Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBZIM31

Large Cages NCAA hockey

I was watching the NCAA hockey tournament last night between Vermont and Airforce and noticed some of the cages these guys were wearing were huge..On a lot of them the chin guard was a few inches below their chin and alot of them the cages would swing. Does anyone know what size cage these guys are wearing

No clue. But I'm really getting sick of seeing these kids in college get their faces cut up when their cages drill them in the face because they don't have a helmet/cage even close to fitted properly. Seriously.

That was a good game BTW. Weird ending but got the call right without a doubt.

The kid on Vermont obviously had a Large cage and probably a small or medium helmet. That cage was sagging a good 3 inches below his chin and if you saw the interview at the end of the game you would have seen that his chin was all cut up. I guess if you want style points you have to be willing to sacrifice your chin!!

The kid on Vermont obviously had a Large cage and probably a small or medium helmet. That cage was sagging a good 3 inches below his chin and if you saw the interview at the end of the game you would have seen that his chin was all cut up. I guess if you want style points you have to be willing to sacrifice your chin!!

That's true. Dirty Steez is nothing but sacrifice. Haha.

I think in some cases you weren't necessarily seeing a huge cage, but it was adjusted as loose as it can possible be, swinging out a good distance over the players' faces.

I dont see the point in this at all. It doesn't look good, it doesn't protect you. Is it just so you can say your tough? Cause it certainly doesn't look that way.

After wearing a cage from ages 4-17 and then a visor (DX100) for the last few months I will never be able to go back to a cage. Look's like I'm going to be "rockin the fishbowl" in college.

its cause a cage is annoying....

If you wear a cage low, you're still wearing a cage. Why not just tighten it up and live with it? It's not like you've worn a visor your whole minor hockey career, and were forced to wear cages in University.

most of these kids came out of junior programs where they wore visors so they have gone from visor to cage. It's a tough transition.

A loose cage is still more protective than a visor.

Plus, those chin cups are horrible for acne on the chin. A few cuts/scars on the chin is way better than a big red acne infected chin. And that's coming from a guy in his thirty's that should know better.

I have no problem with the way they where their cages but I still subscribe that we "over protect" and "over dress" our little ones in this game.

Play on!

Get a Nike or UA chin-up cover if you have acne issues. They're made for football but fit just fine over hockey chin-cups. Buy a few, rotate & wash regularly.

most of these kids came out of junior programs where they wore visors so they have gone from visor to cage. It's a tough transition.

Your joking with this comment right??

Plus, those chin cups are horrible for acne on the chin. A few cuts/scars on the chin is way better than a big red acne infected chin. And that's coming from a guy in his thirty's that should know better.

I have no problem with the way they where their cages but I still subscribe that we "over protect" and "over dress" our little ones in this game.

When it comes to the head there is no way you can "OVER" protect.

Natasha Richardson???? Need I say more?

I will bet you right now it will be one finger under chin straps of NHL players next year along with other things to make the concussion issue settle down.

As for the NCAA guys they are just stupid for wearing them like that never mind the chin problems its the jaw and concussion issues they will have to deal with later!

Yeah I have seen this and have no idea what the attraction is. Don't they talk about this on PHEW a lot?? I thought I saw them saying something about hanging the cage, unless that's something totally different.

To answer the original question, I have a medium 4500 and a large Jofa cage and I have the straps adjusted so that it swings a bit. I where my cage like that because it looks way better and its more comfortable. The only people who dont think it looks good are the true vision heros and the oakley/Itech combo wearers. There's only three ways to look good out there other than a visor. CCM/JOFA cages, Itech (only meant for certain people), and the bubble. 70% of hockey is how you look ;)

Your joking with this comment right??

When it comes to the head there is no way you can "OVER" protect.

Natasha Richardson???? Need I say more?

I will bet you right now it will be one finger under chin straps of NHL players next year along with other things to make the concussion issue settle down.

As for the NCAA guys they are just stupid for wearing them like that never mind the chin problems its the jaw and concussion issues they will have to deal with later!

A loose cage is 100 time more protective than a visor. Unless you rock Malkins window, a visor isn't doing much.

hahahhah dontdumpdangle that is true.... 70% of hockey is how you look....when i had to wear a cage in college i did that same thing 4500 with the large jofa cage

You guys do realize that this isn't PHEW, correct?

never mind the chin problems its the jaw and concussion issues they will have to deal with later!

But remember these guys are studs on campus and don't want anything interfering with their chance of nailing the puck bunny(ies) tonight.

But remember these guys are studs on campus and don't want anything interfering with their chance of nailing the puck bunny(ies) tonight.

Bingo!

IMO cages that are too big just look stupid, but cages that "hang" definitely look better than those that are cranked as tightly as possible