Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gatorade09

Should i get a PS3

i have a 360 but i have been watching E3 this week and i watched the videos for Little Big Planet which looks like a cool game to go and get but its for the ps3.

what i would probably do is buy good offline games for the ps3 and then buy the good online games for the ps3.

right now the games i want to get are gears2(360), COD:WaW(360), Shaun White Snowboarding(PS3), Mirroir's Edge(PS3), Little Big Planet(PS3), 007 Quantam Solace(PS3 i don't think i spelled quantam right).

Now i know thats a lot of money to be spent but i have some games to get rid of and other stuff like that. Also my Birthday is around th release of most of those games so my parents give me some money.

What do you guys think go for it or just stick with the 360

I have a ps3 myself and objectively, it has a better future but is less capable now. You might be better off waiting for a price drop next yr. I also don't play my ps3 much now because I'm addicted to hockey like it's crack or a young, not crazy Naomi Campbell.

I have a PS3 and I couldn't be more happy. Now you can even download (or rent) movies to your PS3's harddrive and you can connect your PSP and it will transfer the movie so you can watch it on your PSP. Sweet feature IMHO. And I like the online especially since its free.

most people I know with 360's are trying to get rid of them for a PS3....I think they announced a price drop to $400 for an 80GB unit in September? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Between GTA4 and MGS4 I already have more video games than I have time to play, and I don't use blu-ray for movies yet, but I'm happy with my PS3.

If you've got a 360, don't worry about the PS3. If you really want to add another system go for the Wii.

I already have a wii but it's my brother's so i don't play it that much and i don't like it that much because there isn't any amazing games like cod:world at war or gears2 comin out for it

I already have a wii but it's my brother's so i don't play it that much and i don't like it that much because there isn't any amazing games like cod:world at war or gears2 comin out for it

The next COD is going to be garbage.

No InfinityWard = FAIL

I've heard there are two new COD's coming out, the very next one is going to be created non-InfinityWard, but the next big one in the series will in-fact be created by InfinityWard. Just going by what I have read and what I've been told.

I've heard there are two new COD's coming out, the very next one is going to be created non-InfinityWard, but the next big one in the series will in-fact be created by InfinityWard. Just going by what I have read and what I've been told.

I thought that every other year Infinity Ward produces COD so the one after W@W would be IW. I don't know for a fact though.

If you've got a 360, don't worry about the PS3. If you really want to add another system go for the Wii.

I have a Wii and I used it from Christmas day up to about mid febuary and I've played it a max 4 times ever since. Now, I am not much for video games, I don't really have time, but the Wii gets boring unless you want to buy the few good games that are out for it (Super Mario Galaxy is sick haha) but I guess all I'm trying to say is that it is very repetetive and gets extremely boring after not very long

I have an XBox 360 Elite, and I'm more than content with it... however, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Blue Ray player. Once I started shopping for them, I figured a decent quality one runs about $250-$300... so I might as well get a PS3 just for the Blue Ray player, and the extra function is an added bonus.

I'm planing on picking up a PS3 next year hopefully and I have an Xbox 360 right now. I think what I'll do is use the Xbox for my main system and get the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player and only get the games exclusive to PS3, like MGS4 and Final Fantasy XIII when it comes out.

Two things to keep in mind:

The PS3 is great quality wise, with a reported <1% failure rate. It also boasts a Blu-Ray disk player and extremely easy to change hard drive.

However, it's not as graphically powerful as the XBox360, and it has problems with slow frame rates with some games (I've experienced this with Medal of Honor: Airborne). There are also less games being developed for the PS3 compared to XBox360.

The XBox360 is famous for the Ring of Death. With it's lack of quality testing before release, they didn't realize that it overheated to the point of mechanical failure. This will not be fully fixed until 2009 to 2012 with an introduction with a shared CPU/GPU unit which should get rid of the problems. Last year, it was reported that >30% of XBox360 failed. As of now, the failure rates have gone down, and Microsoft offers 3 year warranty.

However, graphically it's way better with games, having quad core CPU, vs PS3 which uses one real and virtual CPU units. Microsoft also has a better online community. There are lots of games.

So, in conclusion, if you want the best looking games, I'd go with the XBox. Even with the failure possibilities (which can also be avoided with proper cleaning of the fans and not to put it in a bad place with low to none ventilation), I'd go with the XBox. I kinda regret getting my PS3, but when the new XBox comes out, I'm going to get that one.

The XBox360 is famous for the Ring of Death. With it's lack of quality testing before release, they didn't realize that it overheated to the point of mechanical failure. This will not be fully fixed until 2009 to 2012 with an introduction with a shared CPU/GPU unit which should get rid of the problems. Last year, it was reported that >30% of XBox360 failed. As of now, the failure rates have gone down, and Microsoft offers 3 year warranty.

I know about the ring of death thing because it happened to me so after that i traded in for an elite and i have had it for almost a year and it hasn't broke so im happy

but this could clear up some info for some users

ok so i live with my parents still because im in high school and so i live with my mom, dad, and brother but my parents are divorced and i live with my mom more. so i only get to use my 360 only on the weekends. so i want a ps3 so i can have something to do at my moms house instead of just watching tv. so that is my main reason of why i want to get it.

Dude. PS3+GTA4=Freaking awesome. Burnout Paradise is pretty damn impressive too. There aren't as many games for it as there are for 360 right now, but in another year or so that will change I think. Also, there are several QUALITY games out for PS3 IMO (the kind that are really addictive). I use the Blu-Ray player all the time (thanks netflix), and it works great (even on my 1080i flat-tube TV I notice the quality difference).

However, it's not as graphically powerful as the XBox360.

That's not true.

While it is a fact that several cross platform games (most notably EA titles) are graphically inferior on the PS3, that is a function of the programming of the game being more suited to the 360 than the PS3. The PS3 is not inherently a weaker system graphically.

Also for whoever said the next Final Fantasy is PS3 exclusive...it's not. It was announced a few days ago at E3 that it will be coming out for the 360 as well.

However, it's not as graphically powerful as the XBox360.

That's not true.

While it is a fact that several cross platform games (most notably EA titles) are graphically inferior on the PS3, that is a function of the programming of the game being more suited to the 360 than the PS3. The PS3 is not inherently a weaker system graphically.

Also for whoever said the next Final Fantasy is PS3 exclusive...it's not. It was announced a few days ago at E3 that it will be coming out for the 360 as well.

I dont really care about the graphics mainly because i won't be playing on a hdtv.

also a question for those who have the ps3, do you need a ethernet cable to connect to its live or is it wireless?

I've been toying with the idea of getting one but what's the deal with the game installs? Does that mean it copies the game to the hard drive and you no longer need the disk?

I've been toying with the idea of getting one but what's the deal with the game installs? Does that mean it copies the game to the hard drive and you no longer need the disk?

no, not really. It exists to cut down load time. Beyond that, I'm not aware of any other purpose. BTW, the ps3 has more graphical potential than the x360. However, it hasn't been used yet. This years line of EA games is supposed to fully match (or possibly exceed) the 360 versions due to more programming work on EA's part.

also a question for those who have the ps3, do you need a ethernet cable to connect to its live or is it wireless?

It has wi-fi.

They're now starting to give you the choice to download some games from the Playstation Network and running them straight off the HDD rather than buying the actual disk.