Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LBinlineJOEJOE

inline specific boot vs. ice boot conversion

it's time for me to get fresh boots. i'm looking at 2 skates right now, but with the onset of the 2011 products (reebok 11k's for instance), i might expand that. but depending on whether or not my current skates can make it until these new products come out, i might have to jump at either the bauer rx60's, or a pair of bauer one100 conversions. i tried out some tour's just to see what the hum'er was like, and i loved it, so i'm definitly going to be throwing that chassis on either way i go. i can't stand mission mag's anymore, as you'll see below. my question is this, which boot do you guys think will last longer - the inline specific rx60's, or the one100's? any feedback is appreciated. in my own experience, skates which i have converted from ice have tended to last longer (i have easton se16's, and they've held up fine, except for the fact that my mag chassis busted while blocking a shot, where one of the rivets hold it to the boot, so ya, now the boot is ruined as well). just wanna get some outside feedback in regards to bauer's, as i haven't owned any in a long while.

In theory, roller is going to be more abusive to the outsole of the skate, so I would imagine that the RX60 might be built better in that area than an ice boot. I have no facts at all to back it up, but I'm just thinking with some logic here.

In theory, roller is going to be more abusive to the outsole of the skate, so I would imagine that the RX60 might be built better in that area than an ice boot. I have no facts at all to back it up, but I'm just thinking with some logic here.

you would think so, but the reebok 8k's (inline specific) were quite possibly the quikest breaking down skates i've ever used. but ya... hmm, maybe i'll get both, haha... thanks for the input.

Well, here is the rest of my opinion.

For skates, I would only go Bauer or Reebok. I don't care for the inline brands at all.

Now, the problem with that is I don't feel like they put much effort into the inline... line.

Personally, I wanted something inbetween the RX25 and RX60, but Bauer doesn't make anything. I was going to make some X40 ice skates into inlines, but I found a killer deal on RBK 9Ks, so I did those for MUCH cheaper. I'm pleased so far.

I think the One100s would be pretty cool. I hope you do them!

If u fit one100 then u wont fit the rx60 and vice versa. Supremest are much wider.

That being said, the new Mission skates are built off the Supreme last.

If u fit one100 then u wont fit the rx60 and vice versa. Supremest are much wider.

ya, i haven't owned bauer's in YEARS!! let's just say i was still playing ice hockey at a squirt age level... haha. thanks for that input, definitely gotta go with the one100's then...

Im in the process of a conversion myself and if you got the cash I say go 100s. The boot is well made and will last a very long time I have no doubt. Unfortunately i am not as lucky to have that kind of cash so I am converting a pair of supreme 70s which are still really good. Let me know how it all works out for you either way.

i've been a roller player for almost 15 years (recreationally, collegiately, and professionally). The biggest knock on ALL inline skates made for inline is that they break down way to easily. Primarily because they are designed to be light and more absorbant because roller is typically more sweat inducing.

Because of this, wewer inline skates are no where near as stiff as the old-school Mission lines( VS, Vs Composite, Team Carbon). Personally, i like real stiff boots because the stiffer they are, the more responsive they are.

The best thing i've ever done is switch over an ice boot with a roller chassis. The stiffness is so drastic. Then again, it all depends on how you like your skates.

Right now, i'm on Nike Bauer Vapor XXXXs with a Mission vaguard chassis; i'm never buying an inline boot again.

inline skates i've had:

old bauer cloth ones, lol.

CCM Tacks 6.0

Mission Control XI

Mission Mod 4

Mission Proto VS Composite (two pairs)

Tour 962

Tour Code 1

Mission Wicked 1

Mission Assassins

Bauer Vapor xxxx (only ice boot)

so long story short -- go with the One100s or find a closeout/pro stock ice boot with equivalent stiffness; especially for the cost of the RX60. I feel most of that cost comes from the wheels anyway (Labeda Addictions that are $13.99 each x8 = 111.92)

i've been a roller player for almost 15 years (recreationally, collegiately, and professionally). The biggest knock on ALL inline skates made for inline is that they break down way to easily. Primarily because they are designed to be light and more absorbant because roller is typically more sweat inducing.

Because of this, wewer inline skates are no where near as stiff as the old-school Mission lines( VS, Vs Composite, Team Carbon). Personally, i like real stiff boots because the stiffer they are, the more responsive they are.

The best thing i've ever done is switch over an ice boot with a roller chassis. The stiffness is so drastic. Then again, it all depends on how you like your skates.

Right now, i'm on Nike Bauer Vapor XXXXs with a Mission vaguard chassis; i'm never buying an inline boot again.

inline skates i've had:

old bauer cloth ones, lol.

CCM Tacks 6.0

Mission Control XI

Mission Mod 4

Mission Proto VS Composite (two pairs)

Tour 962

Tour Code 1

Mission Wicked 1

Mission Assassins

Bauer Vapor xxxx (only ice boot)

What up Simon,

I agree 100% about ice boots keeping their stiffness longer/being stiffer to begin with.

If you take CCM for example, their top of the line V10 skate (the all black one) is about as stiff as their third tier boot for ice.

The only boot I have seen that is really the same quality as a top line ice boot of the current market roller hockey skates is the RX60 but of course, you could easily buy a closeout high end ice boot and get it mounted to a chassis for half the price (or less) of the RX60 until they come out with a replacement and they get cheaper.

What up Simon,

I agree 100% about ice boots keeping their stiffness longer/being stiffer to begin with.

If you take CCM for example, their top of the line V10 skate (the all black one) is about as stiff as their third tier boot for ice.

The only boot I have seen that is really the same quality as a top line ice boot of the current market roller hockey skates is the RX60 but of course, you could easily buy a closeout high end ice boot and get it mounted to a chassis for half the price (or less) of the RX60 until they come out with a replacement and they get cheaper.

hey Ty! come out for Team Blue next year! .....anyway, solid example used on the CCM skate tier comparison.

I agree, close out skates are the way to go. You can even find good deals on pro stock skates on ebay (just have to find your size). i picked up my vapor xxxx's for $120 off ebay. Retail when they first came out was probably $499 if not more.

hey Ty! come out for Team Blue next year! .....anyway, solid example used on the CCM skate tier comparison.

I agree, close out skates are the way to go. You can even find good deals on pro stock skates on ebay (just have to find your size). i picked up my vapor xxxx's for $120 off ebay. Retail when they first came out was probably $499 if not more.

Ha, I will think about it man.

I just ordered a pair of Boss SE's on crazy closeout ($270) I cant wait to try them out. I was going to do a conversion but that price was just too tempting.

I once bought a pair of inline v8.0s at the same time I bought some ice v6.0. Initially the v6.0 felt slightly stiffer, and over time the v8.0 broke down much more quickly. Even with the added cost of having to buy a chassis and wheels, I think ice boots are a better long term investment.

Ha, I will think about it man.

I just ordered a pair of Boss SE's on crazy closeout ($270) I cant wait to try them out. I was going to do a conversion but that price was just too tempting.

Boss SE's are one sexy pair of skates...what size did you end up going with? i just recently realized that my Assassins were 7.5 EE width (no wonder i didn't like them). i think 7.5D woud've been a perfect fit.

Boss SE's are one sexy pair of skates...what size did you end up going with? i just recently realized that my Assassins were 7.5 EE width (no wonder i didn't like them). i think 7.5D woud've been a perfect fit.

I went with 7D (my shoe is an 8.5 and they recommend 7D, plus my CCMs are all 7D and fit great). Hopefully they will not be too small but I can always try to exchange them for a 7.5 if they are.

Someone on here said that they had the same shoe/CCM size as me and they had a 7D in the SE line and they are perfect so thats why I went with that.

alright, so i'm going to be throwing the labeda 9000 hum'er elite chassis' onto a pair of bauer one95's. ya buddy. i'll post some pics in the "custom skates/ice to inline conversion" thread when they're up and running, er skating.