Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s Greens

Lightspeeds on Grafs

Hey all

I am considering getting new holders on my Grafs (703) because the blade on the stock ones are almost gone :( . Instead of getting replacement steel for the current holder....i was considering puttin in TUUK Lightspeeds. Has anyone used or know of someone who has used lightspeeds on any graf skates? Ive never skated on TUUKs before so will there be a big "feel" difference on the ice?

Thanks

Scotttty :D

One of the guys I play with bought a pair of Grafs (not sure which model) but didn't like the stock holders.

He had a set of Lightspeeds put on and likes the feel of them much better now.

I can also see that he's skating better.

I think it's personal preference. If you break the steel, it's easier to fix with Cobra's, rather than taking the holder off with TUUK's. Just make sure you don't get the perforrated steel if you get TUUK's.

i had em on my 705s and they were much better than cobras but to be honest id go with custom+ on any skate i get...thats what i have on my synergys now

perforrated steel :huh:

What exactly is that?

i think that its the bad batch of steel they put out ? :blink:

a guy on my team has lightspeeds on his grafs and he loves the difference they made for him. sorry i dont have more info than that ill ask for details at our gaem tomrrow morning

I got a 2 pairs of graf 703's and on both I have lightspeeds. I couldn't be happier.

perforrated steel is the steel that has the cut outs. They have it on the vapor xx's. Avoid getting that though, because as it has been mentioned many times before, it breaks easier then regular steel.

i have the 703 lightspeed set up and couldnt be happier my favorite pair of skates yet and thats over a pair of 703's with cobras and 735's with t-blades so ive used quite a few holders besides those also.

I'm a big fan of my 609/Lightspeed Combo. I feel alot more solid on my skates than I did with the T'blades. I believe its because I am not so forwardly pitched.

What happened to the 8090s being perfect?

they opened up, and now my feet slide around inside the boot. The 703s were a "gift."

Do you mean once they broke in, they were too big width wise?