Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

i always hear the announcers saying his glove is suspect - and now im starting to believe them

It's been like that since he entered the League. Sad thing is every team knows it too.

Yeah I think he's gonna do everything in his power to score tonight. That's if he plays more than like 8 minutes. I like the guy, but he just bring anything to the table in Montreal. I wish him luck in Minny though, I know it's probably brutal as a Quebecer playing for the habs.

Yeah I think he's gonna do everything in his power to score tonight. That's if he plays more than like 8 minutes. I like the guy, but he just bring anything to the table in Montreal. I wish him luck in Minny though, I know it's probably brutal as a Quebecer playing for the habs.

He's looked good since he's in Minny...Now, Minnesota is hardly a place where hockey goes unnoticed...but it can't be anything like Montreal. I was watching the Van/Ana game last night and since being dealt to Anaheim, Chipchura has said that he had a difficult time dealign with everything (expectations/media...etc) in Montreal. So, it's not just Quebecers that have issues.

Yeah i can believe that for sure...but it's always been a hard place to play for Quebecers. I mean, I've been a die hard Habs fan for all my life, but if I had to pick a place to play in the NHL, it would probably be somewhere like San Jose...no pressure at all, it's always nice out, you can go anywhere you want and no one notices you. I'd love to go play IN montreal...but not for the Habs. The media is just horrible in Montreal. You have a giveaway in your zone that leads to a goal for the other team and you're gonna hear about it for a week on tv and newspapers. It's just hockey! As much as I'm addicted to this team and this sport...it's just a game! I can forgive most mistakes...except for O'Byrne because he's just a horrible d-man haha

Nice transtiton last night.

During Warmup/pre game: Cheer the Habs wildly....some cheers for Lats...mostly boos.

During the game: Boo Lats.

End of the game: Boos the Habs off the ice.

See what they did there?

:(

haha yeah well...the only good news is that Markov is back for Saturday's game!! Finally! We just need Gionta back now

Nice transtiton last night.

During Warmup/pre game: Cheer the Habs wildly....some cheers for Lats...mostly boos.

During the game: Boo Lats.

End of the game: Boos the Habs off the ice.

See what they did there?

:(

That crowd could find something to boo in a 10-1 victory.

I'd much rather they boo anything and be into it than seeing those games in NJ and Atlanta and Florida. I loved Jay onrait on TSN last week when the highlights from an Atlanta game came on and he said: Tonight in Atltanta was "don't show up night".

Of course they're gonna boo Latendresse...everyone knows he was nervous as hell and it's an easy way to get into his head....he ended up with zero shots on net I think. They boo Ovechkin when he comes to montreal but it's not because they hate him, it's the crowd's way to get him annoyed...and he even says that it's his favorite place to play. The only ones that don't get it are the other team's fans I guess because those are the only ones i hear complaining all the time.

Wait... Was that a home game? <_<

They said there were only about 7,000 fans there on account of the billzard...but, there were almost 3,000 Habs fans. 20 buses of people down from various places in Quebec.

Markov with two goals last night.

He sure didn't look like a guy who missed 34 games. I'm hoping this is the corner...and they've turned it. Get Gionta back in there now...

Pleks and Andrei(s) are on FIREEEEEEEE

FTFY...Markov AND Kostitsyn look good right now.

Markov and Bergy for a full season on the PP and I have no doubt they could be #1 in the League again.

Yup, definately.

Since the Habs have the fewest PP's...or at least close to it, imagine if they'd have more...their PP is ridiculous. Pleks' vision out there is incredible.

Gainey better get off his ass and SIGN HIM right now...and Halak is playing really well also. Tough to trade him unless you're getting a top 6 in return. Might as well keep him.

Once Hamrlik, Mara and Gionta are back...tis is gonna be a tough team to play against. There's a lot of firepower.

Bah, yeah ok the goalies get 40+ shots each night but 95% of those shots are from the outside. Nothing in the slot. Would I like to see it cut down to half that amount? for sure...but those shots aren't dangerous at all. Teams are just trying to get the puck on the Habs goaltenders as much as they can

lets just say at the trade deadline

gainey gets the exact same offer for price or halak...

who do you keep?

you guys will probably slaughter me for this, but i keep halak and sign him to an extension and ship out price.

I would probably do the same thing. BUT...as long as Gainey's the GM, Price stays. They both have their flaws...but Price just scares me when he's in nets since last year. I think they should've kept him with the Bulldogs for a season before naming him #1. I will give him one thing though...in the shootouts, he's pretty much the best in the league.

I would probably do the same thing. BUT...as long as Gainey's the GM, Price stays. They both have their flaws...but Price just scares me when he's in nets since last year. I think they should've kept him with the Bulldogs for a season before naming him #1. I will give him one thing though...in the shootouts, he's pretty much the best in the league.

I don't necessarily have a rpblem with him being in the NHL so young...but being the #1 was too fast. They SHOULD have kept Huet for the remainder of that season...had him as #1....Price as the #2. Then...let Huet leave as an UFA (so they get nothing for him...big deal). Give price/Halak/Danis/Desjardins...however...the chance to win the spot in Camp the next year...rather than annointing Price in the role.

I still don't doubt that he can be a superstar goalie...look how long it took MA Fleury to reach his potential after being rushed into the NHL.

Although, a full year in hamilton could have won us back to back Calders...

Yup, I agree with you. I'm not saying he's not, or doesn't have the potential to be a great goalie...but the way gainey handled his case was pretty messed up. Right now, I just think Halak is better. He's a bit older though and wasn't rushed onto an NHL roster so that's what helped him.

I love Gainey as a player, I just think that it's time for him to leave his GM job.

i have to give that to hedburg in atl, have you seen his record?!? its like better than jussi jokinens lol but price ain't bad (in shootouts), he lets some soft ones in though