Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lee92

drury-like curves

with a curve like the drury, is there a hard adjustment shooting with it coming from cruves such as the sakic and lidstrom? and if anyones gone to a drury from these curves, did you prefer the drury or was it hard to shoot and handle the puck with?

It has no curve, so you can't really cradle the puck. You need some strong forearms otherwise you are going to flutter a lot of shots, and its difficult to get used to. Once you do harness the beast however, its you will realize how good it is and never want to use anything besides heel wedges.

Once you do harness the beast however, its you will realize how good it is and never want to use anything besides heel wedges.

What exactly makes this beast the thing it is?

its cake to stickhandle with, throws saucer passes and puts it under the bar for you, and is very easy to take a backhand with. The rocker also lets you fire from any body position with ease.

I didn't have any problems when I switched to a Drury from a Sakic last summer. I found controlling the height of shots, especially slap shots, to be easier with the Drury. The Drury is almost flat from heel to mid, which makes it easier to receive passes with than the Sakic's more pronounced rocker (at least for me). Some people don't like the rockered toe, but I love it for dragging the puck across close to my feet. And the close-in snapshots up high make me look better than I am (nobody I play with uses anything with nearly as much loft).

What the Drury lacks in puckhandling it more than makes up for it with bomb slapshots...

:blink: I find it awesome for stickhandling actually. Maybe it's how the curve in the blade is concentrated right near the heel. Definitely more wrist action involved I've found. I agree with the slapshots though, very nice.

Looks like i'll bite the bullet and try out that Nike Apollo blade with the PM6 curve. The lie is pretty much similar to the pro Hull and the rocker is kinda close, just less pronounced.

Doesn't seem to be coming up on the Search. Do older threads get phased out eventually or something?