Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Tattoo's

bump...

I just got my families crest on my chest and am thinking about skating on saturday, got the tat on sunday.

wise idea? its not important hockey, I dont want the colors or any aspect of the tat to get messed up

youll be fine, i had a game the night of me having a 6 hour session with my sleeve. all i did before hockey was shower, to get all the plasma and the extra ink out, apply lubiderm after drying off, allow the lubiderm to dry. then right before hockey i put a layer of a and d ointment on the entire area, and this was all elbow and down, covered by my elbow pad. it was very irritating to me, but did not harm my sleeve in any way.

youll be fine, i had a game the night of me having a 6 hour session with my sleeve. all i did before hockey was shower, to get all the plasma and the extra ink out, apply lubiderm after drying off, allow the lubiderm to dry. then right before hockey i put a layer of a and d ointment on the entire area, and this was all elbow and down, covered by my elbow pad. it was very irritating to me, but did not harm my sleeve in any way.

You got any updated pics of all your finished work?

I purposely got mine when I knew I'd have 10 days or so to heal. I think I may have played softball after eight days.

I can't imagine putting hockey gear over a fresh "injury" (which is essentially what a tattoo is).

But, if others say they've done it...I'm sure you'll be fine.

i just found my digital camera when i was at my parents house last week, ill have to get some pics. its almost done i only have about 2 hours left of just minor coloring.

both sleeves or just the one you had going?

just my right arm right now, i have so many ideas floating through my head for what i want to do next. but money is tight right now because of my work situation. im definatly getting a chest piece thats oldschool with a sacred heart in the middle, with 2 guns underneath it crossed with a banner roping through it reading "born to protect the ones that I love". and im also going to be sleeving out the other arm, i just havent finalized the design. im thinking a pirate theme, atleast for the bottom half.

just my right arm right now, i have so many ideas floating through my head for what i want to do next. but money is tight right now because of my work situation. im definatly getting a chest piece thats oldschool with a sacred heart in the middle, with 2 guns underneath it crossed with a banner roping through it reading "born to protect the ones that I love". and im also going to be sleeving out the other arm, i just havent finalized the design. im thinking a pirate theme, atleast for the bottom half.

Dude...Don't ever turn to a life of crime...with that much ink, you're screwed in a lineup. *L*

this goalie that played for my dad at one point had a tattoo around his upper bicep, just under his shoulder. it made like a bracelet sorta thing around his arm, and he got a flag of each country hes played hockey in, so he had a canadian flag, a swiss one, a german one, russian swedish etc...

really!!!? pirates... hmm.... whats that supposed to mean? im thinkin of getting a tongue ring and a rainbow tattooed over my beelly button. just to out gay that.

Hey guys,

I didn't want to start a whole new thread about tattoos for this, but i figured that i could get some great input from some people on here. But basically i'm going to be going in to get a tattoo soon. I have been doodling different ideas around, and have been having some trouble finalizing something. Basically what i want to incorporate is 3 different flags.. the Canadian, French and the Cape Breton Island flag.. my family heritage is French, and i'd like to show that i'm Canadian/Cape Bretoner ... Some of the ideas i've thrown around were with a Canadian Maple leaf, and the other flags mixed in somehow, but then i thought about doing just the flags. I thought about somehow linking the 3 flags together.. Some ideas have been to like use chain link and have the flags in the links.. but i have also though about having the 3 together, but the ends are tied together, so it'd be like ( = = = ) and have the ends tied together.. It'd be going down the back of my leg (calf).. What are some ideas you guys have? Think its stupid? Any ideas i could get from anyone would be awesome, positive or negative.

Thanks boys,

Mike

Go to a shop who you know uses the proper sterilization techniques and say, "Hey here is my basic idea for a tattoo, could you draw something up for me how you would interpret it?"

This will make the tattoo artist happy because they can use some artist license on it and you'll most likely get something cooler than you thought it could ever be.

If you have to ask people if they think your tattoo is stupid, I don't know if you should get it. Who gives two shits what other people think of your tattoo? You need to think it's awesome and be happy with it because it's on YOU for the rest of your life.