Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accord

What kind of laces do you use?

What type of laces do you use?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Waxed, but only Graf makes a decent wax lace anymore. A&R and Pro Guard both are garbage anymore from what I've seen.

Do wax laces prevent the laces from coming loose during play? Do you think that they make a big difference?

They slip less for me. I also backlace my skates, that's putting the laces from the outside-in through the eyelets for those that don't know.

The main advantage of waxed laces is that they do not soak up water that much and thus they do not strech. Reg laces strech during play because they get wet.

Other than the dryness factor, I do not think waxed laces have any advantage over the regs.

Do wax laces prevent the laces from coming loose during play?  Do you think that they make a big difference?

They slip less for me. I also backlace my skates, that's putting the laces from the outside-in through the eyelets for those that don't know.

I do that as well, only because when I lace my skates up the normal way I get really bad lace bite.

Waxed, but only Graf makes a decent wax lace anymore. A&R and Pro Guard both are garbage anymore from what I've seen.

I agree 100%. Graf makes the only waxed laces that don't completly in every way suck.

I use white Graf laces.

However, I have been noticing it's been hit or miss lately. Sometimes I get laces that are partially torn or woven incorrectly. Yes, it even extends to laces...

I hate the wax laces now. I used them when i had my 2002 easton ultra lites and i usdd them for a little with my Bauer XX but i just use regular white laces now. They do the same deal as if u had the wax laces. They didnt seem any different. For me there just a wast of money.

I use Bauer white waxed laces, mainly because they don't loosen up as much as regular laces during gameplay and they are a tad thinner than other brands I've tried (haven't tried Graf yet). My skates have to be majorly tight. The worst wax laces I've had are A.L. 21 laces. These things are so waxey, you might as well as shove candles in your eyelets. Can't even get a good grip and they barely bend.

I like the Graf laces, but there is another company that makes great wax laces. The company we get them from is called Center Ice and the laces are called Tex-Style. They are the molded tip like the Graf laces.

I like the Graf laces, but there is another company that makes great wax laces. The company we get them from is called Center Ice and the laces are called Tex-Style. They are the molded tip like the Graf laces.

I will vouch for these as well, the tex-style laces are every bit as good as the grafs. Also, for those that like graf laces but can't find them, Bauer's waxed laces are *exactly* the same (made in the same place), except I've never had a pair of the bauer's with bad tips or miswoven strands like I have with a few graf pairs.