Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

almack

12 dirtiest players

Avery is strategically dirty. Though Avery is probably top 5 dirtiest players in the NHL, theres a difference between the stuff he does to get people to take retaliatory penalties versus something like getting beat and then sticking your knee out.

I was going to mention Georges Laraque and then I remembered he isn't a professional athlete anymore.

Can't see why anyone would label Laraque as particularly dirty player, unless I've missed large chunks of his career.

I'll put a vote in for Rob Ramage. He always seemed to be out to injure.

Corey F'n Perry! The man gets away with murder on the ice. I can't believe he gets no votes.

haha me too, perry's up there too

Can't see why anyone would label Laraque as particularly dirty player, unless I've missed large chunks of his career.

Ramage was reckless , and he's currently finally serving prison time for killing Magnusson

I just remember his knee on Kronvall, I don't know what else he did.

More seriously I've always hated pretty much everything Carcillo does. He clearly has no regard for opponents, and when hes not trying to injure people behind the referees hes acting and diving worse than anyone.

Wow how did the league not take action on Carcillo there? That was really bad, very distasteful. It's cheating, thank god he didn't get away with it.

Diving penalty?

Not really considered to be 'diving' I don't think. It'd be an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Funny how you mentioned the two youtube examples posted above.

I'm definitely not a fan of Avery. I think a lot of the things he does get blown out of proportion.

The hit from behind he put on Lucic when Avery was with the Stars is another fine example.

But Avery is an honorable man...........

There's plenty of other fodder on the punk. The saddest is probably the stick blade into Clarkson's face waiting for a faceoff. The guy is definitely top 3 of people I wouldn't mind that much seeing get Theisman'd.

I guess Maxim Lapierre will never be mentioned in this thread because he plays for the Canadiens? And how many other people does Malkin have to slewfoot before people start calling him dirty?

ASide from Carcillo and Avery I would definitely say Jarko Ruutu and Tuomo Ruutu. They are both dirty players. Also this won't be popular, but Crosby and Malkin get away with a ton of cheap shots. Then if anyone touches them it is an exagerated penalty.

The hit from behind he put on Lucic when Avery was with the Stars is another fine example.

Hit is at the 7:22 mark and 8:12 mark.

I had to struggle not to put my fist through the screen watching Steve Ott in that video. Any game that makes Mike Modano embarrassed to be a member of a team can't be good.