Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hotsauce

new tour skate?

Chad,

Can you tell us a little bit about the new skates?

Like whats the difference/upgrade from the Tabu to the Thor Lines?

Agreed. What are the upgrages over the Code Carbon? I tried on a pair of my brothers and they have very little padding on the inside and not much in the heel lock department. Is this upgraded with the THOR line?

Agreed. What are the upgrages over the Code Carbon? I tried on a pair of my brothers and they have very little padding on the inside and not much in the heel lock department. Is this upgraded with the THOR line?

We have made some modifications in the new THOR line. One of the biggest changes was the decision to use more Surlyn. This material is very lightweight and it resists heat very well which allows it to stay strong and durable. Think of the outside of a golf ball, on most balls that is Surlyn. Very tough, and lightweight. As far as the padding goes, we did not need to change that much as all of our feedback is that we have a very comfortable boot, maybe the most comfortable on the market.

I have used this skate now for quite some time. The stiffness is there and from day 1 it was very comfortable. CJ Yoder stated that this is his favorite series of skates that we have come out with. He tested the top 3 models for us.

Another guy, Riley Lowe, who is 17 or 18 got a pair of these at NARCh. Got them just before his first game and wore them in 3 divisions and 2 skills contests without any problems from fit or comfort at all. He loved them.

Sorry this sounds salesy but I am very excited about the new THOR line.

I am having a devil if a time deciding between the ZX9 and EX1...

The ZX9 worries me two ways... First the lack of a 100% composite outsole and the non-bacterial liner.

I am coming from Tabu's and don't want to take a step down.

The ZX9 has the more preferred wheels for me and I like the less flashy look.

Decisions..,

Chad- would you consider the ZX9 a. Step up from the Tabu, step back or even-Steven???