Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

english15x

How To: Dye Your Holders

Fletch, they ARE jet black. When you dye holders with logo stickers, they stickers never get completely covered. The sticker prevents the dye from entering that part of the holder. See the green ones above that. They look really sweet in person.

English15x, Goalieboy1:

Did your holders come out BLACK? I used the liquid RIT dye (#15) to dye my holders. First time, I left them in about 10 minutes. They looked black under my kitchen lighting, but when I took them to work, and held them up to my boots, they were navy. I tried it again, and left it in a half hour and they came out a deep violet purple.

I'm trying it again, except this time I am mixing a couple packets of brown powder in with the black, to try and darken the mixture. I hope this works, or I am buying new holders. S15s with purple holders would not look so hot. :(

It's odd. The green ones I did came out pretty sweet.

I kept mine in overnight...I've found that that gets them the darkest (blackest)[holders

Fletch, they ARE jet black. When you dye holders with logo stickers, they stickers never get completely covered. The sticker prevents the dye from entering that part of the holder. See the green ones above that. They look really sweet in person.

Ah, gotcha.

English15x, Goalieboy1:

Did your holders come out BLACK? I used the liquid RIT dye (#15) to dye my holders. First time, I left them in about 10 minutes. They looked black under my kitchen lighting, but when I took them to work, and held them up to my boots, they were navy. I tried it again, and left it in a half hour and they came out a deep violet purple.

I'm trying it again, except this time I am mixing a couple packets of brown powder in with the black, to try and darken the mixture. I hope this works, or I am buying new holders. S15s with purple holders would not look so hot. :(

I kept mine in overnight...I've found that that gets them the darkest (blackest)[holders

That's what I plan on doing too....no sense in taking them out quickly if I don't need to.

I read in one of these threads that two packets of black and one packet of dark brown dye will be the best for getting a REAL black color. After using this method I have to say that it worked perfectly. I left them in for about 4 hours and they are BLACK.

Fletch, what I would do is make sure you mix some dark brown dye in with the black, to make sure it comes out dark enough. Then let them sit overnight like cbart suggested. Just make sure no kids or pets can get to it do spill or drink out of while you are sleeping. They will come out really nice.

BTW, what skates/holders are you doing?

Fletch, what I would do is make sure you mix some dark brown dye in with the black, to make sure it comes out dark enough. Then let them sit overnight like cbart suggested. Just make sure no kids or pets can get to it do spill or drink out of while you are sleeping. They will come out really nice.

BTW, what skates/holders are you doing?

I'm still debating ;)

English15x, Goalieboy1:

I kept mine in overnight, and i thought they looked purple the next day. So i put them back in for awhile and took them out and put them in a bucket of really cold water and waited a couple ours, took them out and dried them off with a paper towel and they were a lot blacker than the first time.

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black"

im getting white 9k's this week i might dye my holders red or blue and get red or blue laces "red white and blue vibe"

our uniforms are like the rangers

If your jerseys are like the Rangers, I would go blue holders, red laces. I think that would look REALLY sweet. Send me a pic of that. I really like the white skates.

Yes, you need to dye the holders for an extended period of time. I left mine in for 4 hours and i feel that it was just enough black. They could be blacker but for how they look on the ice it doesn't kill me. Glad to see all these great skate set ups. The lime green would have been better if maybe left in longer or maybe mixed with yellow?

Yes, you need to dye the holders for an extended period of time. I left mine in for 4 hours and i feel that it was just enough black. They could be blacker but for how they look on the ice it doesn't kill me. Glad to see all these great skate set ups. The lime green would have been better if maybe left in longer or maybe mixed with yellow?

I'm happy with the green. I'm not mounting them, just wanted to try a funky color. As for the black, they couldn't have come out any better. Only Wesley Snipes is darker than my holders.

Thorpedo:

Just follow the instructions on the first page, but subsitute blue dye instead of black. Leave the holders in for a while, but check on them and take them out when they get the color you want. I would try the liquid dye. Seems easier than the powder, at least to me.

Can you use regular painters tape (masking tape) if you want to do a 2 color dye job? I've got an old pair of holders and an active imagination.

i was contemplating dying my white ePro holders, but i'm afraid it may weaken them, so i may just get the retail black holders and swap them on. But nice guide though!

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black"

"There's a fine line between stupid and clever."

;)

"But mine go to 11"

I really like the way the black holders look, and they have a bit of a gawk factor as practically everybody has white.

I just bought a pair of custom s15's (until I can find a skate that fits me better) and hopefully they will be more durable than my first gen s15's.

Hopefully within a year I will go to some shops up north to try Grafs, Kor, etc to fing that elusive skate that fits me right.

Anyway, I am thinking of doing the black holders with black laces (I like the traditional black skate), and I think they will look pretty cool.

Is there any REAL benefit going from the Easton holder to the LS2?

What do you think of these skates with black holders and black laces?

b311_12.JPG