Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Net graphic on pads

As a shooter I see how it could help during in-tight situations where you're battling for a puck and all you have time to do is catch a glimpse of mesh. The instant you see mesh you shoot at it, you don't have time to differentiate in that situation between mesh on the pads and mesh in the back of the net. I believe what the video says about it getting better with age as the mesh starts to look more like the back of the net is probably accurate.

I've seen and touched a set at Puckmasters in Wixom, MI. They are really cool. The design is no more off the wall than many of the other wilder custom designs, and the 3-D effect on the blocker is almost like a modern take on the old waffle board blocker.

As a shooter I see how it could help during in-tight situations where you're battling for a puck and all you have time to do is catch a glimpse of mesh. The instant you see mesh you shoot at it, you don't have time to differentiate in that situation between mesh on the pads and mesh in the back of the net. I believe what the video says about it getting better with age as the mesh starts to look more like the back of the net is probably accurate.

With the mesh being stuck to the pads I think one would notice rather quickly that these are the pads you are looking at and not the netting, even in a close battle. Keep in mind that during a close battle the goalie will more than likely still be in his crease and the crease is blue. That in itself should be a good giveaway that it's the pads you are seeing and not the back of the net.