Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyguy

Get a stealth or not?

For those who have got one.. Or if anyone wants to share their opnion. Is the Stealth worth $200, or should i stick with a reg synergy. Either way please explain your opinion.

Thanks!!

Granted I haven't tried the retail model, but I wouldn't have paid ~$200 for the one I have over a regular Synergy. It's a good stick, but I don't think the difference in performance warrants the price hike. I'd honestly look into an XN10 because the performance has been comparable and it's been found for cheap online.

Well you'd be having problems regardless since that pattern's not on the Stealth. Louisville has the Brendl, which is fairly similar.

this isnt probally the answer you are looking for but its all about personal preference. Take mack who believes the XN10 is comprabale, but with my experience i never liked the XN10, but love the stealth. does this make either stick "better"? no it just shows that the stick is all about preference. try to find someone who already has one and see if you can shoot around with it before you drop $200 on it

do you find that the stealth is much different than the synergy?

"this isnt probally the answer you are looking for but its all about personal preference. Take mack who believes the XN10 is comprabale, but with my experience i never liked the XN10, but love the stealth. does this make either stick "better"? no it just shows that the stick is all about preference. try to find someone who already has one and see if you can shoot around with it before you drop $200 on"

It's better than the regular Synergy, but I don't think the performance upgrade is worth the price hike, like I had said. That being said, some people will go ahead and pay that price for that. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's the best OPS I'd used but I just can't see myself paying the price for it, especially since I'm a fan of shafts/blades.

Not sure about that since I've only seen a handful of them in the games I've had, but mine's 6mos old and still holding up. As for Synergy prices, I see a lot are in the $120-$130 range for the most part.

The LHS here had a run of Synergys for $120 and I'm thinking there was a site that had them on sale, but I can't be sure. For $130 though there are an assload that are up on eBay now for sure.

epuck.com has Synergy's for $119.00

I used my Stealh for a few weeks and then sold it on ebay. The shaft diameter of the Stealth is considerably smaller than the regular Synergy. To me, the retail Stealth felt almost like a pro radius or contoured shape. Also the blade on the Stealth is a touch skinnier than the reg Synergy, but not enough difference to increase shot speed or stick-handling/passing ect...

For a high performance stick worth the money, epuck sells the TPS XN10 for $159.00 The XN10 has a regular/traditional shaped shaft except the sides are concaved, which makes the shaft more spring-like and helps you grip it better. Check out the full reviews of the XN10 in the Stick Review section.

...because the stick is tapered at both ends... :o

The size of the shaft feels like an intermediate or a chick stick if you ask me, Bouce :o B)

i dont know if makes a difference, but i have used a modano and roloston pro stock ones, so they might feel different. so i cant give you good advice on a retail stealth. i noticed a considerable difference from the synergy to stealth, but i also noticed a different in the vapor XX and the synergy too. all and all i think the vapor XX is the best buy, but again its all opinion, sucks to have to shell out $150-200 to test something

xn10 = stealth imo. I have both, and it all depends on whether or not the curve and flex your using suits your preference. Both are top notch pieces of lumber.

The size of the shaft feels like an intermediate or a chick stick if you ask me, Bouce :o B)

I understand. I am just stating that the handle tapers, that is why it feels smaller.

i dont know if makes a difference, but i have used a modano and roloston pro stock ones, so they might feel different. so i cant give you good advice on a retail stealth. i noticed a considerable difference from the synergy to stealth, but i also noticed a different in the vapor XX and the synergy too. all and all i think the vapor XX is the best buy, but again its all opinion, sucks to have to shell out $150-200 to test something

The Vapor XX has an awesome grip and okay puck feel, but it is very blade heavy. It's like they used cement to fuse the shaft and blade.

I understand. I am just stating that the handle tapers, that is why it feels smaller.

Hmmm, the top 5 inches or so on my Stealth looked like it flared out. Starting right where there is an internal stopper-like rubber ring inside the shaft. It's the smaller diameter, coupled with the lack of corners on the shaft that I couldn't stand.

for $120 i am getting a synergy.. where are those prices from- online? where. LHS near me are WAY over that.

Are you from Canada? All shit is more expensive in Canada. We have stealths in our LHS, for 349.99 + tax :blink:

well i have an XN10 and im gettin a stealh.. so far the XN10 is an unbelieve stick... i hate the curve but meh.. it is an awesome stick... ill let u know how it compares when i get my stealth