Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djsnowman777

jr blades on sr shafts

so im a right and just searching for good righty blades is hard enough so i was thinking why not use jrs blades 1 being they are cheaper and 2 theres alot of rights...my question is what would the difference be in size on a sr shaft ?

The difference is pretty big. To make it fit right you'll have to add a lot tape to it, which will make the blade heavier. Plus there's not guarantee the blade will stay in throughout the game. Just buy jr blades for a jr shaft and sr for sr.

HOWEVER my Samsonov one90 tapered shaft fits jr blades and tapered sr blades...it must have been where i cut off the broken blade at though.

Just don't do it. Its not worth the risk of it coming flying out of the shaft and taking someone's head off.

Defintely +1. Jr blades just dont fit properly, it's dangerous, and the performance isnt really worth saving the few bucks, and risking a break/blade slip.

And, I don't think right handed blades are that hard to come by? If your local store doesn't have them, there are multiple online retailers that sell hockey equipment. Whatever money your saving by buying Jr. instead of Sr., you're sacrificing a ton of quality and performance.

That's purely just a stupid idea.

Take a look at the part of the blade that is inserted into the senior shaft. Does it look like it will fit? Well yes, because the blade isn't too big. However, it is FAR too small. You can add all the tape and glue you want to the tenon of that blade and it will STILL fit like complete crap in that shaft with tons of wiggle and very quickly causing a blowout on your stick. You'll likely get yourself or someone else hurt.

About the only thing that makes sense of this post is that the lie may be a little different. Blades wont explode, they aren't so different you'll notice a HUGE difference, etc. etc. About the only thing you'll really notice is that the top of the junior blade wont match up with the inside of the shaft. It is almost exactly the same fit as a senior blade,it just might go in a 1/4 or 1/2 inch further. I will admit, you will have to add more resin/hot glue and maybe more tape, but other than that, you wont notice that much of a difference. The blade will hold just fine. You'll notice little difference in any of your shooting/handling skills.

I experienced this first hand. I live in an area where there are only two places to get a blade (of of them being the ice arena pro shop). I really didn't want to pay 25 or 60 bucks for a new right hand senior blade, so I purchased a couple of clearance Easton junior blades for 5 dollars a piece. They worked just fine. If there is a similarly priced blade, but the senior, but if you are really serious about playing (more so ice), don't skimp and get cheap junior blade.

My converted pro stock Darren Haydar 9k0 shaft I use a junior blade in it and same with the Samsonov One95 shaft. THe Sammy one however can fit a SR Tapered shaft perfectly.

Take it from a witness first hand.

I've seen this happen during a league game and the blade flew off of a teammates stick like nobody's business even after it was taped AND glued.

All his backup sticks were like that and he played quite differently after knowing he could've knocked someones teeth out for saving a few bucks.