Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAmmon

Best place to buy skates in Pittsburgh

Title says it all. I did a search and didn't find anything mentioning inline skates. PIAS in Greensburg had only carried ccm v08s and mission boss blacks last I was there. I was hoping for a little more selection to make sure I get the best fit. I would prefer a store that has people who will actually work with me on finding a skate. Any help would be appreciated.

As far as selection goes. The Bridgeville Rollerplex proshop has a pretty awesome selection of both Mission & Tour skates. Probably the best inline suited shop in the area.

I haven't been to Perani's lately, but usually that place sucks unless you want to buy a pen's jersey. I don't think they carry ccm or tour inline skates.

Ko sports in Cannonsburg has a good selection, plus the people working their actually know how to fit skates, and will bust their butt to make sure you're fitted right..

KO Sports in Canonsburg.
I haven't been to Perani's lately, but usually that place sucks unless you want to buy a pen's jersey. I don't think they carry ccm or tour inline skates.

Ko sports in Cannonsburg has a good selection, plus the people working their actually know how to fit skates, and will bust their butt to make sure you're fitted right..

hands down. ko sports. people who actually know what there selling.

KO Sports in Canonsburg.

hands down. ko sports. people who actually know what there selling.

I had a very bad experience with them, found them to be untrustworthy.

I think Peranis probably has the best selection of inline skates.

Hopefully you know how to fit yourself because they sure as hell don't. I've had people try and tip me for correcting a very bad salesmen who was trying to push their kid into more expensive skates in the wrong size.

I ended up going to Kosports, Perani's and PIAS. The guy at Ko sports actually commented that I 'must have a lot of time on my hands.' God forbid I want my skates to fit properly. It's a shame too because they had a pretty good selection of sticks. Perani's was also not much help. I ended up not buying anything as most of the stores had nothing for me to try on. I am hoping I have more luck next month as all the new inlines will be out and hopefully people will have stock. Chadd this may be a bit extreme, but if you still own a shop I may be willing to drive out to Harrisburg for a proper fit.

Hockey Shops in Pittsburgh pretty much suck for Inline, especially for skates.

Your best bet is to buy online. It will be cheaper and less stressful. Plus, you'll have a much larger selection at your disposal. If you don't like how they fit, just send them back.