Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

Any Skateboarders on here?

After taking a brief break from skateboarding, me and some buddies are trying to get back into it. anyways, i tried out my Mini-Logo in the garage, and my trucks and wheels seem to be fine, but the deck just felt off, it had no pop left, which i found strange since it was unused for about 18 months.

anyways. Im gonna get a new board, and have been leaning towards a Plan B since they seem to be a very solid Product.

What do you guys use, and any recomendations?

Dont ever buy a Plan B board. You will pretty much just waste your money, anything from Syndrome Distribution(Silver/Phantom trucks,Plan B, FKD Bearings) is a terrible product. Consolidated, AntiHero, Flip, Baker, Cliche, Blueprint, Zoo York, Chocolate/Girl, Toy Machine, Alien Workshop/Habitat are all good boards.

I initially wanted to buy a cliche, but they arent sold very much in Canada, which is the problem. might see if i can get a girl. which was also in my top 5 list.

Go with a real or a chocolate..you wont be disappointed

Chocolate and Girl are owned by the same company, and produce very VERY flat decks. Little to no concave on those. On the opposite end of the spectrum Alien Workshop and Habitat offer extremely concaved decks. The concave will serve you well in preserving pop and the strength of the board, while the flatter Girl/Chocolate decks were my favorite for flip tricks and control.

Flip used to have their WAVE board which was a bit gimmicky, but I always found their concavity to be a nice medium. Best of luck!

edit: Haha just found this on YouTube from about four or five years ago. Oh how the time flies.

haha nice. I hope that wasnt you bailing on the stair rail 5 or 6 times in a row :P

I saw a chocolate yesterday that i liked, 7.5 simple, looked alright. My friend just bought a Girl, Mike Carroll board, and i thought it was kinda heavy, matched with his Royal Trucks. If I go with a Chocolate, will it "Feel" heavy aswell? matched with Destructo trucks.

Not sureon your question as I haven't felt the set-ups lately, but if you're going for lightweight; Venture Lows. I'd place Royals/Independent at the heavy side of the spectrum.

sorry if my question didnt make sense, its alright. I think im gonna pick up the Chocolate board. thanks for the help guys.