Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgiant

"Easton Gretzky 2" blade pattern/Azzali Hockey (Italy)

Hi everyone,

3-pronged question/post.

Does anyone know the exact specs for the Easton Gretzky 2 pattern (Curve Type, Curve Depth, Curve Size, Face Angle, Blade Length, Lie, Toe Shape)?

Is anyone familiar w/ Azzali Hockey (Italy)? If so, could you provide any contact info you may have (website, email, phone)? Staying w/ the same topic, what other company, or companies, do forum members use to order custom blades... Christian, Sherwood, ?

Lastly, which online hockey equipment retailer has the best shipping and handling rates? I found that Kemps Hockey offers free shipping after $49. And, I just made a purchase from Hockey Monkey, which offered free shipping after $149. I definitely prefer to shop online but it is often difficult to justify shipping and handling costs when you want to make a couple of small purchases here and there.

Please write if you have any input. Thanks!

The Gretzky II I had was a mid-toe, moderate, pretty long, round toe, very low lie, probably 4. It was a Hespeler HMP Offset blade, I'm not sure if that changes things.

Where are you located? In Italy/Europe? There should be some european websites that wouldn't be as bad for shipping.

The Gretzky II I had was a mid-toe, moderate, pretty long, round toe, very low lie, probably 4. It was a Hespeler HMP Offset blade, I'm not sure if that changes things.

Where are you located? In Italy/Europe? There should be some european websites that wouldn't be as bad for shipping.

No, I'm in the States, but my buddy swears by the Azzali blades and is ready to put an order in for a new batch, so I am contemplating going in on the order with him.

As far as domestic vendor for custom blades, who would you personally recommend?

Easton also had a Gretz pattern

Easton also had a Gretz pattern

As I recall, it had a pretty big bend to it.

I apologize if I'm hijacking this thread, but since this topic is about a Gretzky blade pattern, I thought I would ask my question in this thread.

Aside from taking the blade off of the shaft and bringing the blade into the store and comparing the different blade patterns, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a blade pattern that resembles Wayne Gretzky's blade pattern from back when he was using Easton hockey sticks.

His actual pattern? Find any Ryan Smyth pro return.

I'm not sure if it's his actual blade pattern or not, but I'll take a look in stores for Ryan Smyth's blade pattern and see. Thanks for the help.

It doesn't appear that the original question was ever answered and I'm still curious.

Does anyone know the exact specs for the old EASTON retail Gretzky II pattern (Curve Type, Curve Depth, Curve Size, Face Angle, Blade Length, Lie, Toe Shape)?

Please write if you have any input. Thanks!

almost no curve

and guessing handmade so slight differences

I will be giving these away very soon once I figure out what I selling......

DSC09561.jpg

The Easton Gretzky II curve had a big bend to it. It was a deep mid with a hair of twist, if I recall correctly. The Hespelers were the slight curve.