Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gefiltefish

P106 Gagne vs. Lidstrom/Getzlaf

I am currently using a Lidstrom/Getzlaf style curve (Warrior Jovanovski actually, '08 Dolo) but am considering switching to a NB One85 and was comparing curves.

I bought a couple of pro-stock One95's off of eBay with a P02 style curve but don't prefer the grip and flex.

Therefore, I was considering switching to the P106 curve. It appears to have similar curve (moderate depth, heel curve) compared to the Lidstrom/Getzlaf but with the round toe. The only thing that worries me about the P106 is the blade length. I prefer the long blade and the P106 is listed as a medium length.

Therefore... has anyone made this transition before? Either Lids/Getz to P106 or vice versa.

The P106 might be a bit shorter but I don't think enough that you will notice it. The big differences are in the Easton has a square toe and the blade is more open in my opinion.

i thought P106 was more like warrior weight/vanek?

That would be P89

P106 is somewhere between a Drury and a Sakic.

If the blade length and rounded toe don't screw you up, trust me, the lie will. Lidstrom blade lies flat on the ice, P106 won't. I'll reiterate my pet peeve with Bauer OPS : they won't offer in North America the Lidstrom curve and yet they want to be #1 in OPS. That just doesn't add up when you're competition is Easton and Warrior. Hey, Baker, are you reading this?! See you next week to remind you.

I've been using the P89 and the P106 and love them both. But to answer your question regarding the length of the blade, it is longer than my P89, Easton Ignila & Heatley, TPS Nash and shorter then my Sakik and TPS Frolov. So it's definitly a medium blade.

Have you thought about either using the P91 blade, or getting a Bauer Custom.

Blade Patterns

P91

mid heel

open

round

long

http://www.sportsgiant-dev.com/universalim...e-chart-800.gif

If the blade length and rounded toe don't screw you up, trust me, the lie will. Lidstrom blade lies flat on the ice, P106 won't. I'll reiterate my pet peeve with Bauer OPS : they won't offer in North America the Lidstrom curve and yet they want to be #1 in OPS. That just doesn't add up when you're competition is Easton and Warrior. Hey, Baker, are you reading this?! See you next week to remind you.

Not enough blades with flat bottoms out there.

As if puck handling isn't crazy enough for little kids, let's give them curves on the bottom of their blades as well. All wood sticks I grew up with had flat bottom blades. This rocker bottom blade is the result of composite blades dominating the market. I know we are never going back but it still is booshit hockey, IMHO.

I almost grabbed the P106 on my XXXX, but opted for the P91A. I have always been a fan of the Drury pattern, and to me the Lidstrom/Gagne looked "long" compared to the Drury. Plus, the Lidstrom, to me anyways, seemed maybe too open....? Not sure right now, would have to see them side by side, but regardless.... something didn't look right for me. And I'm the type to spend a good hour just looking for "the right one".

I too echo the sentiments about the increasingly lack of flat bottom blades, especially for the kids. It almost feels like to cradle the puck fully, you have to have your hands way in front/ahead of the puck to let the entire blade sit flat.

I've been using the P89 and the P106 and love them both. But to answer your question regarding the length of the blade, it is longer than my P89, Easton Ignila & Heatley, TPS Nash and shorter then my Sakik and TPS Frolov. So it's definitly a medium blade.

Have you thought about either using the P91 blade, or getting a Bauer Custom.

Blade Patterns

P91

mid heel

open

round

long

http://www.sportsgiant-dev.com/universalim...e-chart-800.gif

Looks like the 5 lie P92 will be available soon enough.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I am going to give the P106 a try. Seems like a somwhat popular curve, so I can always resell it if it does not work out.

The P91A curve was my choice for a while, but the straight(ish) curve was not to my liking. Plus, I want to go to a lie 5 rather than a lie 6.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think I am going to give the P106 a try. Seems like a somwhat popular curve, so I can always resell it if it does not work out.

The P91A curve was my choice for a while, but the straight(ish) curve was not to my liking. Plus, I want to go to a lie 5 rather than a lie 6.

let me know how it works out for you, im in the same boat...have been using P91 (Drury) for a while now and want to change it up for something similar, but with a little less openness and a little more curve (which is why i had warrior vanek/weight in mind), to make it just a little easier to stick handle.

I started with a p106 and switched pretty regularly between that and a drury for about the last year. I felt more control with the p106 especially backhands, but can adjust between the 2 pretty easily now. Just felt to me like the drury has a bit more wedge than the p106.

I think Chadd is spot on with it being between the sakic and drury.

Has the Jovanoski curved changed between '08 and '09? I have an AK27 Jovo-Cop blade that's an open heel curve. Pretty different from the pictures of the Easton Lidstrom on the internet, and from my P106 too.

Pretty sure the P91A is a 5.5 lie, same as the Easton Drury. At least, when I compared a One95 to an SE16, the blades were identical in curve and lie. I find Bauer screwy with their lies...I found the P106 a 5 even though it's listed as 6, and the P91A a 5.5 even though it's listed as 6 as well.

Two kind-of-off-topic questions though... 1) Are there any retail Drury clones that are a 6 lie as opposed to 5.5? I get by right now, but have to use an inch or two plug more than what I would like to compensate for the difference. 2) What is the difference between the two P91's that are offered on the Bauer ID program? Lie? Curve? Loft?