Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

2009-2010 Habs Thread

CKAC (French radio in Montreal) and TSN are reporting that BG has been in contact with Chris Chelios...and that Chelios is very interested in rejoining the Habs.

Wow, that would be something !

I don't like how Pierre McGuire addressed Habs fan specifically: "LOOK Canadian fans, LOOK! This is exactly what i'm talking about, Maxime Lapierre talks and [...]" Like we were ignorant or it was our fault.

CKAC (French radio in Montreal) and TSN are reporting that BG has been in contact with Chris Chelios...and that Chelios is very interested in rejoining the Habs.

I don't like how Pierre McGuire addressed Habs fan specifically: "LOOK Canadian fans, LOOK! This is exactly what i'm talking about, Maxime Lapierre talks and [...]" Like we were ignorant or it was our fault.

He may have addressed the Habs fans, but the message was towards everyone in Habs-dom. Lapierre is seen as a rat by many and the media and fans have been enablers for him, of course he's not that different than Avery or Burrows in that regard. Mcguire actually mentioned this very topic with the team 990 a few weeks ago, and how some one was going to cave his face in, as silly as it sounds he's trying to help Lapierre by calling him out like that.

He may have addressed the Habs fans, but the message was towards everyone in Habs-dom. Lapierre is seen as a rat by many and the media and fans have been enablers for him, of course he's not that different than Avery or Burrows in that regard. Mcguire actually mentioned this very topic with the team 990 a few weeks ago, and how some one was going to cave his face in, as silly as it sounds he's trying to help Lapierre by calling him out like that.

Pierre seems to really like Lappy. He's always been pretty complimentary of his effort/hustle. This is the first time I've really heard him be 'called out' for his yipping...so I agree that he is trying to help/warm him. I'm sure if he gets the chance to speak to him one-on-one (off camera) he will say all the same things.

Is someone^ still sour over last nights game? Seriously they've played what 15 games now? Lots of new players, new coach and lots of injuries, what exactly did you expect? They are doing OK, remember last season when they couldn't even win a game without Markov in the line-up?

1 regulation win 25 games?

Can you honestly say the organization has improved under Gainey?

I can't see the Habs being anything more then a first round playoff team for at least the next few years.

I don't remember saying anything about Gainey improving or not improving the team? My comment was made to your post because of what seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to a bad game. I agree the lack of regulation wins is concerning, but hind sight is 20/20 and its not like Montreal has every free agent knocking on the door either.

They've tried to take a new direction with this team (like it or not) and with the amount of injuries its hard to say its a failure yet. They've only had the full team on the ice for 2 periods this season?

Bell Centre faithful booing at the end of the 2nd. Score is 2-1 Carolina. Is it any wonder it's hard to lure FA's to Montreal.

WTH...2 or 3 weeks ago...this team was scoring like crazy, but couldn't keep it out of their net and Price looked washed up. Now, Price has found his game...they've buckled down defensively...allowing WAY too many shots but only 1 or 2 goals a night, but now they can't score to save their lives.

Bell Centre faithful booing at the end of the 2nd. Score is 2-1 Carolina. Is it any wonder it's hard to lure FA's to Montreal.

WTH...2 or 3 weeks ago...this team was scoring like crazy, but couldn't keep it out of their net and Price looked washed up. Now, Price has found his game...they've buckled down defensively...allowing WAY too many shots but only 1 or 2 goals a night, but now they can't score to save their lives.

It's very hard to be good at both ends of the ice. If you spend all your effort in the defensive end, you have nothing left when it's time to head to the other end.

It's very hard to be good at both ends of the ice. If you spend all your effort in the defensive end, you have nothing left when it's time to head to the other end.

I realize that..but holy shit. Feast or famine.

Price looked AWESOME in the SO tonight! Nice to see him getting his swag' back (is that how the kids say it?)

It's official, Gionta out with a broken foot...this is just getting ridiculous...and it has nothing to do with size or any other bullshit. All of the injuries so far this season have been things that any 6"4 player could have gotten. jesus christ.

It's official, Gionta out with a broken foot...this is just getting ridiculous...and it has nothing to do with size or any other bullshit. All of the injuries so far this season have been things that any 6"4 player could have gotten. jesus christ.

Hopefully this is a Kovulchuk type foot injury...what did he miss, just 3 weeks?

Yeah something like that. With the Habs luck though, it'll be worse. When you lose your top player (Markov) the first game of the season, you know it's going to be a longgggggggggggg year....and it has been so far. Not much Gainey can really do right now...who's he gonna trade? Can't trade Pleks, he's our best player and pretty much the only guy out there every night giving everything he's got. It's sad when you see a player like Latendresse on the godamn powerplay when he probably wouldn't even make any other team in the nhl. That's how bad it's gotten.

Yeah something like that. With the Habs luck though, it'll be worse. When you lose your top player (Markov) the first game of the season, you know it's going to be a longgggggggggggg year....and it has been so far. Not much Gainey can really do right now...who's he gonna trade? Can't trade Pleks, he's our best player and pretty much the only guy out there every night giving everything he's got. It's sad when you see a player like Latendresse on the godamn powerplay when he probably wouldn't even make any other team in the nhl. That's how bad it's gotten.

Don't even get me started on Lats...he should be in his first full year in the NHL....He should have been a Bulldog to start his Pro career.

Moen on the first line? Is Carbo still in charge?

I wish they'd call up Sergei or Desharnais or someone to get a chance in the top six.

yeah i hate to say it but I think Sergei should have his chance. Who the hell else? Just give him his chance and maybe he can gain a bit of value if they want to trade him. I hate what he did but at this point, they have no choice. Can't be worse than Chipchura, Stewart, D'agostini, etc

Moen on the first line? Is Carbo still in charge?

I wish they'd call up Sergei or Desharnais or someone to get a chance in the top six.

The difference is Carbo would have done Moen on the first line with a healthy lineup. At least Martin has been forced to try it by injury. Although, I thought Metro held his own on that line the other day.

I'd go:

Metro/Gomez/Cammy

AK46/Pleky/Patches

Lats/Lappy/Moen

Laraque/Chipper/White

sit: Pyatt

That lineup is ok but I'd still rather call up a Bulldog with at least some top six potential. And Laraque has no reason to be in the lineup at all. Against the Caps? he's going to look pretty funny.

Radio what Bulldog should be called up? Trotter, Sergei, Desharnais? etc

That lineup is ok but I'd still rather call up a Bulldog with at least some top six potential. And Laraque has no reason to be in the lineup at all. Against the Caps? he's going to look pretty funny.

Radio what Bulldog should be called up? Trotter, Sergei, Desharnais? etc

The SK74 factor is wild card in this...but if they want a potential skill top 6 player...I'd say Desharnais. Small though. 5'6'/165-170lbs. He could slide right a first line spot and wear Gionta's gear if necessary*L*

Ben Maxwell was called up last year...so he's seen the big time already. He's a Top 6 in the "A"...mostly like a 3rd/4th liner in the NHL. Trotter has been consistent this year...but again, his role in the AHL is probably not the same role he plays in the NHL...at least not right now.

As far as BGL...he's been off the ice for a while...a team like Washington is not likely to want/need to fight...so, they can let him get his legs...play 5-8 minutes...and get his game (as much game as he's got) back.

They traded Latendresse for Pouliot and called up Sergei Kostitsyn...

Pouliot was drafted 4th (right before Carey) in 2005. At the time...I was hoping he'd still be there at 5 for the Habs to pick. But, remembering how Price had played for Canada...I was happy with their pick at 5.

After seeing Lats play in the WJC I was psyched when they traded up to get him at 45. I didn't (and still don't) think he should have played in the NHL that soon though. A year (or 2) in Hamilton would have been good for him.

Now, looking back...I guess it all worked out. It's not often a team can end up with 2 Top Ten picks from the same draft.

SK74 getting called back up? I guess with Gomer out, they need offense from someone...Maybe just giving him one last chance to stop whining and produce, while at the same time trying to showcase him for a future trade.

Now, looking back...I guess it all worked out. It's not often a team can end up with 2 Top Ten picks from the same draft.

I know there was a team that had the #1 and #2 pick from the same draft, yet didn't pick either one.

/cue people scurrying to figure that one out so they can say they knew it.

I know there was a team that had the #1 and #2 pick from the same draft, yet didn't pick either one.

I can only assume the draft year makes it too obvious. Although, if the 2 played together and it wasn't for the teams that drafted either...that could still be a tricky piece of trivia.

I can only assume the draft year makes it too obvious. Although, if the 2 played together and it wasn't for the teams that drafted either...that could still be a tricky piece of trivia.

Pretty strong draft year, at least one guy with more than 300+ games from each of the first 8 rounds.