Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2010 Eagle Catalogue

In another Topic there are a pair of retro looking PPF's (I'm pretty sure Most of you guys have seen it already). Any idea if and when those will become a retail glove? If not, do you guys think thehockeyshop.com could help me find a pair or create them?

Edited by who

spoke to an eagle rep as i've been considering getting custom x72's and was curious as to why the cuff on the new model looks different. the answer kinda didn't make sense in one way but made sense in another. they said they wanted to "downsize" their glove line and got rid of the x70 (but then why add like 4 new lines of gloves?). now the part that made sense was how she said the x70 was a very popular model so what they did this year is made this year's x72 to the x70 specs, which explains the different cuff.

the good news for me was that you could still get last years x72 mold on custom orders, just that it won't come with the new quickdry liner. confusing.

The new lines of gloves are just upgrades of older models. Kind of like a company with skates. Almost essentially the same thing, just an improvement on them, so instead of the same model number they use new numbers.

The new lines of gloves are just upgrades of older models. Kind of like a company with skates. Almost essentially the same thing, just an improvement on them, so instead of the same model number they use new numbers.

ok, i can understand trying to downsize a bit by getting rid of one of the glove lines. but why not just get rid of the x72 altogether instead using the old x70 mold and calling that the x72? a lot of things didn't really make sense to me during that conversation, but i honestly didn't really care about the other stuff. all i really cared about was if the fit of the new x72 was different, and if so, was the old x72 mold still available through custom, which was answered to my satisfaction.

Have always wanted a pair of gloves with msh2 palms (briefly owned a pair of eagle ppf's that were a bit too roomy overall so got rid of them) and am reluctant to shell out $200 on any glove. What my question is, if someone would know the price points, what would be the cheapest eagle glove with full msh2 and best bang for buck.

x72s. I think 150? is the price on them. And if they aren't 09's or 10's then you could probably get them even cheaper, althought colors might not be widely available.

was actually planning on going into cyclone taylor tom to see if they had the x65 in store as stated on their site. I will check to see if they have the 2010 ppf's also and will check to see the kangaroo pockets.

On a side note, if anyone has any info on the x65, and details or info ?

Can anyone comment on the fit of the x65i? I just saw the price and I am tempted to buy them, but I don't know how they will work with my tiny hands.

Can anyone comment on the fit of the x65i? I just saw the price and I am tempted to buy them, but I don't know how they will work with my tiny hands.

The backhand and thumb is packed with padding so it's really snug in that area. If that's the kinda fit you want then it'll be perfect for you. My hands are also tiny.

Just shy of $200 if my memory serves me.

Actually just shy of $300, spoke to eagle about ordering, they directed me to a dealer, I called and found out the price I was driving so I Almost crashed the car when found out how much. Yep . It's no mistake, don't forget to add tax to it as well

Actually just shy of $300, spoke to eagle about ordering, they directed me to a dealer, I called and found out the price I was driving so I Almost crashed the car when found out how much. Yep . It's no mistake, don't forget to add tax to it as well

Call a different dealer.

I got quoted 279.99cdn by my LHS. Luckily I found a pair of brand new 5000x's for 99 bucks online. If you live in the US then I'd try somewhere else.

On another note, I can back up everyone's posts that Eagle has once again changed the fit of the PPFs. There is no way I can use Eagle gloves anymore because I can't fit in them. The fit is just totally different from when they first came out.

Edited by Andoy

Okay, can some of you guys help clarify the difference between these gloves. It looks like there's not many major differences in the gloves, outside of modified backhand in the X65s, a cuff shape and overlay. I'd really like to pick up a pair of Eagles. If there really is a big difference, I'll go for PPF's but I honestly don't see too big a difference outside what I just mentioned. Maybe the liner? They didn't mention that. Any help?

Edit: Okay, so I need to learn to read pages before I do something. So it's made overseas..is that the difference? Cause I'm so lost right now..

Edited by NextBobbyOrr