Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mac

American Midget Teir 1

I'm goin down to Mercyhurst University on Sunday to play the Erie Midget Teir 1 hockey team, and I was wondering if anybody here has any experience playing against them, or just what Midget Teir 1 hockey is like? Just because everyone talks about how high-school hockey is the big hockey in the states, not rep hockey. I was just looking for something to compare it to.

Kind of on the same topic here. I played rep where I useto live, but they have tiers instead of "rep" tier 1,2,3. Is tier one like AA or is it REP or what?

This is canada by the way.

Midget Major Tier 1 is big in the states. I have never heard of an Erie team, so I do not know of their team, but you should expect a fairly good game. By the way, what team do you play for mac?

In response to your question crosskore, I am pretty sure Tier 1 is AAA, Tier 2 is AA, and Tier 3 is A.

I play for the St. Catharines Major Midget Jr. Falcons. It's pretty sweet because we are affiliated with our Jr. 'B' team, so we get all free equipment and a brand new room. I also play half the games with the Jr. 'B' team because I'm signed on both a Midget card and a 'B' card. Who do you play for AAA?

Erie? I didn't know they had a AAA orginization.

As AAA said, tier 1 is huge in the states. The upper echelon tier 1 teams are good (Honeybaked, LC, TI, Jr Bruins, Shattuck, etc.)

There are also tier 1 teams that can be beat by your everyday A or AA team.

I've never heard of Erie, so I couldn't give you an accurate opinion.

Tier levels are more or less geographical, and are determined by the overall playing population that a region has to draw from as well I believe by the success at certain major tournaments shown by teams from that region. Each Tier level can have AAA, AA, or A levels within the tier. In the USA it's mostly only the border regions who have AAA levels as they play more games with Canadian Teams. Tier 1 teams being the strongest regions etc.

Tier levels are more or less geographical, and are determined by the overall playing population that a region has to draw from as well I believe by the success at certain major tournaments shown by teams from that region. Each Tier level can have AAA, AA, or A levels within the tier. In the USA it's mostly only the border regions who have AAA levels as they play more games with Canadian Teams. Tier 1 teams being the strongest regions etc.

In the US, ALL AAA is Tier I, and all Tier I is AAA. When you get to Tier II and A and AA, that's where it varies state-by-state. In Michigan midgets, 18-under, AAA (Midget Major) is Tier I, AA is Tier II. For Midget under-16, AAA (Midget Minor) is Tier I, A is Tier II. Each state is different though.

After looking at my schedule again, it says that the game is in Edinboro, PA. Would Edinboro have at team because under there it says that we play the Erie Teir 1 Midgets, so maybe my coaches just messed up.

After looking at my schedule again, it says that the game is in Edinboro, PA. Would Edinboro have at team because under there it says that we play the Erie Teir 1 Midgets, so maybe my coaches just messed up.

Lake Erie abuts several states. That team probably took Erie as part of its name because the team is made up of players from that region of PA.

We played against a team in that organization two years ago in a tournament in Detroit. They weren't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed. As I remember it, they had one or two guys who could move, a couple big defencemen and a little bit of dead-weight. Their defence was pretty good; it was tough to find open ice, but once you got them running around (aside from a few guys, I found their team pretty slow and, at times, flat-footed), you can really do damage. They weren't as good with the puck though. Remember, I haven't seen them since then, nor have I played against your team, but I would have to say that if you are able to get them moving around and try to keep the pace of the game high, you should be set.

Thanks alot Tiger. We don't have the biggest team, but we're pretty dam quick. I think we should be good, this is only our second exhibition game, but we've practiced just about every night. I'll keep those things in mind, but like you said, you haven't seen them in two years.