Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Royals92

president

who do u want for pres.  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have my opinion but if there's two things I'd rather not discuss, it's religion and politics.

That being said, I look forward to ordering a pizza and viewing the election coverage tonight. It will be very interesting and I'd venture to guess that we won't know who will be the President for the next 4 years, when we go to bed tonight. Both candidates have a team of lawyers ready to roll and this may make the whole 2000 "Hanging chad' fiasco seem like nothing.

I`m going for Kerry as well! The whole system of voting is the stupidest thing ever. The whole premise of the system takes away form democracy, but thats another issue I guess.

Right now, Kerry has the slight lead in the Electoral vote at 262-261. The to win, you need 270 electoral votes, so if neither candidate gets enough (correct me if I'm wrong) it goes to the House (which is Republican) and they vote.

www.electoral-vote.com

Right now, Kerry has the slight lead in the Electoral vote at 262-261.  The to win, you need 270 electoral votes, so if neither candidate gets enough (correct me if I'm wrong) it goes to the House (which is Republican) and they vote.

www.electoral-vote.com

The dont NEED 270 to win, its just that a tie would be 269 to 269 (but I guess they would need 270, unless Nader amazingly pulls out a win).

Right now, Kerry has the slight lead in the Electoral vote at 262-261. The to win, you need 270 electoral votes, so if neither candidate gets enough (correct me if I'm wrong) it goes to the House (which is Republican) and they vote.

www.electoral-vote.com

Actually those are projected numbers, not based on results.

I would be interested in seeing more options when I go into the booth. Only having two sets of opinions to choose from should not be acceptable to a nation that is as diverse in background and opinions as is America.

Bush is an idiot, but Kerry just plain weak. so bush it is.

Just curious... why would you consider it acceptable to vote for an "idiot" to run our country?

I would be interested in seeing more options when I go into the booth. Only having two sets of opinions to choose from should not be acceptable to a nation that is as diverse in background and opinions as is America.

It's nice to have other options, but it basically boils down to 2 candidates anyways. At least from a Canadian point of view. IMO a vote for anything besides Liberal or Conservative is almost a vote thrown away (Provincially/Federally) because they are the only ones with a shot. It's most votes and voters I speak to are voting against parties rather than for them.

Yeah, thats what I meant. Obviously we won't know about the final results for a while. I never understood why when they poll, they do the simple Bush 49% Kerry 49%, undecided 2%. Thats not how people get elected, obviously.

im just a kid but to me bush seems really dumb and ther is no way he can lead our country in debates he does not sound educated at all but kerry never really explains anything he just says he has a plan i wish he would go into more detail. What well probly end up happeneing is that it well go 269 to 269 than it well go to the house which is republican and bush well win. Im scared there well be a draft i dont wanna go to war if the draft was when i was of age. I think war is all around dumb.

Yeah, thats what I meant. Obviously we won't know about the final results for a while. I never understood why when they poll, they do the simple Bush 49% Kerry 49%, undecided 2%. Thats not how people get elected, obviously.

Online polls are inaccurate because of the great American system isn`t based on popular vote it`s on the great Electorial College System.

Yeah...He does. He has people like Powell and Rice in his cabinet that are much smarter then him in actuality(sp?)

Well, some will say there will be a draft. It has been found that it was E-mails. But who knows...

Only two people voted for the draft resolution, the two democratic senators(could be house, I don't recall) that sponsored the bill. It's a non-issue for either party, neither party nor the military wants a draft.

You can count me in as someone who thinks Bush will make his best attempt to institute a draft if he wins. It's the only way he's gonna get enough kids to join up and go over to Iraq and attempt to clean up that horrible mess he has made.

I think Bush had an amazing campaign, it's alot harder to convince people that the way you do things currently is right. Kerry's job is alot easyer trying to convince people that his PLANS are better then Bush's current orders or ways to act. I don't think that the USA are willing to start all over again with someone new especially the way the economy is going, the war underway, etc... If it would be an election with 2 new presidents to be, I am sure Kerry would win, but I just don't think the USA would be willing to change right now. I would personally go for Kerry, but I think Bush will win tonight.

The draft is a pretty sketchy issue. I can see how someone would think that Bush would be the one who would instate it, but like Chadd said, it was two democrats who started it (one was from Michigan, I forget where the other was from). Kerry talks about adding more soldiers to Iraq, where are they going to come from?

You can count me in as someone who thinks Bush will make his best attempt to institute a draft if he wins. It's the only way he's gonna get enough kids to join up and go over to Iraq and attempt to clean up that horrible mess he has made.

I didn't vote, but Kerry wants 40,000 or so extra soldiers in Iraq or the army, so he'd have to do the same thing by your logic.

As for me, I don't like either and I'm in MA but have NY residency, so why bother?

You can count me in as someone who thinks Bush will make his best attempt to institute a draft if he wins.  It's the only way he's gonna get enough kids to join up and go over to Iraq and attempt to clean up that horrible mess he has made.

I didn't vote, but Kerry wants 40,000 or so extra soldiers in Iraq or the army, so he'd have to do the same thing by your logic.

As for me, I don't like either and I'm in MA but have NY residency, so why bother?

You may very well be right... maybe Kerry was going to do the same thing. I just have a hunch based on what I've heard from all the military people I worked with along with my father and his retired military buddies.

Only two people voted for the draft resolution, the two democratic senators(could be house, I don't recall) that sponsored the bill. It's a non-issue for either party, neither party nor the military wants a draft.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:HR00163:@@@P

Sponsered by CHARLEY RANGEL! Living in Jersey, I know good ol' charley, one of the most liberal reps out there. It is sponsered by 14 liberals, so the bill is sponsered by 15 democrats, so the propoganda by the left is untrue. It was a house bill, it failed 2-402.

I Would vote for Michael Badnarik. PLEASE take a moment and look at this video, and tell me what you think about the libertarian party. http://badnarik.org/interview_9news.php

VOTE LIBERTARIAN