Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Net graphic on pads

I read it this morning in the Globe, pretty interesting concept. I'd love to run into this kid around the rinks here, I'd be interested to see it in person. Looks like good work by Stomp as well.

Those are some of the coolest looking pads I've seen. He should add a thick white foam on the inside leg pads so when he butterflys it looks like the goal's apron :lol:. I'd love to get a look at these up close.

This is similiar to when Fleury changed to white pads last spring and everyone (in pittsburgh, at least) made a huge deal out of it. If the color or markings on the pads really makes a difference, wouldn't every goalie have white pads?

I've also heard the exact opposite argument: If goalies have brightly colored pads, a shooter's eye is unconciously drawn there, and they don't look as quickly at the open areas.

This is similiar to when Fleury changed to white pads last spring and everyone (in pittsburgh, at least) made a huge deal out of it. If the color or markings on the pads really makes a difference, wouldn't every goalie have white pads?

I've also heard the exact opposite argument: If goalies have brightly colored pads, a shooter's eye is unconciously drawn there, and they don't look as quickly at the open areas.

yes.

thoes are sweet.

i would love to see him put a horizontal red stripe on the toe so that when he goes into his bfly it looks like his pads have the posts covered and the shooter will shoot at him

i wish daydreaming in chem got me something other than a D

interesting idea. wonder if he gets any funky bounces off them if the puck hits them just right. would love to see them in person

Fleury adhered to the latter school of thought when he came in the league and some attributed his numbers improving when he switched to the white pads.

To the poster who plays on the same team...are the net graphics raised, as in are they the same feel of net twine? Or are they just thin stitching into the pads?

It's actual netting on the pads. Same stuff thats on the goal.