Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ivan

Sherbrook SBK

Scared me for a second, i thought sherwood was gone. I hope nobody ever buys this crap, it just looks like sherwood gear if it were to come from walmart.

Scared me for a second, i thought sherwood was gone. I hope nobody ever buys this crap, it just looks like sherwood gear if it were to come from walmart.

im not agree, is nothing to do with sherwood, you need to see the real product before, a lot better then sherwood

so exact same design as SWD, but with better stitching? maybe 12kkkkkkkkk weave?

When will these sticks be available retail?

is now available in US. www.southernsportssupply.com/,

ask to Chuck Thuss for more info

*cough* Sherwood *cough*

Seriously...what the heck is this? Some disgruntled Sherwood employees started up their own company?

pretty close. Here's their response from my email:

No we're not the new Sherwood co. We're 5 guys from that use to work there and started a new company call Sherbrook SBK Hockey Co. We are specialized in Europe for the moment and working to on North American for the next season. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Best regards

Sly

It's a little more complex than disgruntled employees. Mainly related to to the change in ownership of Sher-Wood to the best of my knowledge. Nice hard workig folks though at SBK. They get my respect for having the guts to try to break through to the market. It's a tough job taking into consideration the big guys that these days own most of the market. Finacial risks too left alone the currrent state of world's economy.

im agree

im not agree, is nothing to do with sherwood, you need to see the real product before, a lot better then sherwood

so exact same design as SWD, but with better stitching? maybe 12kkkkkkkkk weave?

something like that, but it works

I don't know about you, but I call'em chinesse copys. JohnB you should try to sell the sticks like: "you know your favorite NBH/Warrior/Easton/whatever stick that has that thing you don't like about it, well the SBK it's just like that, but without the thing you don't like"

I don't know about you, but I call'em chinesse copys. JohnB you should try to sell the sticks like: "you know your favorite NBH/Warrior/Easton/whatever stick that has that thing you don't like about it, well the SBK it's just like that, but without the thing you don't like"

C'mon now, you're assuming JohnB works for the company! He could just be a totally loyal customer that happened to join this site only to post in this thread and his grammar happens to sound similar to something out of, I don't know, somewhere in Europe?

Totally coincidental.

C'mon now, you're assuming JohnB works for the company! He could just be a totally loyal customer that happened to join this site only to post in this thread and his grammar happens to sound similar to something out of, I don't know, somewhere in Europe?

Totally coincidental.

I don't know about that, I'm from Europe, and not the UK, and I hope to God I don't sound like that :P

hmm... low post count, loyalty to a copy brand that just popped up out of nowhere, and poor grammar? sounds to me like ole JohnB wont be around here long unless he stops shamelessly hyping up SBK.

Just found out the company was started by a former part owner of SherWood. SBK was supposed to be a sister company of SherWood a number of years ago, but it did not work out that way.

Now he is getting back into it with SBK. he employs some of the people who designed some of the most popular SherWood products in the past.

Just found out the company was started by a former part owner of SherWood. SBK was supposed to be a sister company of SherWood a number of years ago, but it did not work out that way.

Now he is getting back into it with SBK. he employs some of the people who designed some of the most popular SherWood products in the past.

Is his name JohnB?

Is his name JohnB?

lol, no.

Well, I am all for it. Any company that has something good to contribute is a plus in my book. My concern is that this company doesn't really seem to be offering anything that doesn't already exist, and I think that will make it a tough sell. There has to be something to set you apart from the competition. This kind of strategy only really works when you can provide equal or very close to equal products for significantly less. Branding and marketing play a BIG role in hockey gear (just look at Mission which was, IMO, much better than they tended to get credit for).

If they can get good products out at good prices great. I can say right now though that they will have to be selling their stuff for less for a least a few years if not forever in order to build a good customer base.

Well, I am all for it. Any company that has something good to contribute is a plus in my book. My concern is that this company doesn't really seem to be offering anything that doesn't already exist, ...

Those two statements seem to be in conflict.

http://www.sbkhockey.com

These sticks are the best I've ever played with http://www.sbkhockey.com/STICK_DK21.html

And I own a bunch pro stock sticks, even a Warrior Spyne

These look like the new SWD RM19s that were to come out this year, just a different paint job and rebranding the name. I've heard they are even more blade heavy. Is that true? Where did you get these sticks?

Looks like you can get them in the States now http://www.southernsportssupply.com/catego...?categoryid=122

stick is boxy, heavy unbalanced and feels cheap. no interest when i touched it at Ochsner.

Which one? The DK21?

Still, Sherwood is one of my least favorite companies out there, they have no marketability, no pro's use them and since the decline of the wood stick I've been seeing there name out there less and less, its like they never made an honest attempt to make any real stand out gear either, they dont have a defined high end line and all there sticks feel the exact same pretty much, boxy blade heavy fiberglass rods with that same annoying grip and poor curve selection. I dont know why Sherbrook would want to not only copy them but make something that looks even worse and give it an awful naming selection. The website made me almost want to vomit.

Leafsrule16 there is pro's that still use sherwoods.

Mister Crosby uses Sherwood sticks repainted rbk's.

Mister Plekanec uses sticks and gloves and the list goes on it might not be your favorite but stop talking about stuff you hardly checked on

Mister Plekanec uses sticks and gloves and the list goes on it might not be your favorite but stop talking about stuff you hardly checked on

I used a rm19 for a month before it broke, the blue ones, i also had 9950 gloves awhile back and i wore 5030 elbow pads for a season, the white old school ones. I just never had a good experience with any of there newer stuff and it disappointed me. One of my first composite sticks was a sherwood eclipse and it was a bit heavy (now, then it was pretty light) but i loved it. I still have a few axiom blades around. I just find the quality has gone downhill since the days of the eclipse and anything ive worn from them was marginal at best, except there wood sticks which were and still are among the best.

Crosby uses an RBK shaft with a Sherwood blade. And I don't know about Plekanec, but two pros using their products out of over 700 NHL players isn't very large a number.

No pros can be taken to mean as almost no pros too, it's still a fair charge. After all, there are a couple of guys in winwell and Torpso gloves as well, but they're not really statistically significant.

Crosby uses an RBK shaft with a Sherwood blade. And I don't know about Plekanec, but two pros using their products out of over 700 NHL players isn't very large a number.

No pros can be taken to mean as almost no pros too, it's still a fair charge. After all, there are a couple of guys in winwell and Torpso gloves as well, but they're not really statistically significant.

Exactly which is why i was surprised to see someone flat out copy everything sherwood has.