Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skyscrape

One95 Tapered Shaft?

X60 blade is tapered. Discussing pro stock/smu/europe options is only going to confuse people lol

I had no idea, because I went to the new pure hockey, bought the X:60 blade that I saw was tapered online, and when I got home, I was like" Holy sh!t, it's standard. So it's .520 and that's tapered.

I had no idea, because I went to the new pure hockey, bought the X:60 blade that I saw was tapered online, and when I got home, I was like" Holy sh!t, it's standard. So it's .520 and that's tapered.

As I said before, standard X:60s do exist.

The blade you bought must have been .620 .

Basically,

Long hosel = standard

Short hosel = tapered

It's not truly accurate, but it's correct most of the time.

As far as Bauer is concerned, it's accurate.

When you get used to it, you can tell if the blade/shaft is tapered or not by looking at it, but take precautions and try to compare it with the other blades in the store before you buy it if you're not sure.

And for the shaft profile of the ONE95 tapered (.520), I'm not truly sure but I assume the kick point is rather high compared to normal tapered shafts, although not as high the standard (.620) type.

Even if it was an SMU, it wouldn't make sense on Bauer's behalf to release two different sticks that basically perform in the same way (XXXX, which had a low kickpoint, was the counterpart when the ONE95 was released).

In the same logic, I assume the standard X:60s (.620) have a similar profile to the tapered (.520) X:60s, although, not exactly, the same.

Again, I'm not completely certain about this part so someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

As I said before, standard X:60s do exist.

The blade you bought must have been .620 .

Basically,

Long hosel = standard

Short hosel = tapered

It's not truly accurate, but it's correct most of the time.

As far as Bauer is concerned, it's accurate.

When you get used to it, you can tell if the blade/shaft is tapered or not by looking at it, but take precautions and try to compare it with the other blades in the store before you buy it if you're not sure.

And for the shaft profile of the ONE95 tapered (.520), I'm not truly sure but I assume the kick point is rather high compared to normal tapered shafts, although not as high the standard (.620) type.

Even if it was an SMU, it wouldn't make sense on Bauer's behalf to release two different sticks that basically perform in the same way (XXXX, which had a low kickpoint, was the counterpart when the ONE95 was released).

In the same logic, I assume the standard X:60s (.620) have a similar profile to the tapered (.520) X:60s, although, not exactly, the same.

Again, I'm not completely certain about this part so someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

He bought it at pure hockey so I'm 99% sure it tapered and not standard. They wouldn't have prostock blades or European ones either.

But he says it was.

I am confused by the way things are being written here. The .520 blades are tapered. The .620 blades are a standard or standard taper.

I am confused by the way things are being written here. The .520 blades are tapered. The .620 blades are a standard or standard taper.

.620 is standard

.520 is tapered

.420 is one piece shaft construction (descendants of the "true1" OPS)

.620 is standard

.520 is tapered

Now that that is clear, I am still really confused about which shaft comes in what taper? From what I gather both shafts come in both standard and tapered?

If you include SMUs, every shaft comes in both taper and standard profiles.

So as everyone has been pointing out, look at the hosel width written on the shaft (or maybe on the proof of purchase).

"0.520" or "0.520 taper"=tapered

"0.620" or "0.620 taper"=standard

will hold true, no matter what the shaft is (X:60, One95, XXXX, etc.).

He bought it at pure hockey so I'm 99% sure it tapered and not standard. They wouldn't have prostock blades or European ones either.

Okay, I'll have pics up later but it says, ".520 standard taper system" on the heel of the blade. Anyways, it fit into my tapered shaft

Okay, I'll have pics up later but it says, ".520 standard taper system" on the heel of the blade. Anyways, it fit into my tapered shaft

No need for pics lol. I don't know why smu's/European models were being discussed so much. Has anyone seen an smu standard x60 shaft or blade? I've seen pro stock standard x60 shafts but no blades.

No need for pics lol. I don't know why smu's/European models were being discussed so much. Has anyone seen an smu standard x60 shaft or blade? I've seen pro stock standard x60 shafts but no blades.

I just saw the standard, but maybe it meant the standard tapered fit, which is .520, like the standard, like the norm for something?

.620 is standard

.520 is tapered

there is also .47, can't say for sure but i think its a true OPS.

Are you a secret agent or something? Its pretty common knowledge that tapered shafts aren't sold in europe.. When I was over there the one90 and vapor xxxx were both standard.

No, I'm just a random hockey player... :D

One90s shafts weren't actually sold around my place (Which is Japan, actually), they had standard One80s.

And for the XXXX, we had both tapered and standard. But they were more like SMUs, made for the Bauer agency/importer.

And then there was this odd situation with the One95s where they had both tapered and standard shafts, but only standard blades. And tapered shafts were the norm for One95 :blink:

How long is an average tapered blade? (top of hosel to heel of the blade)

Why wouldn't the manufacturers compensate on the shorter hosel by making the shafts longer?

How long is an average tapered blade? (top of hosel to heel of the blade)

Why wouldn't the manufacturers compensate on the shorter hosel by making the shafts longer?

The average tapered blade varies now among manufacturers, but all are shorter than standard blades. And yes, the manufacturers compensate for this length by making tapered shafts longer.

Warrior Dolomite blades have a very long hosel and in turn their tapered shafts are a little bit shorter than say Reebok or Easton. Reebok blades seem to have the shortest hosel out of the companies I used (Warrior, Reebok and Easton). Putting a dolo HD blade into my 8k shaft made the assembled stick about 2 fingers longer (~2 inch) than being paired with a SE16 blade. I have no experiences with Bauer tapered setups.

The average tapered blade varies now among manufacturers, but all are shorter than standard blades. And yes, the manufacturers compensate for this length by making tapered shafts longer.

My bad, I thought I read somewhere that the tapered X60 shaft is 54", the same length as the standard One95 if I'm not mistaken.

My bad, I thought I read somewhere that the tapered X60 shaft is 54", the same length as the standard One95 if I'm not mistaken.

they are. I have a standard one95 and my buddy has a x:60. Shafts are the same length.

they are. I have a standard one95 and my buddy has a x:60. Shafts are the same length.

So.. they do not compensate for the shorter blade?! The tapered two piece stick(X60) should end up somewhere around 58 inches, and the regular two piece (One95) around 60 inches, correct?