Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAB

Light Pants

I searched through past topics to get some info, but I wanted more opinions on finding some good, light pants. I currently wear Mission Warp Zero's. They offer great protection, but being a rec league player I really don't need protection as my first priority. So...I'm looking for something less restrictive and definitely lighter. Lately I've looked at the Vapor 10 and 6 pants, but I haven't tried them on yet. Any opinions on either by those who own some or have tried them on? I'd like to find something about half the weight of my current pants. Thanks for the help.

Try the M2 or TPS P104. The M2 is a great value and is much lighter than the M1. The P104s are a nice top level pant that happen to be pretty light as well.

I would HIGHLY recommend Sande 980 pants. They are what I am currently wearing. They have all the bells and whistles you need, offer pro level protection and are extremely light. They are high quality and made in Canada!

Sande 980 pants

Yeah JR I've been looking at the girdles. I've never worn one (nor does anyone on my team), so I just don't know much about them. Stupid question...with a girdle, can you still wear Itech shorts and attach socks underneath or do you do something different? I notice the CCM girdles have a spot for a cup but the Bauers don't?

I'll take your word for the 104s being the lightest...I'll have to check those out.

Thanks

CCM girdle is junk.

I've been skating with a girdle for about 8 yrs now.

Yes, you can wear all of your undergarments with a girdle (but if you need e-z access...LOL bad joke)

The older Bauer/Cooper ones are awesome if you can find it but you might have to settle for the MBP Vapor 8. That's the one I am using right now. I love the fact that I can tie my skates w/o my pants on. LOL

A girdle similar to the old Bauer is the Tackla.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check out some girdles in person. Somehow my brain thinks if I lose 1 pound from using a lighter pant/girdle that I'll skate faster and score a lot more (ha). Oh well, every bit of weight reduction helps I guess.

CCM girdle is junk.

I agree I had to get one after my bag was stolen...which had my tackla girdle in it...If your looking into a girdle Id go with the tackla. Pantswise Id say go with the M-2

Looking at the Montreal/Tackla website...I assume the 4000 girdle is the one you're all recommending (the 5000 doesn't look like its meant for ice hockey).

...and any opinions on the M-2 vs TPS104s vs Vapor 6s in terms of fit/weight?

i've got m-1's which are bricks but they also have a ton of padding in them, and i have ccm 652's which used to be a little heavy but they've lighten up as i got used to them. nikes always felt really light to me in the stores. i woulda got them instead of ccm but they didn't have my size