Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

th6252

'09 TPS R8 shafts?

saw that there was no feedback left in the reviews forum so i thought i'd ask here.

anyone know how these play flex-wise in comparison to other shafts(tapered and/or standard R8). particularly in comparison to the dolo (for taper) and the one95 (for standard).

looking to see if these play a bit flexier or stiffer in comparable flexes...mainly looking into the whip flex models. any feedback is appreciated.

saw that there was no feedback left in the reviews forum so i thought i'd ask here.

anyone know how these play flex-wise in comparison to other shafts(tapered and/or standard R8). particularly in comparison to the dolo (for taper) and the one95 (for standard).

looking to see if these play a bit flexier or stiffer in comparable flexes...mainly looking into the whip flex models. any feedback is appreciated.

I just started using one and I would say the whip flex is similar to my NB One90 77 flex. The TPS shaft is cut about 1 inch shorter though.

I'm using the standard shaft currently and have ordered a tapered pro-feel shaft. When I get more playing time with both shafts I will post a review. I'm a huge fan of the pro-feel shaft. The shaft is rounded and concave, so it's great for people with smaller hands.

I just started using one and I would say the whip flex is similar to my NB One90 77 flex. The TPS shaft is cut about 1 inch shorter though.

I'm using the standard shaft currently and have ordered a tapered pro-feel shaft. When I get more playing time with both shafts I will post a review. I'm a huge fan of the pro-feel shaft. The shaft is rounded and concave, so it's great for people with smaller hands.

thanks for the info. please keep me updated if you don't mind. btw, do you have any experience with the r8 ops also? any feedback on a flex comparison between that and the 2-piece? thanks again.

I have a OPS TPS R8 whip - Frolov curve.

The flex is identical to my One90 77 flex. This shaft is also the pro-feel, which I absolutly love. It is definitly a litllte blade heavy, but I think Frolov blade has something to do with that. It has great puck feel and what I like best about it, is that it is great for wristers and slap shots. So far it's been very derable as well.

I'm a huge TPS honk, and generally prefer them to any stick on the market. The R8 has been my twig of choice for quite some time, and I still have no idea why they werent/arent more popular.

The whip flex is listed at 70, and it doesn't disappoint. IMO, it plays like a true 70 (at full length). I have a Pavel Rosa pro stock R8 that is whip flex and it loads like a slingshot. I think they have done away with their SW (strong whip) flex.

TPS 'Regular' flex is listed at 95, and their 'Stiff' flex is close to 110. They also feature an 'X' flex rating for extra stiff, which basically feels like playing with a piece of re-bar.

I know Chadd also digs TPS stuff so he could probably weigh in on the topic too.

I'm a huge TPS honk, and generally prefer them to any stick on the market. The R8 has been my twig of choice for quite some time, and I still have no idea why they werent/arent more popular.

The whip flex is listed at 70, and it doesn't disappoint. IMO, it plays like a true 70 (at full length). I have a Pavel Rosa pro stock R8 that is whip flex and it loads like a slingshot. I think they have done away with their SW (strong whip) flex.

TPS 'Regular' flex is listed at 95, and their 'Stiff' flex is close to 110. They also feature an 'X' flex rating for extra stiff, which basically feels like playing with a piece of re-bar.

I know Chadd also digs TPS stuff so he could probably weigh in on the topic too.

I've actually seen XX and XXX-stiff pro stocks, they're just absurdly stiff. As for the comparison, it's impossible to say exactly. A Vapor OPS doesn't feel anything like a Supreme OPS in the same flex. I found TPS sticks to be fairly consistent and the R was generally in the range of what I would expect from a 90-95 flex stick. I tried the first generation R8 shaft, from the response lite OPS, and I thought it was a dud in comparison to the XN10. I did not try the new version R8 or R10, but the one R9 they sent me blew my xn10s out of the water.

...and of course they have a (pro stock) SW flex option as well.

I had both R8 and a R10 OPS, among my XN10s and redlites. The R10 was definitely different than the R8 in flex terms, I should have gone up in flex. I also felt the R8 was a "dud" or "dead" feeling compared to the XN10s. Something about it felt like it was far past the break-in period.

If a whip flex feels like a 77, I'd kill to shoot with a SW.

Well not being sure whether you're looking for stiffer or whippier...

Strong Whip fills the void between the whip and regular flex. SW is about an 85 flex.

Well not being sure whether you're looking for stiffer or whippier...

Strong Whip fills the void between the whip and regular flex. SW is about an 85 flex.

Oh, I was hoping it would be "Super Whip" and more along the lines of an Int stick. Oh well.