Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

CCM V08

CCM Vector helmet V08 size medium.

I've been using this for quite a while in beer league and pickup hockey.

Fit - The helmet is more rounded than some other helmets, making it a good fit for me. Fit is similar to some of the older Jofa helmets as well as the HT2, x52 and x92 series helmets from CCM. Obviously this is going to vary from person to person. They do seem to fit bigger than a lot of other helmets, make sure you check your size when buying. The tool-less adjustment is easy and works smoothly, yet doesn't move while playing. 9/10

Ventilation - Air flow seems adequate. I don't get cold in the winter and I don't feel like I'm going to die of heat exhaustion when I play in the summer. 9/10

Protection- This isn't the place to get into the VN vs EPP thing (again) but I feel very comfortable with the protection offered by this helmet. My only concern is that the padding is starting to stiffen up a bit, though that could be from it sitting in my car or closet for extended periods of time in the cold weather. I haven't been able to play much lately due to a (non hockey related) concussion. I do like the fact that it seems to fit deeper and cover more of the base of the skull. 8/10

Weight - I really don't notice it when I'm on the ice, that's about all you can really ask of a helmet. 9/10

Durability - A year+ in and it still looks great. I do use a helmet bag to protect it and the visor (when I have one on) so that does help. Again, my only concern is the slight stiffening of the VN padding. 8/10

Conclusion - Solid all around helmet and an excellent value. Sizing and fit is a little unique, so make sure you try it and don't just buy it blind.

CCM Vector V08 helmet size medium, black and paired up with an Itech Ti Cage

Played in this helmet for about a year for dropin, league and Nationals

Fit - The helmet does fit me more comfortably than other brands, and I agree that it fits bigger than other helmets. I'm a L in Mission and Easton, but for the V8 I got a medium and its not even at the largest setting. Adjustment of the helmet is really easy, and doenst need to be touched once you have set it comfortably. I must have picked up a lot of christmas fat, since it felt a little more snug yesterday (first time back playing for 2 months). The foam is still soft and comfortable, and was very comfortable again after a minute back on my head. 9/10

Ventilation - Never really had issues with ventilation, but its definitely better than the old mission carbster. I still sweat buckets, but I sweat buckets while putting on my gear so it doesnt matter. Doesnt overheat, even in our hot current weather. 8/10

Protection- Having used other CCM helmets before, the protection seems to be better this time round. I used to have an older CCM HT2 and 692 helmet, and this one seems to hold up better. 9/10

Weight - When I first started playing years ago, I never really wore a helmet except for tournaments. However having played in Australia for hte past 4 years or so, its mandatory to wear one. I've gotten used to wearing a helmet, and this is lighter compared to the older HT2 or 692. Paired with the titanium cage, its a very very light combo. 9/10

Durability - i just chuck the helmet and cage into my hockey bag along with all my other gear, but the black color covers up most of the scratches and scuffs. I do take all my gear and put them on a rack to dry after each use, and so far its held up really well. 9/10

Good helmet... would recommend this to anyone to use. The v10 has the EPP foam, and if you are a size Medium in the V8 you might need a L in the V10 due to the memory pads...

CCM Vector helmet V08 size large.

This is my main helmet and it has put all my others on the shelf. I was coming from a CCM 1082 EPP helmet. I bought this one based on the reviews here and wanting to switch to VN foam. I've worn it about a season and a half.

Fit - I find the basic shape of the helmet similar to the 1092 and the 1052 helmets I wore previously with two exceptions. The V08 is a big helmet. I'm normally in the upper range of a large helmet. On the 1092 and 1052, both are larges and are set to nearly their biggest setting. The V08 is closed all the way to its smallest size and if I didn't wear a skull cap and sweat bar, I'd could have used a medium.

As well this helmet is seems rounder than most, which fits my head well. Both the 1052 and 1092 took some breakin time to eliminate pressure on the side of my head.

This helmet sits low on my head, which is unusual for me. The top of the face opening is right at my eye brows and I have a tall forehead and skull. It comes down equally low in the back. I like this feeling now as it feels more protective, but it took some getting used to.

I like the tooless adjustment on this helmet as it seems very secure. I set the adjustment once and it has never shifted. 9/10

Ventilation - This helmet has good airflow. My 1092 was pretty poor in this area. I felt a noticeable improvement when I switched to the V08. 9/10

Protection- As I stated before, this helmet sits low on the head and offers very complete coverage. Thankfully, I haven't had to test its impact protection in any major way. I haven't noticed the stiffening of the padding that Chadd mentions. 8/10 - but based mostly on the impression of protection

Weight - Very similar to my previous EPP helmets, but I hang a cage off the thing, so weight isn't a big thing for me. 9/10

Durability - My helmet looks used, but only has cosmetic damage. No major scratches anywhere. I'm impressed by the screws and other metal hardware. These have stood up to rust much better than my previous helmets. I've tried several masks on this helmet and the screws have always come free without excessive swearing. 10/10

Conclusion - This is a good option in helmets. If you have a big head, you need to include this helmet in your list. Definitely not a helmet to order online though as it fits differently than many helmets. It is both bigger (medium = large in most other helmet lines) and simply rounder if that makes sense. I'm very happy with this helmet and will probably replace it with another V08 when it is due.

I have a CCM V08 Helmet size Small paired with the RBK 5K cage (size M). I have worn this setup for the last several+ months.

FIT (9/10):

My previous helmet was the CCM 652 (sz. M), which was quite comfortable. I tried many helmets from different brands and models before finding the right one, CCM V08.

The helmet is great and sits comfortably on my head. However I found that the helmet fits quite larger than other helmets. When wearing a size medium, which I am normally accustomed to, its smallest adjustment setting was too large for me. I then switched to the size Small and found that the helmet had to be adjusted to the 2/3 range of the adjustment mechanism for me to have the appropriate fit.

The helmet has broken in very well and there are no pressure points whatsoever. The VN liner is supple and non-abrasive. It also comes down right above my eyebrows and gives a “tight” feeling, which I like.

VENTILIATION (7/10):

I do perspire quite a bit. I am not a big boy in any way, but do find I get quite warm wearing this helmet, or in combination with my protective gear. I do not find adequate airflow when skating.

PROTECTION (9/10):

Fortunately I have not had a severe case where my helmet was my only chance of survival, but I have been struck in the head with sticks and elbows. I did not feel any harm from those impacts or a jarring feeling when wearing the V08 helmet.

WEIGHT (8.5/10):

I do not notice the helmet when I’m on the ice whether it is during public skate or a league game. There is not a presence of a front-heavy or back-heavy feeling like I have experienced with other helmets. I do acknowledge it is not the lightest helmet in the market.

DURABILITY (8.5/10):

There are no cracks, deep scratches or significant marks on the helmet to date. None of the screws have been stripped like with my previous helmet, nor do they come undone. My only issue is the VN liner/padding seems to have become dislodged in certain areas, where I assume the glue is no longer doing its job.

CONCLUSION:

For the protection and quality the helmet offers and its price compared to other high-end helmets, I would definitely recommend this helmet to other players. I love the way it fits, as it is quite a slimmer profile than many helmets in the market. The aesthetic look of the helmet is top-notch and the tool-free side adjustments are simple to use.

CCM Vector V08 Helmet size Medium with Oakley Pro Straight half visor

Fit: Surprised that a medium helmet fit me as I have used all larges in the past (4500, 5000, 5500 and 8K). I have a wider head, so I found the temple area a bit snug but after installing the half visor it widened a bit and feels better. Good fit around the back of the head around the occipital bone and the helmet fits well around the top of my head. Good contact around my head. 8K was too wide of a helmet and 4500 and 5000 were good fits but old at the time and needed replacements.

8/10

Ventilation: I find the helmet has good ventilation compared to any Bauer helmet but a bit less than the 8K. However, I can feel a good breeze and the many ventilation points on the top and back of the helmet help dissipate heat from the noggin.

10/10

Protection: I like this helmet because it comes down lower on the back of my head. The helmet seems to fit me well and sits lower than the 5100 or the 8K. Had a few head on head hits, two pucks and three head bangs on the ice and it has protected me so far.

9/10

Weight: It's a light helmet, no real difference between some other helmets in the same class. Heavier than the 8K and the S19 which are my other helmets but I don't really feel anything different between the three.

8/10

Durability: Seems well constructed, however, the only gripe I have is that the front and back shell move and shift a lot. Not just a millimeter, but almost a half centimeter both ways. I'm quite concerned that in the future the tool less adjustment could wear down and loose the locking ability. As with many VN helmets, as it absorbs sweat it is starting to harden a bit on the forehead area. Nothing uncomfortable yet.

7/10

Conclusions: Good helmet for the price. I bought this helmet because I wanted to go away from the EPP foam helmets because I sweat a lot and it was too hot and sweaty after 10 years. It's comfortable, ventilated well and passes the mirror test. If you're looking for a good helmet for rec hockey or because you can't go on the ice without one, this is a good choice.

CCM Vector helmet V08 Medium with Oakley 2.0 Visor

I have been using the helmet for the past 4 months 5-6 times a week.

Fit - The fit I was a little thrown off by at first. I wore a Large in the V10 I was issued last season and that seemed a bit to tight in my temple region. Other than the V10 I used, I have worn Larges in 4500s, 5500s, and Reeboks in the past. After trying on the Large I realized I needed a Medium with the V08 everything felt much better. The helmet sits low on my head compared to the other helmets I have used in the past. I experienced a bit of a sung fit in the same area as the V10 (not as tight though) after mounting my visor but, It opened up after a few uses and feels great. It sits lower in the back compared to the 4500s I have been wearing. Makes me feel a bit more protected. I have the helmet adjusted a tad bit more than 2/3s open with the adjustment system and it has not moved since day one. After breaking it in this helmet has great coverage all around.

10/10

Ventilation - I feel that I am getting the same airflow as the Bauer helmets I have worn before but not as much as the Reebok. Never experienced overheating what so ever.

8/10

Protection - This helmet has provided me with the most coverage out of anything I have worn in the past. The padding feels exactly how it has from day one. I took a puck to the head and have received a few good hits where I hit my head along the boards. I have not felt the impacts from either. It has done a great job in the protection department.

9/10

Weight - Not insanely light like the S19 or even the 8k, but it feels just as light as any other VN padding helmet out on the market to me. I do not notice it at all while playing.

8/10

Durability - No scratches, scuffs, or nicks so far. I do keep my helmet on a shelf in my locker right after I use it and keep it in a helmet bag when I pack up my gear for road trips, so its not like it is taking a beating being hauled in a bag everyday. As stated in a previous review, the front and back shell shift a bit while in my hands but only a few millimeters, not to the extent as the previous reviewer. The adjustment system has been working insanely well, my helmet has not shifted positions at all since I dialed it in when I first purchased it. The VN is holding up great too. With the 4500 I could feel the padding stiffening up around this point in time after purchase. Like I stated before, the VN padding feels just as the day I bought it.

10/10

Conclusion - This is probably the best experience I have had with a helmet so far. It is priced very well and I find it to be a great value. I have recommended it to a few people and a few of my teammates have made the switch to it. Next time I am in the market for a helmet I will be buying another V08.

Having been concussed a few times before, when it comes to helmet selection i'm really wary, REALLY REALLY wary about what i choose to protect my dome next. So far using this helmet for the last year, i can say this has been a fantastic choice and i'm very glad it was made.

Fit-10/10- the V10 helmet was like a vice grip on me, i hated it so much and the migraines it caused me. When i put this helmet on, it felt amazing, the foams were soft, not soft enough to not protect but to accomodate my head. I have a huge head too and this fit around it. It's not a boxy feel like the 4500 which i hated and the same with the other "sombrero fit" as i call all the other bauer helmets. It came on, and its really hard to remove.

Ventilation- 9/10 - I feel the air flowing through the vents and onto my head, sometimes i shave my head other times i let it grow out and i've not felt such great ventilation until this helmet. i thought the mission intake had gnarly ventilation but this one puts it to shame.

Protection-10/10- I've taken hits, been slew footed and once slammed my head on the ice and was ok, not even a headache. The VN liner absorbed all the shock and dispersed it through keeping my dome safe.

Weight-10/10 - It's not heavy, if you complain about a heavy helmet, you should check yourself with your issues at hand instead of blaming your helmet.

Durability-10/10 (so far, but after so long i dont see it changing) - It's been 15 months and it's been amazing, i love it. Not one single issue

Conclusion - Get this helmet if you want the pro feel VN liner and great protection.

If the ventilation is the only thing i give a lower than perfect score then this helmet is beyond recommendable.

Recommend this helmet? ABSOLUTELY

Edited by Thinkingjack