Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Top 50

Because its not a videogame. If you watched any of the bruins at all last year, you would realize that the thornton-knuble-murray line had amazing chemistry.

As far as nash vs zherdev is concerned, i would take nash hands down. 6'4 commands attention from the opposing teams defense, is a monster in front of the net, and good in his own zone. Zherdev - 5'10 amazing stick skills, looks like a fish out of water in the d end, plays soft. Defense is a part of the game fyi.

I don't see a lot of Bruins game last year but I have seen all the 7 playoff games against Montreal and Samsonov was just flying while Thornton was doing nothing and taking bad penalties. I have never understand why Sullivan have never put Samsonov once on the PP1 during that playoff. My point is that they should trust a little more Samsonov.

I have never liked Thornton to begin with, but you can't base a performance on 7 games. Simply put, the players you like seem to be able to put people out of their seats with great plays. But how many of them can be the #1 guy? Not Bure, Kovalev, fedro, Ribs, etc. Guys like Nash, Heatley, Mess, etc are #1 guys. Sorry if you don't like how they play. But that is how you win or eventually have a winning team.

If you pick a guy liek Zhedev before Nash, you don't have the teams best ineterest at heart.

I think Fedorov is one of the main reason why Detroit has had so much success in te past year.

And Kovalev in 2002-03 season was carrying the Pens on his shoulders even when Mario was injured. The Pens with a poor team were like 7th-8th in the East before Kovy leaves for the Rangers. We know the end.

I think that finess players can be as much valuable for a team as skills-physical players.

It only depends on how the team use them.

Also dont forget thornton was playing in the playoffs with a broken rib and jaw (as a result of lindros busting his grill i might add)

I agree completely with your last sentence.

What I am saying is that Federov did have Yzerman (probably the top 5 greatest NHL captains). He dissapointed last year with the ducks. Kovalev is at his best with little pressure or Little resposibility on the ice.

Yeah, and it's why Kovy had so much success with Lemieux. I think Kovy needs someone to give him confidence. As bad as Kovy could be when all goes bad for him, but when he has confidence and he really is in his game, this guy is something to see.

Anyway, I agree with you on this point...

there is no question the guy is a human highlight reel, but from an nhl owner, gm, coach and player perspective, what would you rather have? A guy who goes out and scores an unbelieveable goal about once every 10 games, or players who play within a system for the good of the team, (ie everyone on tampa bay and calgary)

you know what type of people deserve respect...playing through the injuries they get and still schooling the opponent's top line up...screw the pussy MD's and their fancyass painkillers...heard that Saku Koivu was playing (in that BOston/MOntreal series) with a broken rib/bruised lung or something...I don't know where I heard that from...but if it's true, then he's my vote for best example-setter (not necessarily captain but hey)

that's the people who deserve respect...playing through the injuries they get and still schooling the opponent's top line up...screw the pussy MD's and their fancyass painkillers...heard that Koivu was playing (in that BOston/MOntreal series) with a broken rib/bruised lung or something...I don't know where I heard that from...but if it's true, then he's my vote for best example-setter (not necessarily captain but hey)

Yeah, it's true about Koivu...A thing I don't like of Koivu is that he always want to be the best, he don't want to let place to the others players. He want to run everything. I find Koivu jealous.

Look at captain like Yzerman and Lemieux, they have always respect the others players. Yzerman has repect Fedorov even if Fedorov has the same ice time than him. Lemieux has always respect Jagr and Kovalev overhandling and even love to play with those players

Because its not a videogame. If you watched any of the bruins at all last year, you would realize that the thornton-knuble-murray line had amazing chemistry.

As far as nash vs zherdev is concerned, i would take nash hands down. 6'4 commands attention from the opposing teams defense, is a monster in front of the net, and good in his own zone. Zherdev - 5'10 amazing stick skills, looks like a fish out of water in the d end, plays soft. Defense is a part of the game fyi.

I don't see a lot of Bruins game last year but I have seen all the 7 playoff games against Montreal and Samsonov was just flying while Thornton was doing nothing and taking bad penalties. I have never understand why Sullivan have never put Samsonov once on the PP1 during that playoff. My point is that they should trust a little more Samsonov.

i though thorton was hurt during playoffs though.

if he wants to be the best...he'll work his ass more...3rd in scoring for montreal in regular season...and 1st for montreal in the playoffs with 11 pts

Guest 2048

Thornton was badly hurt that whole series. I think he had some problem with his ribs.

Thornton was badly hurt that whole series. I think he had some problem with his ribs.

Yeah, I heard he had trouble even sleeping, and it really showed.

I agree completely with your last sentence.

What I am saying is that Federov did have Yzerman (probably the top 5 greatest NHL captains). He dissapointed last year with the ducks.  Kovalev is at his best with little pressure or Little resposibility on the ice.

Yeah, and it's why Kovy had so much success with Lemieux. I think Kovy needs someone to give him confidence. As bad as Kovy could be when all goes bad for him, but when he has confidence and he really is in his game, this guy is something to see.

Anyway, I agree with you on this point...

But you have to think of this, Lemieux can make Tie Domi a goal scorer, maybe Kovalev isn't as good as you think. Sure, he has amazing hands, but you have to be able to get the puck to use them, that's where Lemieux came in. He really opened up the ice for kovalev.

But he also spent quite a bit of time w/o Mario. Let's not forget he spent time on a line with Nedved, who's the anti-playmaker. "Two-on-one? Well, better shoot."

But he also spent quite a bit of time w/o Mario. Let's not forget he spent time on a line with Nedved, who's the anti-playmaker. "Two-on-one? Well, better shoot."

LOL true, I was just trying to make a point that kovy isn't as great as he kovy rbs fedo thinks he is. And you ruined it thanks a lot. ;)

Oops, I forgot my disclaimer that in no way do I think that Kovalev is as good as he's perceived to be. He's what Kvarltanov would have been had he made it to the NHL when he was young.

maybe Kovalev isn't as good as you think. Sure, he has amazing hands, but you have to be able to get the puck to use them, that's where Lemieux came in. He really opened up the ice for kovalev.

Very true, also, keep in mind Yzerman has ~1200 *assists* makes you think a bit about how much Fedorov solely contributed to the wings... I swear Yzerman was cursed with being in the same era as Gretzky *and* Lemuiex...

Yeah, it's true about Koivu...A thing I don't like of Koivu is that he always want to be the best, he don't want to let place to the others players. He want to run everything. I find Koivu jealous.

What are you talking about? If Koivu wanted to be the best, why would he be so vocal about wanting Kovy back next year? Makes so sense to me.

I swear Yzerman was cursed with being in the same era as Gretzky *and* Lemuiex...

I agree 100%. If it wasn't for those two, he'd have won numerous Art Ross and Hart trophies.

i think yzerman is one of the purest examples of what a hockey player should be, in my opinion. he's a great leader whos actions speak louder than words. he's played through tremendous pain (olympics n playoffs on one knee) and came through. you can always see him digging in the corners and in front of the net taking whacks. he never loses his composure. and he can make some beauty plays.

like you all said, it is a shame that he was playing in an era with players such as gretzky, lemieux, and messier because he could of walked away with a bit of hardware from those years

Thornton was injured before that series started and never healed. Samsonov benefitted from playing with Bergeron, who has amazing potential. They had a good chemistry together, just like The Thornton, Murray, Knuble line. If I remember correctly they tried Samsonov in place of Knuble for a couple games and it did't work well.

As for the Columbus question, I'd take Nash. He is already becoming a leader in the dressing room and is going to be a very, very good player.