Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xstartxtodayx

How to clean Oakley visor?

i used to work for oakley and the only thing you should be using to clean the visor is the oakley sprays that they sell. they have a special coating on the visors and as you can see if you use anything other than their cleaner you run the risk of wrecking that coating. having worked there i can tell you it is well worth it to buy the spray it works amazing. i got a visor from a second hand store real cheap because it looked all scratched. i took it home cleaned it with the cleaner and microfiber bag and it looks brand new. i hope this helps a little

Just to recap sine the visor was mine... the thing was quite old and had seen it's fair share of usage, had a handful of scratches and scuffs so in the end I had more reason to just buy a new one. I have, and still do, only use the Oakley AFS spray (still have the same bottle after all these years), but it doesn't do much to clean scuffs or anything more than fingerprints and smudges, that's why I tried some soap and water. In the end the soap and water did more damage than I ever could have imagine so lesson learned, if the visor gets all scuffed and smudgy and the spray doesn't do anything then just buy a new one ;)

http://oakley.com/pd/3639/11670

this is what you want to get this cleaner in a lot better then the AFS

That makes sense now considering the AFS is just an anti-fog spray (I thought you were referring to the AFS stuff at first)... I think I'll pick some of that up the next time I'm at the Oakley store or talk to my buddy who's friends w/ the Oakley rep, I still have the old messed up visor so it won't hurt to try. Thanks.

Baking Soda. This is probably way too late for ya but same thing happened to me and baking soda took it right off. your gunna like the way it looks, i guarantee it.

Baking Soda. This is probably way too late for ya but same thing happened to me and baking soda took it right off. your gunna like the way it looks, i guarantee it.

Do you have a part time job at men's warehouse or something??

It isn't that hard to keep an Oakley in perfect condition. Simply use the AFR spray and keep it in a helmet bag when it is in your hockey bag.

Would my visor crystalize from sweat being on a towl that I may have wiped it with? I make sure to use only the AFR spray and this is exactly what happen to me. I just noticed this the other night when I took it out of the bag. It was crystalized in only small areas. Whats weird is that it has crystalized on the outside not the inside.

Just saw this. So are you saying that baking soda will rub/clean the crystaling of the visor off?

Would my visor crystalize from sweat being on a towl that I may have wiped it with? I make sure to use only the AFR spray and this is exactly what happen to me. I just noticed this the other night when I took it out of the bag. It was crystalized in only small areas. Whats weird is that it has crystalized on the outside not the inside.

Just saw this. So are you saying that baking soda will rub/clean the crystaling of the visor off?

Yes

OK. So you have your halfie with all the smudges , it looks like you smeared toothpaste on it 4 years ago and just left it there.

find a nice clean kitchen counter and dump out some baking soda (like a golf ball size amount). Then get a cup of warm water. Wet your finger with the water, then put your finger in the baking soda so it sticks to your finger. then rub your finger all over the affected area. Keep gathering more baking soda on your finger when needed and wet if it feels too dry. Definitely doesn't need to be too wet.

Takes 5 minutes. I was trying to be as literal as possible so no one would have questions but its really pretty easy.

OK. So you have your halfie with all the smudges , it looks like you smeared toothpaste on it 4 years ago and just left it there.

find a nice clean kitchen counter and dump out some baking soda (like a golf ball size amount). Then get a cup of warm water. Wet your finger with the water, then put your finger in the baking soda so it sticks to your finger. then rub your finger all over the affected area. Keep gathering more baking soda on your finger when needed and wet if it feels too dry. Definitely doesn't need to be too wet.

Takes 5 minutes. I was trying to be as literal as possible so no one would have questions but its really pretty easy.

I just gave it a try and it worked great!!! I dried it off and applied the AFR to it. Wiped it clean and so far so good. We'll see what happens when I get on the ice. Looks like baking soda has found another great use. Thanks for the advice and instructions.

Was thinking of trying this as well.

http://www.oakley.com/products/6730/25107

So much for that idea: Not compatible with snow goggles or anti-fog treated lenses.