Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Reebok Player AND Goal Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/106-2011-reebok-catalogue/

Skates - No changes from 2010.

Sticks - The 11k was released in October 2010 - sll other sticks have been updated with newer graphics. The O-Tech line doesn't have any changes from 2010 other than a white Duchene signature model in the 8.O.8.

Helmet - The 11k is the new helmet for 2011; it replaces the aging 8k which came out during Reebok's debut in 2005. With a new shell, the helmet also features a new Microdial which now allows for the padding to be adjusted upwards as well as laterally. The 7k, 5k and 4k use the older-style shell. 11k and 7k are also available in custom colorways.

Gloves - The 9000 is a pro-spec 4-roll glove with a nylon outer and reinforced nash palm. The 11k continues Reebok's take on anatomical-fit gloves. - a two-piece glove with integrated wrist protection.

Protective - This is where things get interesting...for better or for worse; I don't know - but what I will do is touch on this after I see it. As someone who loves the Jofa-style padding, I don't want to comment on it until I see it in person.

Pants - unchanged from 2010.

Sticks : 3K Resistance? An OPS cheaper than $50 and would be best used outdoors...interesting. A fused 2pc stick as well. Seems like Reebok made a typo on the flexes of the O-Tech sticks haha

Protective: seems like JDP has returned...isn't that what made JOFA famous?

these catalogue uploads are like Christmas presents :D

Sticks : 3K Resistance? An OPS cheaper than $50 and would be best used outdoors...interesting. A fused 2pc stick as well. Seems like Reebok made a typo on the flexes of the O-Tech sticks haha

Protective: seems like JDP has returned...isn't that what made JOFA famous?

these catalogue uploads are like Christmas presents :D

JDP never left...

ZigTech fibers increase oxygen levels in your blood. What?

I had the exact same response. I googled "zigtech fibers" and found the following:

"Reebok ZigTech trainers work by celliant® fibers knitted or woven into the synthetic and mesh uppers of every pair.

These fibers contain a proprietary blend of 13 optically responsive natural minerals that are blended with polyester fibers.

Celliant fibers act as a catalyst, reflecting light energy emitted by the body and sends it back to the body.

The result is increased oxygen levels in the skin by an average of 7%, which gives you more energy for sport and life."

Sounds like some hocus pocus BS... :dry:

I had the exact same response. I googled "zigtech fibers" and found the following:

"Reebok ZigTech trainers work by celliant® fibers knitted or woven into the synthetic and mesh uppers of every pair.

These fibers contain a proprietary blend of 13 optically responsive natural minerals that are blended with polyester fibers.

Celliant fibers act as a catalyst, reflecting light energy emitted by the body and sends it back to the body.

The result is increased oxygen levels in the skin by an average of 7%, which gives you more energy for sport and life."

Sounds like some hocus pocus BS... :dry:

I did some more searching online and found and interesting link from the fiber manufacturer.

Celliant Link

It will be interesting to see if this stuff really works...

its up to 588 downloads now , but im still getting a "file broken". went back and tried about a dozen other catalogs and had no problem . It could be me but.....

Enough of this "it doesn't work for me" posts - the file is 37MB, it is hosted, and it is a valid file. I just re-downloaded it.

I cannot do anything for you if it doesn't work. It is OBVIOUSLY on your end.

It was mentioned in another thread that the 11k cage looks great but seeing it in the catalogue nothing seems to stand out about it. Can anybody who's seen it elaborate please on what if anything makes it worth waiting for?

I did some more searching online and found and interesting link from the fiber manufacturer.

Celliant Link

It will be interesting to see if this stuff really works...

I imagine Reebok must have had some success in their testing with the fibers, in order for them to claim it will actually do something for you, it may also have done what they say but still have very little effect. The website says it will increase by 7% - 7% of what? They never specify (common marketing technique) but still make sure the customers knows they did their research on the product. While they probably found it did increase oxygen levels their are many many different factors that could represent they that may or may not wish to elaborate on. If you think about it, at least in my opinion, the only way a fiber is going to increase any amount of oxygen is that the fiber would be a light, breathable material which would allow airflow to circulate better. However, you can't absorb oxygen from your skin so that pretty much makes any point about fibers increasing oxygen obsolete. They may also be magicians over at Reebok and have found a way to bend the laws of anatomy.. who knows. Regardless of whether what they say is true or not the only true factors that hockey players normally worry about are protection and comfort. Not sure how zig tech relates to either of those but perhaps they just want to sell more shoes by getting their product name out there a little more.

The cage has better vision than the truvison, looks great, and has a nicer chin cup and the tightening system with the straps is really nice and easy. Eay better than the 5k

Had multiple problems with this file in Firefox but it works perfect with IE and Safari.

Worked fine for me using Firefox 3.6 on PC, Firefox 4.0 beta 7 on PC and Firefox on Mac.

I imagine Reebok must have had some success in their testing with the fibers, in order for them to claim it will actually do something for you, it may also have done what they say but still have very little effect. The website says it will increase by 7% - 7% of what? They never specify (common marketing technique) but still make sure the customers knows they did their research on the product. While they probably found it did increase oxygen levels their are many many different factors that could represent they that may or may not wish to elaborate on. If you think about it, at least in my opinion, the only way a fiber is going to increase any amount of oxygen is that the fiber would be a light, breathable material which would allow airflow to circulate better. However, you can't absorb oxygen from your skin so that pretty much makes any point about fibers increasing oxygen obsolete. They may also be magicians over at Reebok and have found a way to bend the laws of anatomy.. who knows. Regardless of whether what they say is true or not the only true factors that hockey players normally worry about are protection and comfort. Not sure how zig tech relates to either of those but perhaps they just want to sell more shoes by getting their product name out there a little more.

I'm guessing if it does what is claims to, maybe it takes the infrared wavelengths of light radiating from you (i.e. heat) and distributes the heat throughout the garment to warm up other cooler parts (i.e. increasing the blood circulation). But you think that would be trapping the heat... :wacko: I don't know, it's just a guess.