Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edge

I tested some SYNERGY skates today....

only ones i saw wearing z air comps were lupul and juneau

Im sure theres a lot more guys than just them that wear z air comps. I thought zeterberg and datsyuk wore them too.

Any ways who cares how many pros are wearing a certain type of skate. Its all PP and you should just goes what fits you the best. Thats just my 2 cents though.

Some stores in my area have them out on display even though the sign on them says coming out in october. Anyways on the bottom it says that they shouldnt be baked and if you do that your warrrenty will be void. So that might make them even longer to break in.

Some stores in my area have them out on display even though the sign on them says coming out in october. Anyways on the bottom it says that they shouldnt be baked and if you do that your warrrenty will be void. So that might make them even longer to break in.

Yea most hockey shops got a demo pair in.

There supposed to have no break in time. I usually wouldn't believe this but I have heard it form about 10 people already. There not supposed to be baked because it serves no point, there composite.

Actually it's not that it serves no point. It's actually damaging to the skate to be baked. Not to mention it can't be good for the glues used since heat usually breaks down most glues.

The skates are already out where I live. I saw them at my sports store for 799.99, and i also saw a kid wearing them at my conditioning camp. Maybe they came out sooner then october in canada?

usually if they are good skates then alot of pros wud be using them. Like the xx's.

zetterberg and datsyuk used the 2003's

Actually, pros can use whatever skate they feel most comfortable with. I know several pros including one who uses CCM 852 Tacks with a 752 tongue. It's all preference...or endorsement money.

the kid in Canada may have been testing them like I did.

And most shops didnt get a demo pair, just a display model.

All I know is the skates Modano sports (at least during the NHL season) are some old school Tacks.....im guessin CCM most likely custom makes them for him

All I know is the skates Modano sports (at least during the NHL season) are some old school Tacks.....im guessin  CCM most likely custom makes them  for him

Original 652s came back about 4 years ago. They stopped making them retail about two years ago, however it is still a popular skate in the pro ranks and is available custom.

Just a little something

Brian Holzinger wore z air comps

Ryan Malone had Synergy skates for some of this season too.

I was checkin out the display model at a local shop, and I do like how the skates feel. I'm glad they changed the colors and design a little bit. Price tag is a little hefty for me, so I'll stick with my Comp SE's.

We had about 6 players in the Synergy skates at the end of the season and around 50-55 total players in the NHL in Easton skates. The Synergy skates were still being worked on right up until the end of the season.

I saw them today, there were a pair on display at my LHS. They look pretty comfy, IMO like someone skinned a laz-e-boy and then used the leather to line skates. They looked really stiff. If there were 2 things I didnt like about them, they were the back of the skates and the toe. The toe looked really shallow, and the toe cap looked really short. Also, the back of the skate was solid composite. It seemed sort of fishy.

This WAS NOT THE FINAL VERSION OF THE SKATE! after talking with Ryan.

The tongue is going to be changed, as are the liner of the ankle pads, which by the way tore the hell out of my ankle today, so the newer model will be really nice.

Did the shop you go into have a pair or just a display?

I skated in them today, and the ankle area of the liner gave me a little trouble. From what Ryan has told me, the liner in that area will be changed and HAS been changed.

The parabolic steel felt really good actually today...I think it just takes some getting used to.

And the toe box isnt near as bad as you think. Yes, it is smaller, but I had thought the same thing. It isn't bad.

I think that was my last opportunity to test them out. They were nice guys.

Easton's done a great job with these.