Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reich8

under armor mouthguard

I have tried numerous shock doctors and I hated them, but got used to them in terms of breathing.. Talking was a no go though. I got the UA mouthguard a few months back and I love it. Is it worth the money... I dunno lol it is pretty pricey. I paid 300 for it because i got a hookup from a client i train, that is the only reason why I even got it. And was able to pay in instalments of 100 a month.

I like the mouthguard because it is custom molded, and I can actually breathe, and more importantly TALK with it on. It does fit snug, but because it doesn't really affect my breathing or speech, i don't find it necessary to have to constantly pop the mouthguard out.... It doesn't seem super durable though as there are some chew marks on it already from normal wear.

I have tried numerous shock doctors and I hated them, but got used to them in terms of breathing.. Talking was a no go though. I got the UA mouthguard a few months back and I love it. Is it worth the money... I dunno lol it is pretty pricey. I paid 300 for it because i got a hookup from a client i train, that is the only reason why I even got it. And was able to pay in instalments of 100 a month.

I like the mouthguard because it is custom molded, and I can actually breathe, and more importantly TALK with it on. It does fit snug, but because it doesn't really affect my breathing or speech, i don't find it necessary to have to constantly pop the mouthguard out.... It doesn't seem super durable though as there are some chew marks on it already from normal wear.

Did you try the shock doctor gravity 2?

I got mine from the "fight doctor." There pretty new, but i love mine. Perfect fit, perfect breathing and talking. You can pop it in and not even notice it after a little while. I got mine for free becuase one of the dentists that works for them trains at my club, but i believe they are $150 for a pre-set design, or $200 and it's make up your design. I just stuck with the simple fangs so it would have cost me $150.

I've heard good things about the Gladiator mouth guard. Custom fit and only $50 for the first one, and $25 for a new one after that. Anybody tried it?

I have one and love it. I'll never go back to a boil and bite one again. I can talk and breathe like I'm not wearing anything at all.

Did you try the shock doctor gravity 2?

I just got this one yesterday - so far I'm impressed, it seems to be great for talking (the best I've had anyway). I'll try it out in a game tomorrow night.

This should help explain the benefits of a performance mouthguard:

I was blown away too when I first watched it. I am quite sure its the same science with Under Armor mouthguards.

Personally, I have never tried a performance mouthguard just a $40 custom mouthguard that does a very good job and I cannot justify spending big bucks for slight performance increase as I only play adult beer league :D

That video is ridiculous. When she's testing him for balance without the pen in his mouth, she's leaning on him to push him sideways. With the pen in his mouth, she's only applying upward force to his hand. What a con! That sure doesn't lend much credibility to the product.