Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL '12

Didn't see this posted, thought it was funny.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/09/nhl-2010-review.html

The game includes an interesting new feature called "Ask Burkie". You can type in any hockey question, and a simulated Brian Burke will provide an answer. Unfortunately, due to an apparent programming error the screen lacks an "exit" button, and Burke just keeps talking and talking non-stop. Even removing the CD and unplugging the system doesn't help. I eventually had to burn my Xbox and bury the ashes in the backyard to get him to be quiet.

I tend to skip out on reading blogs, but I love Down Goes Brown.

Jarrick I feel like you just suck at the game and for some reason it's the producers fault haha. For the break out stop behind the net and when you come out hit the center. Then usually one of your wingers will be ahead of the guy covering him, hit him with a sauce pass ( which actually work this year) and your in. Does anyone know how to do a high flip/dump into the zone? When ever I use the dump (holding r1) it's too direct and the CPU always gets there. When they dump on me it's always high like last years flip dump.l

I don't think that's it, my guys all just stop skating as soon as they hit the red line. Especially if I'm playing center or D....win the draw back, and everyone clumps up. I know I've read it elsewhere too, that the computer doesn't like to lead the rush very often.

Try adjusting your strategy to aggressive or all out attack, as soon as you get possesion players usually fly the zone

Good point, I thought about that and forgot to try it. I also want to run the "tight point" defensive scheme as my wingers collapse lower than I want them too.

Also I've been running higher pressure on d as the CPU likes to work the outside alot. Diamond on pk andshooting is money on the pp, the back door guy is always open after you work it abit.

Kane's stick, gloves, and skates that you get from the preorder code can easily be unlocked in game. If you go to the Hockey Shop and scroll over the gloves/stick/skates it will tell you what you have to do to unlock them.

Where could i find the preorder code? I preordered the code but was not alerted.

Anyone totally butcher up a team in be a GM yet? I simulated most of the first season, played some of the playoffs to get the cup.. this is my team at the beginning of my second season:

Filatov - Backstrom - Kovalchuk

Abdelakder - Antropov - Svatos

Satan - Fleishmann - Laraque

Bouchard - Kozlov - Knuble

D -

Seabrook - green

Poti - Morrisonn

Babchuk - Bergeron

G - Nabokov, Varlamov, Neuvirth

I've got Steckel, Parros, and Sloan at hershey and Semin is injured :(

Actually thinking about trading semin to free some salary cap space and picking up Scott Niedermayer off of the free agency. Poti and Bergeron kind of disappoint me. I think i'll do fine without Semin

Anyone else feel that EA is totally out of whack with the player ratings? In particular the speed ratings? I had to manually change all of them to make it more realistic. <_<

Anyone else feel that EA is totally out of whack with the player ratings? In particular the speed ratings? I had to manually change all of them to make it more realistic. <_<

again.. EA doesn't do the ratings..

man this new passing system is frustrating...

I actually really like it because you can more accurately direct passes. With 09 I kept getting passes picked off because he would lead them too far ahead of the player.

My major complaint is the after whistle scrums......I'll be playing against two humans and they'll just be pummeling my players. I just sit there, they get no penalties and my teams gets a retaliatory. Happens over and over.

I wish you could put the unlock add ons on regular equipment. I want to rock regular gear with the upgrades.

anyone else getting rocked every single fight online?

Dodge left and right, just go back and forth with the left stick and up and down with the right. I'm winning about 80% now.

man this new passing system is frustrating...

I actually really like it because you can more accurately direct passes. With 09 I kept getting passes picked off because he would lead them too far ahead of the player.

+1, plus, no more "blind" passing. i could just pass in any general direction and it'd pretty much go perfectly tape to tape in 09. You could have someone cherry picking in the neutral zone and pass up from near the goal line like it was nothing in 09.

Also, in my Be-A-GM i ended up trading kovalchuck and someone else for datsyuk - and then backstrom and seabrook for malkin and gonchar or something like that. (Pittsburgh had malkin on the trading block.)

On the after the whistle scrum... i think they give you way too much time for that.

Yea Bettman sucks at player overalls honestly. Brad Richards 88 and Riberio and Morrow at 85. Really? Morrow is much better then Richards IMO.

I'd have to disagree, Richards is more SKILLED then Morrow, however Morrow is more effective. Morrow just isnt an 88 player, Richards isn't really either. I think hes more of an 86.

The preorder code came on a slip of paper kindo f like Microsoft points, then you enter it in on Xbox Live Marketplace

I never got it :S

They should make the after whistle scrums 3-5 seconds shorter. Also make it so you can skip the 3 stars and end game highlights. OTP games have to be around 10 minutes longer now than NHL09.