Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CSW1618

Eschelon Sports

How do people all of a sudden believe that Hyper, Kryptonics, BSB, etc. are new? Sure, the umbrella under which they operate is different (Eschelon Sports), but Hyper, Kryptonics and BSB are all companies that have been part of the Inline Hockey industry since the beginning. All of the companies involved are tried and true, and even though I haven't used the Eschelon Wheels yet, if they are anything like the Hypers or Kryptonics, I'm sure they'll be one of the top wheels on the market.

How do people all of a sudden believe that Hyper, Kryptonics, BSB, etc. are new? Sure, the umbrella under which they operate is different (Eschelon Sports), but Hyper, Kryptonics and BSB are all companies that have been part of the Inline Hockey industry since the beginning. All of the companies involved are tried and true, and even though I haven't used the Eschelon Wheels yet, if they are anything like the Hypers or Kryptonics, I'm sure they'll be one of the top wheels on the market.

One would think so, but where do they fall in comparison?

Hyper wheels are far and away steps ahead of kryptonics.....

I guess we'll just have to see what the price really comes down to. Rink Rats are still holding up, after a brutal 10 months. I'd say anything less than $5 a wheel is worthy of a shot, but any more, and I would probably stick with Hot Shots.

well said, I was going to say the same thing with regards to those companies being new. :huh:

I'd be interesting to see how and if they have refined any of their technologies as it's fair to say that Hyper and Kryptonics have been laying low in recent years.

I don't know if I would go that far. Personally, I like the Wicked and Mister Stickys better than I like the Hypers..

I will try and answer as much as I can guys, without breaking the rules....as far as Hyper, BSB and Kryptonics, yes, the brands have been around longer than most of you have been playing the game actually.....and were actually the pioneers in multi pour wheels and all the "new" technology that has been introduced in the last 7-10 years. The company that previously controlled these brands, and that were originally focused on them, grew too big, too fast and in the process Hyper and Kryptonics were put on the back burner, so Steve66, when you say "laying low", that is accurate. ATLStealth09 if you are getting 10 months out of a wheel and play regularly thats great, I wouldn't expect you to try anything new. Rink Rat makes a good wheel. Venom, Hyper being far and away ahead of Kryptonics, I don't think so, Kryptonics has just been in hybernation longer than Hyper thats all......and as far as the Eschelon wheels go, you will have to wait and see these things.....I am not going to try and sell you Venom, you know I am a hockey player like the rest of you, not a salesman.....not a bowler either! Sectachrome, the website guy is in the house today, he will get your comment and hopefully will be able to make the change....and fix the pricing! Thanks guys.

Shayne

I don't know if I would go that far. Personally, I like the Wicked and Mister Stickys better than I like the Hypers..

Moreso than the Trinity or Duality, on Sportcourt?

Maybe it's just because I'm a fatass (ok, by roller standards, 205), but I never was able to generate much speed on the Kryptonics, and I always felt they lost their edge sooner than other wheels, including Hypers.

Granted, my experience with them was shorter than most, as I've been on mostly RR, Revision and Labeda the past few years.

The stickies were as good as some of the hyper (coming from a 220lbs player), but you had to get the right duros for sure. I mixed the red and purple (i know, not very accurate) to get the best balance between speed and grip much like revision suggest now.

Shayne: Has Eschelon sports taken over or bought these brands from Bravocorp? Also do you know if Boyd is still involved at all?

Shayne,

Good to see you are still on-board with the company. I hate to say this because I was on Hyper and Kryptonics wheels 12-13 yrs ago when the Mister Sticky and Formula G's were pretty much it until Labeda introduced the original Gripper Snapper wheel, but I've been sorely disappointed in the last decade's worth of wheel Hyper/Krypto/Factory/etc have put out.

The Trinity wheel and Saturn wheel that came on the 08 Boss and 08 Assassin respectively really sucked and tread tore off the wheel in two games. Rink Rat and Revision have both hit hard in the last few years with solid products that haven't really changed much. Labeda wheels have been similarly disappointing (to the Hyper product, not RR or Revision)in the last few years, but they had also a home run in the Gripper Millenium which a lot of people still prefer. I understand Eschelon being a new brand to possibly get away from any pre-conceived notions of older brands, but what is setting the new wheels apart from the prior disappointments?

I don't want to put you in a position to be a salesman here and violate the TOS for product vendors on MSH, but I would like some sort of baseline info on the product that addresses what the real world changes are. What makes these wheels compete?

To put this in perspective, I'm not a pro, I don't get sponsered and I don't have the luxury of just pulling wheels out of a box and slapping them on my skates like said pros do. I'm probably a great fit for a PIHA Masters team in a couple years when I hit 30 (so I'm not a complete slouch at this game), but far from being a pro at the PIHA/AIHL level; I play twice a week, ref a time or two a week and want the best product I can buy that's going to hold up for a few months. I can get 3-4 months out of Rink Rats and 2-3 out of Revisions. Will Eschelon be a product in the vein of Rink Rat and Revision, or will I be looking at rebadged Trinities that left such a sour taste?

Otherwise, the sight looks good, like one would expect from a new company trying to get the word out. Nothing really out of the ordinary when compared to other sites from this industry.

Steve, Eschelon now has these brands yes, and Boyd hasn't been involved for a few years, the last I heard he is with Easton now as a pro services rep.

sdcopp, the last decade has been far from stellar for these brands, there is no question....when the brands are 1% of the big picture, zero development goes into them and wheels are changed by changing color and artwork, not technology.....there are a few others reasons for the demise as well but I would rather acknowledge and not air laundry if you know what I mean? As for the Eschelon branded wheels go.....there is nothing like this on the market, its never been done, the technology is a mixture of old and new. Will it be a rebadged trinity? No. Without breaking any rules here, I think this is as far as I can go....I am new here and don't want to have J.R. on my coat tails already!

well it's good to know they are not just re-badged. Looking forward to hearing from people who#ve tried them, and hopefully getting to try some myself when i can get my hands on some

Shayne its good to see you on here. I personally have been on the Orange stickys since narch. The performance of these wheels are easily one of my favroite wheels that I've used period. Wheels are about preference, even Shayne stated that. If you have the money or in need of new wheels, I would try them.. if not stick to what you like.

Bit of a side question, is the mister sticky a single pour wheel? I just havn't had a terrible amount of luck with duel pours, so next time I'm after some wheels I wouldn't mind trying to find some good single pours...

Steve, Eschelon now has these brands yes, and Boyd hasn't been involved for a few years, the last I heard he is with Easton now as a pro services rep.

sdcopp, the last decade has been far from stellar for these brands, there is no question....when the brands are 1% of the big picture, zero development goes into them and wheels are changed by changing color and artwork, not technology.....there are a few others reasons for the demise as well but I would rather acknowledge and not air laundry if you know what I mean? As for the Eschelon branded wheels go.....there is nothing like this on the market, its never been done, the technology is a mixture of old and new. Will it be a rebadged trinity? No. Without breaking any rules here, I think this is as far as I can go....I am new here and don't want to have J.R. on my coat tails already!

We have no problems with you answering direct questions, it's just shameless pitching of product that bothers us. Oh, and JR is the nice guy, I'm the ball buster. ;)

Bender, the Mister Stickies are single pour yes.

Hotsauce, the pants are not in stores yet, they are due to arrive in April.

thanks but there is no possible way some how a pair leaking to the east coast in new jersey? :P

Guys, Basically none of these wheels have been released yet. The syzygy wheel is a new wheel. I know the stickys are on some websites. The pants are awesome from what I've seen. Patience is a key virtue!!