Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

New homes for AHL teams

That puts the league, technically, at 31 teams — 30 active for next season, plus a dormant franchise owned by NHL Edmonton. I thought they said they wouldn't consider expansion past 30?

From the Austin Business Journal:

The Texas Stars, the hockey team that will play in Cedar Park’s new arena, has been formally granted a limited membership by the American Hockey League.

The membership is contingent on the club completing the purchase of an AHL franchise within one year. The Texas Stars will be the primary development affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Dallas Stars, as the roster will be made up of Dallas’ top prospects and draft picks.

I look fwd to hitting some Phantoms games in Glens Falls as it adds another choice for games to attend in addition to Sabres and Americks..

Phantoms will play in Glen Falls for 3 years and then move to Allentown. They are waiting for a new building.

I know they wanted to get back into Hershey but the Caps re-upped for multiple years.

Phantoms will play in Glen Falls for 3 years and then move to Allentown. They are waiting for a new building.

Season tix. Hopefully!!!!

I know they wanted to get back into Hershey but the Caps re-upped for multiple years.

that's what I was worried about until I read the caps were staying for awhile.

I thought it was only a two or three year extension.

As much as I'd hate to see AHL hockey leave the Tsongas, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lowell Devils franchise wound up being bought. For some reason, folks in the Merrimack Valley just don't turn out.

I thought it was only a two or three year extension.

Just reread the article. Signed through 2010- optional extension for 2011.

Just read the governor refused to release funds for an arena in the area. Chances are getting slimmer by the day but the Brooks group insists they really want to bring the team here.