But in my humble opinion, a helmet is, a helmet, if it's comfortable and protects you thats enough for me. The reebok shiz looks aight though.

looks are such a big part of hockey...I would hate to see what you look like in pads, you're obviously oblivious to any standards...

Obviously everyone on this website cares about looks. So no body on here should say that they don't and we all know that we look at other people on the ice and say they look like idiots. For instance, some people think that the Quest 1 Helmet works with Mario Lemieux but it doesn't work on other people. Or, some people like proglo, and others don't, the point is that we are critical of the way we look on the ice. I am sure there are lots of people on this site that say something to themselves along the lines of, "Damn I look cool" lol.

looks are such a big part of hockey...I would hate to see what you look like in pads, you're obviously oblivious to any standards...

Obviously everyone on this website cares about looks. So no body on here should say that they don't and we all know that we look at other people on the ice and say they look like idiots.

Your one to talk.

I agree, looks are really big. I almost didn't get the 8000 because so many people on here thought it looked horrible. I ended up buying it and everyone loved it at practice.

A guy on my team got the 8000 and i got to see it yesterday at my first practiceand i gotta say its not as bad as it looks in the pictures. But it does look WAY better with a cage on.

Yes I totally think that to.It also looks better with the stickers visble.