Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDE3

Nylon vs Leather gloves

Why do so many prefer the Nylon vs leather gloves?..is it that they do not stick to the glass as much under load..possible avoiding injury to the fingers or wrists? Is there that much difference in weight? are they much cooler? or just a fad?

Nylon is lighter and dries faster. Depending on the nylon used, it is also more durable than portofino/pleather.

Maybe it also brings along the advantage you mentioned, but I do not think it's a major factor as for why many pros choose Nylon.

I was told by a certain NHL Tough Guy that he likes Nylon because it tears the other guys skin...It gives them a bit of a rash...

lol, I've noticed that the CableKnit (TPS' Nylon) on my Response Plus gloves is really rough. I thought about the same thing... a jab on the cheek and the guy looses half of his skin.

Yet, that was obviously not the reason why I got Nylons.

I was told by a certain NHL Tough Guy that he likes Nylon because it tears the other guys skin...It gives them a bit of a rash...

lol... Gee, I wonder who that was.. ;)

Justin failed to mention that Hatc... I mean, the guy, also had him design custom nylon M-1s with Hanson foil built in... ;)

does anyone know if any companies will be making stock nylon gloves, not custom made? i know there are the fedorov eagles, but are these the only retail nylon gloves (not including low end gloves)?

Nylon does dry faster, so it stays lighter thru the game, which is why a significant number of pros prefer it to leather. Durability in terms of the shell shouldn't really be an issue, both nylon and leather should hold up well. A 50/50 shell is probably ideal though...