Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Thank you Modsquadhockey

Since Dexy is on a suspension right now i am relaying a message for him:

Hey Modsquadhockey, I would like to thank you for all the help and the great information that you provided me for making a decision on which skates to get. I decided on these: G35s and I switched the holders colors just to go with the color scheme. Also, Kovalchuk71 is my friend and he is just posting this for me.

graf.JPG

Since Dexy is on a suspension right now i am relaying a message for him:

Hey Modsquadhockey, I would like to thank you for all the help and the great information that you provided me for making a decision on which skates to get. I decided on these: G35s and I switched the holders colors just to go with the color scheme. Also, Kovalchuk71 is my friend and he is just posting this for me.

http://www.pifiu.com/upload/uploads/102004/Dexy2Sexy's Graf G35s.JPG

Link doesn't work.

Hey Modsquadhockey, I would like to thank you for all the help and the great information that you provided me for making a decision on which skates to get.

:lol:

(I think what he means is: "I am really sorry about all the shitty things I said. To try to make up for my inexcusable behavior, I'll have my friend start yet ANOTHER post about Grafs and T'Blades and thank the members for putting up with the constant questions, each of which being asked in a brand new, yet completely related topic. I really hope that in showing a little bit of gratitude, I might be able to manipulate your opinon of me.")

....That's my take, anyway. He called another upstanding and valued member of this board a "Nazi," something that the German people I have spoken with are really trying to forget, and hope that the World will try to forgive them for the errors of their grandparents. I just think bringing up a subject such as that, especially in a forum such as this, is just plain immature and ignorant, and I am not sure I will be able to forget something like that.

Just to stop discussions about why Dexy got banned, here is what had happened:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?sh...indpost&p=59126

The mods have since had a discussion with him and as he showed signs of maturity and he seriously apologized for his behavior, we agreed to give him a second change. He'll again be a posting member in about 3 weeks, yet he knows he'll be on our radar.

...hope that the World will try to forgive them for the errors of their grandparents.

I just think bringing up a subject such as that, especially in a forum such as this, is just plain immature and ignorant, and I am not sure I will be able to forget something like that.

My we're showing our ignorance there. My Grandmother lost all seven of her brothers in the war and they were conscripted! Why should my family be asking for forgiveness from the world when all they did was fight or be killed by the Nazis! At the time just like in the US or Australia you supported King and/or country because thats just what people expected and did.

Aren't we blowing this just a little out of proportion seeing as he never said that HockeyShark was an anti-semite anyway. We all knew what he meant by "Nazi" as in facist. Like in Seinfeld, (a comedy written by a Jew) where they label the local Soup shop owner the "SoupNazi". Not killer of millions or lets bring up the past and rub it in people's faces.

Comparing a catastrohic event to a guy simply pointing out his view on another's attitude is abit overly presumbtious. BTW I do agree his commnts were abit insensitive, but surely the punishment was not befitting of the "crime"

People take things lighter than others and you have to try and respect that. Well some will, I'm going to goof at will and not worry.

Well, he didn't say "Hockeyshark is a soupnazi". I might have found that funny.

He said "Hockeyshark is a faggot...go fuck yourself damn nazi". Now where is the fun in that? He clearly associated my name with the Nazi regime that killed almost 5 million Jews and that caused a war that killed 42 million people overall. Maybe I am more sensitive to these things as I am German, but I clearly do not ask for forgivness for the acts of Nazi Germany and I sure do not want anybody to "forget" what had happend from 1931 to 1945.

Even if your interpretation of "Nazi" is "facist", well, we would have banned him even if he had written "Hockeyshark is a faggot...go fuck yourself damn facist".

And all this banning did not just happen because I am a German Mod (OMG, that sounds really bad, doesn't it? Sounds like "Forum Führer", eh?). We ban any member who insults other (non-mod and non-senior) members the way Dexy did.

Now please let's get back to the topic, which is Dexy's 143th thread about his Graf skates.

question to the mod's, whats the guidlines on profanity? i have noticed it in many threads recently and wanted to know. i thought it was no profanity, but i must have been wrong. thanks

"Hockeyshark is a faggot...go fuck yourself damn nazi".

Wow, I didn't realise he was being THAT profane. Point taken that he should have been booted for good. 143 posts about Graf skates? Man does he need to get a woman or some sort of job.

hattrick, I guess we have to admit that it's hard to draw a line where profanity begins. The important thing is that we make no difference between members, senior members and mods on this subject. Whenever we read an insult, we ususally delete it and warn the member (see the "warning-meter" on the left of your posts). The rest mostly depends on situations. When someone is treated like an idiot by some smart-ass, we might let it pass when he denfends himself with mild profanity. Sometimes, name-calling is not meant in a serious way, too. When I call someone who made a helluva deal a "lucky SOB" it obviously is not meant to offend him.

In general, the mods need to rely on the help of all members to keep the board clean. So whenever you see that someone crossed the line to profanity, let us know.

@ Aussie: I didn't count the threads (143 threads was meant as an exaggeration), but the whole conflict between the mods and Dexy was that he kept on making threads and polls about what skate he should get, which model with which holder, which skate offers this and that or no blabla. Shit really hit the fan when he made a poll about if he should bake his new skates or not... he answered his own question in his post and all the pros and cons of baking have been discussed a million times on this board. That's the background why we got unnerved.

Glad to the the pictures. I was loosing sleep and having problems at work beacuse I was so curious and concerned as to how "sexy" his skates would turn out. Now I can get on with my life. BTW, I think that they look silly. I can just hear Dexy in the corner- grinding for the puck: "Hey watch the skates man!, you might scratch them"

Will these cool looking skates make me score more goals?

He called another upstanding and valued member of this board a "Nazi," something that the German people I have spoken with are really trying to forget, and hope that the World will try to forgive them for the errors of their grandparents. I just think bringing up a subject such as that, especially in a forum such as this, is just plain immature and ignorant, and I am not sure I will be able to forget something like that.

I'm German, my Great Grandmother was born in Germany but my Grandfather served in the US army during the war ignoring Germany's call to all it's sons to help defend the fatherland.

No German I know wants the world to forget what the Nazi's did. If we do that, we allow the possibility of the same thing happening again.

Also, all Germans aren't asking for forgiveness from the world. Why would we? Just because a select portion of the country took on a political association that was linked to some of the worst crimes against humanity? Most Germans where not associated with the Nazis and actually wanted them out of power. Even most German solders where not affiliated with the Nazi party, they fought because it was their duty to their country even if they didn't believe in the cause. Ask most American solders that served in the European theatre, they will tell you that the German people as a whole were the kindest people that they came across during their occupation of many countries in Europe. The Nazis were a very small percentage of the country.

Sorry for the rant but I really hate when people refer to all German solders as Nazis and I really, really hate when people blame Hitler's crimes on all German people.

That being said, I can see why someone would take offense to being called that. And to throw that name around over something as trivial as a disagreement on a hockey board really shows immaturity.

And to throw that name around over something as trivial as a disagreement on a hockey board

On a related sidenote: I edited a post a couple of weeks ago when someone called Easton's marketing methods "Hitler style propaganda".

IMO Easton's marketing IS ridiculous, but to compare it to Hitler's progaganda machinery only shows that this person knows nothing about the Hitler regime. And especially when you know nothing about it, you'd better not make fun of it.

All most people know is Nazi = bad so they throw it out there when they can to get some added shock value. They never consider the whole picture and what an insult it is to the millions of poeple who lost their lives at the hands of these bastards.