Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaver5

Penalty for taping your gloves?

I just recently taped my gloves red and green (team colors). I'm curious to know if that could result in a penalty called against you.

I used electrical tape and all the tape is on super tight. It also looks sweet.

Thanks.

Tape could be used as an abrasive-type weapon against an opponent's skin. There should be a rule against it if there isn't one already.

In Canada, there is an illegal equipment rule, or "potentially dangerous" rule. Neckguards coming off, broken sticks, and others are covered under it. I could also see it as being unportsmanlike. I'd think the ref would give you a warning first so you should be good to go.

Nylon gloves could be used for the same purpose though.

You can't make tiny folds with nylon gloves. A tiny fold of tape can cut you pretty bad if it's raked across your face quickly.

Hmm I put black electrical tape over my Eagles a little bit ago, and none of the refs have said anything, so I don't think there should be a penalty for it

A bunch of guys did stuff like that to their gloves all year on my team. They used electrical tape, stick tape and then one guy went to his ComTech class and got his name and number printed on them with something, and refs never called a penalty against anybody all year. This was in Canada as well.

I just recently taped my gloves red and green (team colors). I'm curious to know if that could result in a penalty called against you.

I used electrical tape and all the tape is on super tight. It also looks sweet.

Thanks.

Post a picture!

well thanks guys i appreciate the advice.

I play hockey in edmonton for SSAC Bantam AA.

I ended up taking the tape off because my coach didn't want players taping their gloves.

I wish I would've taken a picture.

Sorry but thanks guys

since my team requires all black plain gloves most people take the white accents out of them using electrical tape (like taping over the EAGLE on the eagle gloves) and no ref has ever even looked twice at it...