Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

Granted, but bear in mind that the Leafs are now roughly where Washington was four years ago - and the Leafs haven't had the benefit of first (Ovechkin) and fourth (Backstrom) overall picks, nor of being able to draft anyone as good as Semin 13th or Green 27th. Kadri is the first hint of any such talent; Stahlberg is great, but probably comparable to Brooks Laich in the final analysis.

All I can say is that I wish the Leafs had been thinner on the blueline and made a bigger play for Matt Gilroy. They'd be a much more dangerous team.

Granted, but bear in mind that the Leafs are now roughly where Washington was four years ago - and the Leafs haven't had the benefit of first (Ovechkin) and fourth (Backstrom) overall picks, nor of being able to draft anyone as good as Semin 13th or Green 27th.

Agree - but seeing the disparity, it makes the deal for Kessel look even more ridiculous. The Leafs badly needed to keep those picks, and continue a full rebuild.

Granted, but bear in mind that the Leafs are now roughly where Washington was four years ago - and the Leafs haven't had the benefit of first (Ovechkin) and fourth (Backstrom) overall picks, nor of being able to draft anyone as good as Semin 13th or Green 27th.

Agree - but seeing the disparity, it makes the deal for Kessel look even more ridiculous. The Leafs badly needed to keep those picks, and continue a full rebuild.

Thats what i said. Everyone was under the impression they were going to rebuild, and they're doing it half assed, much like their effort the other night.

My only question is this: would they have got a player of Kessel's calibre - let alone his offensive skillset - with any of those picks? I'm not sure.

Obviously they didn't think so or they wouldn't have made the deal. It will be interesting to see what the B's do with those picks. There was scuttlebutt in the area last week that they may use them to make a play for Kovalchuk. Not sure how much water that holds.

Obviously they didn't think so or they wouldn't have made the deal. It will be interesting to see what the B's do with those picks. There was scuttlebutt in the area last week that they may use them to make a play for Kovalchuk. Not sure how much water that holds.

They only have to clear a little over $6M to fit his contract under the cap.

poor toskala. i hope he can get his game back up. Toskala had a horrible defensive squad in front of him in the montreal and especially the caps game.

the monster shouldnt see too many shots against tonight. or at least have to put up with the the washington capitals revolving door of scoring lines.

that first goal was totally a high stick

Clearly. Leafs may not have played fantastic after the alfredsson goal but that was also stupid, Michalek was clearly diving as he was out a few shifts later, a small cut shouldn't stop you from taking a penalty shot. What he did was smart, however it was kinda greasy. Alfredsoon scored a nice goal but the high stick should have been waved off.

leafs had a bag skate apparently wednesday morning. Wilson was super pissed in his interview. its good that he isnt holding back with his criticism. that was game was sooo boring. almost like phoenix and pittsburgh game that was on earlier today.

hopefully he can get these guys skating and moving thier feet...and hitting...and scoring...and...and...PLAYING DEFENSE in front of Toskala.

ye that pitts-phx game was crap, thank god van beat the habs lol

i love how brian burke's sooo into the game compared to other gms, i love seeing that passion even if he's not playing

ye that pitts-phx game was crap, thank god van beat the habs lol

i love how brian burke's sooo into the game compared to other gms, i love seeing that passion even if he's not playing

if pittsburgh has anytime off between the phoenix game and us, and we are thier first game after the phoenix game, we are screwed.

i hope the leafs put in a better effort saturday night. even if we lose, which i hope we dont, if the effort is there, its a good sign.

Clearly. Leafs may not have played fantastic after the alfredsson goal but that was also stupid, Michalek was clearly diving as he was out a few shifts later, a small cut shouldn't stop you from taking a penalty shot. What he did was smart, however it was kinda greasy. Alfredsoon scored a nice goal but the high stick should have been waved off.

I didn't see the play but you should know that a player can't resume play while bleeding.

I didn't see the play but you should know that a player can't resume play while bleeding.

yea, It looked like Schenn got him pretty badly right in the chops.. as for the goal, I personally believe it was a high stick but it certainly was not as clear as you are suggesting. The video angles they had were far from being conclusive and thus they went with the call the ref made on the ice - i have no problem with that. What i will say was a crappy call was making the Michalek play a penalty shot. Schenn looked less than 2 strides behind him to me.

yea, It looked like Schenn got him pretty badly right in the chops.. as for the goal, I personally believe it was a high stick but it certainly was not as clear as you are suggesting. The video angles they had were far from being conclusive and thus they went with the call the ref made on the ice - i have no problem with that. What i will say was a crappy call was making the Michalek play a penalty shot. Schenn looked less than 2 strides behind him to me.

Well that's the problem.

Oh btw, the Monster seems to be a bit frail.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294195

anyone watch the game tonight?i stopped watching after 5-2 and opted to watch year one with my gf.

wow that was bad.

poor Toskala. you gotta feel for the guy.

the rangers spanked us real bad tonight. i dont know where to start...

ye i did...toskala's actually getting better just the Ds not helping him at all

And the D was the one thing that was supposed to be solid.

Do player's skill levels's drop when they but on the blue or something? The leafs are gonna be in the Taylor Hall lotto. guarenteed.

they would be if they didn't trade it for kessel..

Leafs have no talent and no draft picks left to speak of...brutal management.

So many people were touting this defence...they are awful.

The defense will be fine. Half of the defense on a given night are new to the team and the system. Its not a surprise that the best defensemen so far have been Kaberle, White, Finger and Schenn. Komi, Beauch and Exelby will all improve, and the unit will play better as a whole. Right now the new guys are trying to do far too much, and the forwards aren't helping out.

Right now the new guys are trying to do far too much, and the forwards aren't helping out

That's the problem when you overpay for FA's....they ty to play up to a contract they should have never gotten. I'm speaking mostly of Komi. He's NOT a $4+M D-man...