Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperMan3

Fav-Re? to the Jets

Dear Belichick,

Break this guys legs.

And, about Favre vs NE. His last game against NE was a home game where he went 5-15 73yds. Surprisingly, he didn't throw any interceptions.

Personally I feel he's going to be terrible without his WRs that put up the best YAC season I think ever last year. And the worse he does the more he'll force the ball, and as we know that will lead to INTs.

So who is going to pick him up for fantasy?? ;)

Probably the same people that picked him up after a 72 rating 2006. He'll gunsling some TDs and you'll just have to deal with the INTs.

Why would 'you want to see what you have' though when what you already had gives you a very very good shot at the Super Bowl? If the Packers were a middle of the road AFC team, then it's a different story, they aren't getting by the Pats, Colts, and Chargers anyways....but in a wide open NFC with a strong team I have no idea why they would willingly downgrade themselves at the game's most important position.

Rodgers is in an impossible spot here. I hope he has a great season, but I'd be shocked if he is in the top half of the quaterbacks in the league this year.

He had a chance to take the Packers to the Super Bowl last year. How'd that pan out? Had the NFC title practically gift-wrapped and he tosses up a duck that got picked by a back-up corner!

No? Here! Not my video, but a fitting tribute to a guy who jerked an organization, city and state that freakin' worshiped him! Don't get me wrong, I'm bleed green and yellow (mostly burgundy: go Avs!), but he burned, detonated and pissed all over that bridge.

Part of this deal is if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikings (for sure, it could be a divisional team of the Packers not just the Vikes) the Packers would get 3 first round picks.

With Pennington's release 'they' were talking about his record in a Dome...apparently he's AWESOME in a dome....think Minny will go after him?

I heard Miami was also interested. Wow, the string of bad QBs in Miami since Marino retired rivals what Buffalo has done since Kelly hung them up.

[EDIT]: Oops...n/m ---> http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=245685&lid...=headlines_main (he signed in Mia)

Chad played pretty well in 07. Nothing amazing but probably well enough to make Miami a 5-6 win team.

I'm a casual NFL fan and I'm really glad this is all over. Hopefully Brett's presence helps Kellen Clemens become at least a decent NFLer.

I'm a casual NFL fan and I'm really glad this is all over. Hopefully Brett's presence helps Kellen Clemens become at least a decent NFLer.

Word is Brett is TERRIBLE with young QBs. That Rodgers has pretty much learned nothing from him.

Word is Brett is TERRIBLE with young QBs. That Rodgers has pretty much learned nothing from him.

Would YOU train your understudy well enough to take over your job?

Some people would, especially considering the age difference.

If I was someone who had been talking about retiring for almost ten years at that point, yes.

Oh no, I wouldn't. But I'm not Brett Favre. If I was I'd be a pill-popping drama queen. But he knew he wouldn't have made himself expendable. He needed to retire or pull something like he did this summer to lose that starting job.

Looks like it could be that other undrafted kid to be the backup this year...I wish I could remember his name, but he is ripping up training camp, and the first preseason game.

OK, let me re-phrase that:

Would YOU teach someone well enough to take over your job, making yourself expendable in the process?

If your concern is the success of the team, then yes, you do teach someone.

I didn't know Ainge got picked up by the Jets. Another Oregon boy.

...who snubbed them and went to Tennessee :)

Careful there.....you have an alumni and someone that bleeds Orange over here. ;)