Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hotsauce

new tour skate?

Is the green colour inspired by the kawasaki ninja zx9 ? ;)

Hope this thing comes over to Europe soon...

By the way, looks great!

Very sharp looking skate.

Just curious, no Addiction wheels, does this mean those are not the top of the line model?

I won't mention who or where, but I did see another pair of Tour Thor (possibly demo) skates this past weekend and they did not look anything like these so I am just curious of what the rest of the line looks like.

Very sharp looking skate.

Just curious, no Addiction wheels, does this mean those are not the top of the line model?

I won't mention who or where, but I did see another pair of Tour Thor (possibly demo) skates this past weekend and they did not look anything like these so I am just curious of what the rest of the line looks like.

These are our second model from the top. Let me tell you sometihng and yes, I am the sales manager, so you can take this for what you thnk it is worth. By revising the internal structural system to make the boot perfom a ittle beter and taking out some of the weight, we have created the best skate that Tour has made so far.

Here is a little story to demonstrate what I think we have here. I have a friend that has always felt good in skating with another brand and that has been OK with me. We do not fit everyone and he felt better in other skates. I have known this guy for about 10 years and we are pretty tight. At a tourney he cam up to me and said he has heard from our test skaters the response threy are giving and he is saying that he feels he wants to make a change to Tour.

This may not be that good of a story to you guys, but it is significant to have this guy finally wanting to get into Tour. We have a very, very good skate in these new Thor models all the way from our wheels with Labeda to the Hum'er frame and the all 80mm set up to the new Code tech in the Thor models. I will be excited to hear what the feedback from consumers will be soon.

Tour is positioned to become a better roller hockey company for the players. This is what we do and rollerhockey is who we are.

Out, and sorry for the sales pitch. Once I get going, it is hard for me to stop.

Might have to give Tours another shot. I had the the 1st Gen Codes and the chassis bent to all heck on a dinky wrist shot. I went back to Missions and haven't really looked back. I just got the Commander SEs, but I'm having some fit related problems. I'm finding the volume to be a bit big, and I have a thick, wide foot. I also think they went too thick on the tongue and I can't get a good lacing in the high ankle area.

OK, So here is some new stuff. i will post some more pics in the coming days. We are just adjusting a few things.

OK, OK, here is the deal, the following is going to sound like a total sales pitch, but I only put it here, because I really believe it to be true, so I am going to write it. The Thor line of skates we are bringing out may very well be the best line of skates that we have done to date. they are totally designed with the roller hockey player in mind and we have taken the best of our skates and added some outside technologies to improve what we had. The result is a very comfortable, lightweight skate that performs like a dream.

See, I told you it was sales speak, but I gotta tell ya, I am very excited about this line. When you are facing a market that has Bauer and rbk and Mission in it, you had better be on your game, and with this line I really believe we have the skate to beat. I know they all make a nice boot and all, I am not knocking them, but if you have never given Tour a shot, just try them on in a store and compare. That is all I ask.

More to follow, sorry for the delay.

out

Well Chad I will give you a little more ammo here. I got a chance to talk to CJ Yoder about the new skates recently. His response was a little more detailed than I expected, but the conversation was basically that while he has always liked Tour skates ( and he cited several models such as the Code 1, Blue Max, etc.) the old 9000 boot was easily his favorite ever. The new Thor skates are the first Tour skate he has liked as much as the old 9000 boots, and it was no discredit to the previous models he's been on just the next step up to an old favorite in new materials kind of impression I got. They seem to be a step up in stiffness too, both CJ and Brian Yingling mentioned that when I asked about it.

Looks like you've got a good line on your hands coming out Chad.

Looks like Labeda/Tour went back to the mini-hub wheels on these guys as well. If the Addiction wheels w/ mini hubs are anything like the Labeda Genesis this skate just got even better.

Digging the new skates big time. Looks like I'll have a pair of Tabu's or a hummer frame to sell when these guys come out.

Looks like Labeda/Tour went back to the mini-hub wheels on these guys as well. If the Addiction wheels w/ mini hubs are anything like the Labeda Genesis this skate just got even better.

Digging the new skates big time. Looks like I'll have a pair of Tabu's or a hummer frame to sell when these guys come out.

what size tabu

Tour is so the way to go. I have the Code Carbons and the only problem Im having is a little pain on the front of my ankle where the top two eyelets are. This might be because i wrap my laces around the back. So we'll see how it goes, but from someone who went from Missions for 4 lines in a row to Tour's... Ill never look back.

I received some information on the new line, I hope it answers some of your guys questions. The new skates are to be a little lighter, stiffer and do not compromise the comfort with a new internal structure in the new line. The skates are to come out in early July. Here are the suggested retail prices, which may vary from one dealer to another.

THOR EX-1 ----- $550 to $600

THOR ZX-9 ----- $440 to $500

GX-7 ------- $300 to $350

G-1 Goalie --- $220 to $280

In the new skate line up the EX-1 and GX-7 will be offered in youth sized at a reduced price. Tour is also coming out with a new goalie skate, the G-1. The skate is to be similar to the Carbon GX, but has been improved upon with a revised profile, a modified internal structure, and a new Labeda Predator frame with a revised leg tie system.

THOR EX-1:

Thor-EX-1.jpg

GX-7:

Thor-GX-7.jpg

G-1 Goalie:

THORG-1GoalieFinal.jpg

Good info Hoffer. Where did you get the official pictures and info? Just curious. All the new skates look great.

GX-7 looks like a hell of a skate for the money. Glad to see the 3rd highest skate has the single bolt axles. I always thought that was the best system on the market.

The EX-1 looks good in person, heard it's a good bit stiffer than the Tabus. Anyone know what's new about the Eviction frame or how it differs from the 9000?

I received some information on the new line, I hope it answers some of your guys questions. The new skates are to be a little lighter, stiffer and do not compromise the comfort with a new internal structure in the new line. The skates are to come out in early July. Here are the suggested retail prices, which may vary from one dealer to another.

THOR EX-1 ----- $550 to $600

THOR ZX-9 ----- $440 to $500

GX-7 ------- $300 to $350

G-1 Goalie --- $220 to $280

You sure about these prices? Because someone said that the ZX-9 would take place of the 9.9 and the 9.9 is $300. Just wondering

Good info Hoffer. Where did you get the official pictures and info? Just curious. All the new skates look great.

I was given the information regarding the new line in advance from a friend and was given permission to share it.

I was given the information regarding the new line in advance from a friend and was given permission to share it.

Sweet. If they are releasing early July, I can't believe they aren't hyping them yet, let alone coming up on the big name sites for pre order. It's already June 28th.

Hi, i was wonderrng what the status was on the new Tour Thor series? they were supposed to be available in the beginning/mid of July, and we are now approaching August, so i was hoping for an update. Thanks very much!