Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jazz4all

[ASK] what brand that would likely fit me?

Guys, i got some pics of my feet. It's arch is low/ flat... Got a wide forefoot... Currently on one75..but its not wide enough and the arch is still too high. And i think i need a skates with the lowest arch possible... So i need your opinion about what brand that might be good for me... My choices are easton, Rbk, and flexlite.. Im going to order it via online because there's no LHS in Indonesia.. (all indonesian's hockey players always buying skates via online.. Can't try much..)

5ddcb7367c.jpg

34336809a2.jpg

c0eaee22ab.jpg

c6a8f57b27.jpg

one more problem is, as you see my forefoot through the mid part is wide..

i have the same problem as you. i stupidly bought one75's instead of graf g9's or flexlites. anything in the 9 series of graf or flexlites should work very well for you

I have the same issue with no arch and super wide feet. I use to use to use a pair of eastons and just got like two sizes too big to kind of make up for the wideness. ATM I use a p air of Bauer X40s size 7 EE. They are working out pretty well so far. Only thing I have to complain about is I guess my right foot is wider then my left so its taking a little bit long to work the skate in.

Try blue superfeet insoles or another brand low arch insole like this:

http://www.flatfoot.com/TheSolution.htm

Not recomending that particular insole, maybe someone that has tried a few will chime in with a recomended brand.

If your foot has little arch and the skates insole is too raised it only makes sense that will become a 'pressure point', too much of your weight/force is focused on the arch instead of being evenly distributed throughout the foot.

I have the same issue with no arch and super wide feet. I use to use to use a pair of eastons and just got like two sizes too big to kind of make up for the wideness. ATM I use a p air of Bauer X40s size 7 EE. They are working out pretty well so far. Only thing I have to complain about is I guess my right foot is wider then my left so its taking a little bit long to work the skate in.

Are you sure about using vapor? i've tried my friend's X60 (8EE) and it gives me tremendous pain..the arch is too high..even my one75 is much much lower...im not sure if its about changing footbed..because i had my own custom footbed..but still my problem with bauer is, both width and arch...i heard flexlite D width is more wider than any bauer lines..So, im not sure about its arch..TT maybe easton should be good?

I would say RBK would be a good fit for you. Not only do you have a wider forefoot, you've got a wider heel as well. Eastons would be a no go, they have pretty narrow heels. Flexlites I'm not sure on, they're deep and wide, but I have no clue about the heel. I suspect it's wide as well though.

I have flipper like feet like you do. I have a pair of RBK 9k's and they fit great.

that would equals to flat arch? my size one supreme is 8EE..i tried my friend 7k but its size 9E.. its kinda hurts on the arch..i dunno if its because the skates is too large..

I have flipper like feet like you do. I have a pair of RBK 9k's and they fit great.

that would equals to flat arch? my size one supreme is 8EE..i tried my friend 7k but its size 9E.. its kinda hurts on the arch..i dunno if its because the skates is too large..

My previous skates were Nike Quest 1's 9EE. My RBKs are 9.5 D/A with a small bake-age to it. Once I get my camera charged I'll take a picture of my feet.

My previous skates were Nike Quest 1's 9EE. My RBKs are 9.5 D/A with a small bake-age to it. Once I get my camera charged I'll take a picture of my feet.

hv you taken some pics of yours? however my heel sit well on one75..i wonder if Rbk's heel is roomy..

Left Foot:

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

Right Foot:

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

Is your arch on the right foot is higher? Looks like im gonna buy Rbk's you suggest. However, E on Rbk is wider than EE one bauer right?

Are you sure about using vapor? i've tried my friend's X60 (8EE) and it gives me tremendous pain..the arch is too high..even my one75 is much much lower...im not sure if its about changing footbed..because i had my own custom footbed..but still my problem with bauer is, both width and arch...i heard flexlite D width is more wider than any bauer lines..So, im not sure about its arch..TT maybe easton should be good?

Wow I'm in the same boat and I swear I have the same exact pair of feet's as you. I recently just got a pair of vapor x:50's EE and for a fact that its working out pretty nice haven't been on the ice yet. You can always stretch it or punch out the skate to make it wider.

Wow I'm in the same boat and I swear I have the same exact pair of feet's as you. I recently just got a pair of vapor x:50's EE and for a fact that its working out pretty nice haven't been on the ice yet. You can always stretch it or punch out the skate to make it wider.

If you haven't been on the ice, I wouldn't say it's working yet. Many people think skates fit when they try them on in the shop only to discover they're awful on ice. And the issue for a lot of those people is the arch.

And the idea here is to get a skate that will fit well right off the bat- not one that will require a lot of stretching and punching.

I really don't think vapors are a good idea. Especally if they hurt when he tried them on.

i've tried X60 on ice...not good...even when off ice...i can feel the arch is too high...well, i tried a couple laps and it hurts me soooo much T.T

i wonder if arch in Rbk is really low to fit my arch...if its same like Vapor lines, then it wont worked for me...

The RBK skates fit great for me. I have to use the pump though cause my ankle is skinny though.

do you hv any problems with your 9k before? maybe its footbed? by looking at your pics, im pretty sure that Rbk got a very very low arch..Am i right? Im still waiting any response from flexlite user... About easton, im afraid of its durability issue..

The RBK skates fit great for me. I have to use the pump though cause my ankle is skinny though.

do you hv any problems with your 9k before? maybe its footbed? by looking at your pics, im pretty sure that Rbk got a very very low arch..Am i right? Im still waiting any response from flexlite user... About easton, im afraid of its durability issue..

Durability has really improved in recent years, but I still think your heel is going to be too big to fit properly in them. And even with the durability issues, a little glue takes care of it. The big thing was the 'leather' separating from the composite boot- a good industrial glue takes care of that.

Durability has really improved in recent years, but I still think your heel is going to be too big to fit properly in them. And even with the durability issues, a little glue takes care of it. The big thing was the 'leather' separating from the composite boot- a good industrial glue takes care of that.

yeah you are right..when i tried SE10 yesterday, arch is awesome for very flat arch but the heel is a bit too tight... However, hv you ever compare easton with Rbk? especially its arch? No one had Rbk in my size..which is suppossed to be 7.5E..

any easton users? or Rbk?

I have 5K's with Superfeet converted for roller. The arch on them is fine for me, and my foot is pretty flat. My only problem is the heel width. I got them because I have a wide-ish forefoot but my heels are normal width. It seems like I have to pump it endlessly to get a good fit.

Flexlites fit me perfectly width wise. I can't comment on the arch because I use Superfeet in them too, but like I said, my podiatrist told me I have a pretty flat foot sooo..!

The arch on the RBKs is pretty flat and I haven't had any problems. I had to go up 1/2 size for my skates though.

Nike Quest 1: 9EE

RBK 9k: 9.5 D/A

hmm... i once wear a vapor xxx in 8.5EE and i tried my friend's 4k in 8E ..... its length is pretty much same... now im using 8EE one75, so i think 7.5E in Rbk would fit me..am i right? correct me if im wrong...