Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goalieboy#1

Slapshot Energy?

I like the Xyience 8oz energy drinks. The apple tastes like 7UP, no sugar but they're hard to find.

It's hard to find because they ran out of money. They paid the UFC guys way to much money in the beginning and lost big.

I might wanna check this out. There are times I take a nap and wake up just before a game, and don't get my legs going until the 3rd.

Go for a light jog before a game or kick a soccer ball around with a team mate. These are referred to as "Dynamic Warmups" and get the body ready for Hockey, moving your feet and using your co-ordination.

I make my juniors do this and the difference is huge.

I'll have to try this next game. Do you recommend the energy drinks to go with it?

Forget the energy drinks, if you are fit and ready to go, the dynamic warm up will get your mind and body working into the game from the drop of the puck.

Forget the energy drinks, if you are fit and ready to go, the dynamic warm up will get your mind and body working into the game from the drop of the puck.

some extra help doesnt hurt though. and if they have the right ingredients at the right doses, then they will certainly enhance edurance and vo2max. however i have yet to see a rtd energy drink properly dosed.

that being said in target yesterday i found NOS energy drink which seemed to be decently dosed, picked it up on sale, we will see what it does. i am super resistant to stims.

Some people rely on these drinks and thats what is stupid about it to me.

I have never had an energy drink or a soda or anything of the like that contains caffeine for over 2 years now, and I have more energy and can last longer skating on the ice than most of the dudes sipping on lucozade or red bull in the locker room and when they are on the bench.

I think the reason energy drinks are so popular and there are so many brands that sell well is because people believe and think it works for them and is actually making a difference. Maybe in some cases it does, I'm not saying it doesn't completely, but there are alot of people out there paying alot of money for this stuff and it is really doing nothing for you. It's all really bad for you this stuff.

really, just because you are saying its bad for you, doesnt mean its true. most have the same 4 or 5 ingredients which are completely safe.

really, just because you are saying its bad for you, doesnt mean its true. most have the same 4 or 5 ingredients which are completely safe.

I did not say it was un-safe at all. Even though large ammounts of caffeine is infact un-safe.

But anyway, they certainly are not good for you, lets put it that way.

personally i think that it is psycho-somatic. i drank a monster one time and it had no effect yet my friend drinks one and keeps SAYING "im sooo pumped that monster really worked im feeling good". i know somebody is going to say some people are resistant to it but i know i am not because if i drink coffee it helps me stay awake so i know im not resistant to caffeine. energy drinks are wayy to hyped

i just want to know what business a foruteen year old kid has with energy drinks? is this the way they are teaching the kids theese days? developing bad habits at a young age wich could cost them their health later in life. when i was a kid no one drank energy drinks or took any kind of drugs. and as one guy stated dynamic training works much better then that stuff..

as for this swedish kid whos father was telling him to take sudafed and drink a cup of coffee before games.. that is stupidist advice to give your own son.

i agree that it isnt necessary at all, but the people that are saying it is dangerous for you, what are you basing this on? moderate caffeine use has no true long term effects. the other ingredients are amino acids and something this is a very good anti-oxidant. now again, i am not saying kids should drink this, but to simply say its dangerous is uneducated.