Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

taking xn10 blade out

anyone have any special tips for this? How did you do it? I broke my blade and want to take it out. the epoxy is a B***h......help...How long did u heat it...what else did ya do?

I decided not to heat the two of mine to the point that the blade would come out, due to fear of damaging the shaft. Cutting at the fuse point and chiseling the hosel out takes much longer, but is much safer for the shaft, IMO.

Two Words, oh annoying one: Heat Gun. Mine cost 19.99 USD from Home Depot. So fo you Canadiens it probably will cost 59.99 Canadien... of wait, it's not hockey equipment made by Easton :P Put a piece of cardboard around the taper, put it in a vice or a clamp; heat with the gun for 45 seconds, and pull. It is really f'ing easy.

Oh really...then why have I been doing that for the past 25 min and nothings happened? I have a heat gun, and wouldnt a piece of carboard catch fire? Its not really f'ing easy......i even have a metal rod stuck in it from trying to jam it out.......so u tell me what the hell you did....how long did u heat it?

I've found not all sticks are the same. sometimes you just can't get them out. I know I had alot of problems with my M-1 and I could not heat it to remove the blade. When I removed my XX blades I cut into the shaft around the fuse point, heated the area and pulled. It took a long time, and I had alot more difficulty with the only blade than another, so it varied among sticks within the company.

oh my God, I wish killing BinLaden were as easy as pulling a broken blade out of an XN10... but anyway.... explaining it to a Kovalchuk wanna-be is obviously no where near as easy. Dude, put the cardboard around the bottom of the sahft, wherever you are clamping it as not to damage the shaft! Clamp the shaft well with a vice or c-clamp against a table. Then put the heat gun on high and aim it at all four walls of the shaft two and one half inches above the blade, alternating all four sides every fifteen to twenty seconds for a total of sixty seconds, sometimes a bit more. Then clench your grubby little paws around the blade and PULL! Voila! :blink:

As opposed to a Modano wannabe?  Right.

Thanks, tips, but it's not actually my team. I'll keep that in mind though.

Just observing your signature, Mack.

And yah, having not won a World Series since 1916, and having traded the Babe to the Yankees and them (the Yankees) having won 26 World Series since, yeah... you could say there is something to that...

Ok modo....it must be easier to kill Bin Laden because you dont know really what the f**k your talking about....Your "technique" obviously has some flaws.....

And yah, having not won a World Series since 1916, and having traded the Babe to the Yankees and them (the Yankees) having won 26 World Series since, yeah... you could say there is something to that...

I bet you have some circa-'86 Mets hats around your place too, but that's all right. I'll let the Yankees keep on winning so long as their other sport teams stay in the crapper.

I bet you have some circa-'86 Mets hats around your place too, but that's all right.

For some strange reason I am doubting he was actually alive during the '86 Series. Hell, I wasn't.

Two Words, oh annoying one: Heat Gun. Mine cost 19.99 USD from Home Depot. So fo you Canadiens it probably will cost 59.99 Canadien... of wait, it's not hockey equipment made by Easton :P Put a piece of cardboard around the taper, put it in a vice or a clamp; heat with the gun for 45 seconds, and pull. It is really f'ing easy.

lollll nice one....i'm form canada but still a funny one loll :lol:

1918 was the last time the Sox won it all.

And if you were wondering Rich Gedman lost the game IMO not Buckner who was actually a great player.

Yes I was alive.

Buckner had chronic ankle problems for at least two years prior. Dave Stapleton should have been in at the time but I digress ...

Actually Bob Stanley was the one who threw the wild pitch which scored Mitchell to tie, then Mookie hit it past Buckner.

I hate the Mets, but I hate the Sox more...much more...

Stanley threw the wild pitch but Gedman, the catcher, did not stop a very stopable ball. Plenty of blame to go around for everyone. Schiraldi actually had the makings of a great pitcher till this mess screwed him over. Coming out of college he had more upside then Clemens.

Schiraldi was the pitcher in the game that caused most of the damage. Roger was in the dugout crying over a blister and refused to go in the game - this was the report.

Point is the game was tied and the moe was very gone from the Sox when Buckners fate occured.

As far as JRs major flaw in the team he likes ... well I gotta keep it clean. ;)