Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skyscrape

Anyone using the new AK One Piece?

I was hoping someone on here could give a review on the new stick? Is it just a repainted Hitman? Is it a low kick or a mid-low like the Supremes? I am just wondering.

i believe ice warehouse has a video review of it

I saw that, but the only problem is, it is not a user review. I would like to hear if there is anyone with one that has played with one.

I have not, but one of my friends has and really likes it. He was recommending it to me and suggesting I give it a try. He says its not the lightest, but for the money is really pleased with it. No personal experience though.

My roommate has been using them since September when they first started showing up in the NHL. He gets them off Fedotenko and they have held up pretty well. He's 6'5'' 270lb Dman playing college hockey so that should give you an idea on the strenght (It's 110 flex). The blades are the weakest part of the stick and the shaft seems pretty solid. It does look like a fused 2 piece tho. This might not help you since the pro sticks may be way different than the retail.

ak270011.jpg

ak270022.jpg

ak270033.jpg

Thanks Harv! Can he get right handed sticks in that flex? I am 6'7 300 lbs and would love to get one of those bad boys!

I look forward to reading the review GoNucksGo!

I have five prostocks from Todd Fedoruk. they are very light and balanced. I have turned 3 into shafts by removing the blades with heat and a chisel. I dont think these are the same as the retail version.

My brother had been using one for a couple months now and it's durable, but not quite up there with the elite sticks. For its price I'd use it but just don't expect it to compete with the top tier OPS. Still the prettiest OPS out there.

I wonder if this and the new 7k will create a new price point where the #3 stick in a line isn't a night and day difference from the #1.

Its safe to say the retail stick is not the same as the pro stock? Why would so many pros be using a price point stick?

Its safe to say the retail stick is not the same as the pro stock? Why would so many pros be using a price point stick?

Absolutely. Most are repainted Dolomites.

In terms of materials it's completely different. That said, the Shanny I got seems to be more of the retail version as it's not tapered the same way the Dolos are. This is more like just a shaft/blade fusion.

In terms of materials it's completely different. That said, the Shanny I got seems to be more of the retail version as it's not tapered the same way the Dolos are. This is more like just a shaft/blade fusion.

Can you elaborate on that a little, please?

It's not going to have the same construction as a pro stock, which is more than likely a Dolo/1100. It's going to have a higher percentage of the "cheaper" material. The descriptions online are pretty vague but it feels like most of the just-under high-end OPS. It does have a pretty damn good balance, which to me is more important than weight.

I have a 220 flex and a 250 flex pro stock AK 27 one piece. these feel just like my dolomites. Maybe a little lighter in the blade. the pro stocks have the 27 on the shaft and the retail version only has the AK. As far as I can tell