Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roadrunner

Different PowerPlay Palys

Anyone got any really effective PP plays that they would like to share. The one we use is 3 across the top of the blu line and 2 down low. Obviously the 2 on each side come in a little. When teams paly the box on us the middle guy always has

a clear shot, I'm sure most of you guys know it.

for ours, we have opposite shots floating around each faceoff dot, center is either in the corner or high slot, and opposite shots on each point. we try to get a cross ice pass for the one-timer to either the wingers or point man, and have the center to crash the net for rebounds

Being a big guy, I alway tell my linemates to make plays behind the net and around the boards. I'd stand out in front and screen the goalie. Eventually that opens up the Dmen for a good shot on goal.

ther overload works the best IMO. Having 3 players up on the blueline (umbrella) creates a greater chance for a turnover and doesnt put ebough traffic in front/players down low. Its much easier to move the puck from the hashmarks in on the PP then up high.

last year my team played "the wall" it was pretty effective ,one man in front of the net two on whichever wall and the d men on the point.

We used the umbrella (3 up top) and then it could be modified to shift over and have two on the wall, and it could go from side to side. I was defence and one of the bigger guys on the team, so sometimes the coach would toss me in front just to muck it up a bit there and lay down a screen.

Yes, but it doent work if you only got sissies who wont take the heat out front. ;)

"if you cant take the pit, then stay the $%$* out of the pit"

Our lame bread and butter was the overload and then find the weakside trailer coming in. I prefer improv though, so long as you know the guys you're playing with well enough.

We used the umbrella (3 up top) and then it could be modified to shift over and have two on the wall, and it could go from side to side. I was defence and one of the bigger guys on the team, so sometimes the coach would toss me in front just to muck it up a bit there and lay down a screen.

we also use the umbrella usually. It works best imo.

I'm with Mack. I think it makes a lot more sense to play what you're comfortable with, and also adjusting to the situation. That being said, my line will almost always do a form of the umbrella with my ass planted in front of the net. But if the PKers actually know what they're doing and play the diamond, things change quickly.

our team puts 2 guys in front of the net. 1 dman at the middle of the blue line and 2 offwing shots along the boards. its not alot of passing. mostly shooting.

Sounds like easy clears to me. I usually rotate from in front, to the circles and to the blueline since our d-men have girl shots.