Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Thank you Modsquadhockey

question to the mod's, whats the guidlines on profanity? i have noticed it in many threads recently and wanted to know. i thought it was no profanity, but i must have been wrong. thanks

In my mind there is not a guidline to profanity. It is not encouraged but does occur from time to time.

I would rather not see it though I am guilty of it as well from time to time.

C'mon Ponty, quit being modest...you know you have a trucker-mouth! :P

Basically we've all spent time (probably too much time) in a hockey lockerroom where profanity occurs frequently, hopefully above the age of 13 or so. I liken this to most coaches' opinion on this matter. They'd rather you not use profanity but sometimes it helps express the specific emotion or point which you are trying to convey (kind of like learning what an adjective is in English class....). There's a time and a place and a situation for everything.

Hockeyshark. Since you are German, is English your second language? you have better grammer and spelling them I do!

Obviously.

I was thinking maybe he was German but lived in Canada or something and learned english, then moved back to Germany, therefore; it isnt obviouse. just as an example, have you never seen someone who was chinese, but spoke english first? I see them all the time. Why cant a German be like that? So you see, it isnt "obvious"

nice try though.

lets all remember that this is supposed to be a happy place...

anyway, hockeyshark, have you ever gone to wiesn in munchen? i just got back from a whirlwind tour of switzerland, liechtenstein (just a quick drive through), austria, and then oktoberfest in germany. it was a hell of a time.

if anyone ever has the chance to go to oktoberfest, do it. tons of hot german chicks and enough beer to kill everyone in sight. if you manage to retain any memories, they might last a lifetime.

...hope that the World will try to forgive them for the errors of their grandparents.

I just think bringing up a subject such as that, especially in a forum such as this, is just plain immature and ignorant, and I am not sure I will be able to forget something like that.

My we're showing our ignorance there. My Grandmother lost all seven of her brothers in the war and they were conscripted! Why should my family be asking for forgiveness from the world when all they did was fight or be killed by the Nazis! At the time just like in the US or Australia you supported King and/or country because thats just what people expected and did.

...That doesn't mean that Hockeyshark, or any of today's generation of Germans, should be blamed for the horrible things that their predecessors did. As I said, many of the Germans I have spoken with are ashamed of that part of their history. They are truely sorry for the things that their grandparents did. Calling Hockeyshark a "Nazi" would be like me calling any Englishman on the board a "Red-coat mongrel." It's rediculous, and totally uncalled for.

Hockeyshark. Since you are German, is English your second language? you have better grammer and spelling them I do!

Yes, I am purely German. English is my 3rd language (French being the 2nd). I learned all of my English at school, on the Internet and from reading English books (Grisham and stuff). Unfortunately, I have never had the chance to visit an English speaking country. So beware, my accent is no fun for the ears.

But I'll most likely go on a USA/Canada vacation trip next summer.

EDIT @ crosskore: It's "grammAr", not "grammEr" :P